Mavic DJI Care Refresh
1168 14 2017-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5fa064f8
New
Flight distance : 616135 ft
United States

What is the current typical turnaround time for a Mavic replacement?  My drone took the UPS Ground trip all the way to California and took a extra day because of the labor day holiday.  Once it was recieved in I got all excited becasuse I got it seemed to fly through the Refresh process.  It made it all the way to the step "To be Replaced".  It also showed that it would only take one working day for replacement.  That has now been almost a week and no change in my status.  I contacted the customer support chat and they really were no help in indicating when the drone would be replaced.  

CAS-964246-F1X3L4

2017-9-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry for this, I've informed the appropriate team to look into this case, will escalate it, hope it can be sorted out shortly, appreciate your patience.
2017-9-11
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

Mine took 2-1/2 weeks UPS ground from western Wisconsin, with Labor Day weekend falling in the middle.
2017-9-12
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

I have another question for DJI. The Mavic I got back under the Care Refresh Program was manufactured at an earlier date then the one I sent in and it looked "new" unused.  So the question, how do I know if the replacement Mavic was a new one or a previously used refurbished one.
2017-9-12
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

Locoman Posted at 2017-9-12 00:31
I have another question for DJI. The Mavic I got back under the Care Refresh Program was manufactured at an earlier date then the one I sent in and it looked "new" unused.  So the question, how do I know if the replacement Mavic was a new one or a previously used refurbished one.

This is not a new question and is something I and others have asked for clarification on but yet to receive. I don't like the idea that I send my drone in and get someone else's drone back ... I know how I look after my drone, I might not get a drone back that has had the same level of TLC.
2017-9-12
Use props
Jinjur
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I will chime in here too.

I have had a repair done by DJI recently (and the timescales and process, I must still commend) however..........despite being advised in my case that my unit was being repaired. I received a different, older drone with all stickers etc removed and visible marks.

I also checked and found that the drone was older and yes, terms and conditions aside, it's not acceptable the more I think about it.

These unit WILL have a lifespan, there are wear and tear items in them. Of course DJI will honour the warranty that remains on the product, I pretty much guarantee that the drone I had has been used MUCH more than mine was (perhaps, 10-15 proper flights).

Imagine a car dealership having to fix a gearbox on your car..............even if their policy was to replace the whole car instead of fix it...............can you imagine if they took the line of "as per standard t's and c's, here is your replacement, older car, with more scratches, with more mileage on it"

Can you imagine that?

I can't.

I did not object at the time of repair as the detail stated

After testing and diagnosing your product, DJI will provide you with the free repair service. The repair is expected to be finished in 2 to 3 working days, then the product will be sent back to you. Thank you for choosing DJI.

And nor did the status of my case reflect a replacement rather than repair. I was overjoyed at the prospect of receiving my *actual* drone back as I had looked after it meticulously and as mentioned, it had hardly been used.

I can 100% understand the refurbished approach for DJI Care Refresh which I also have............a £75 drone albeit refurbished is better than a drone in pieces.............but this is WARRANTY WORK.

This cannot be right.

J

Capture.PNG
2017-9-12
Use props
djiuser_CaZScC2
New
Flight distance : 1017 ft
United States

I am leaving a comment here as i just sent my mavic pro in today to be repaired or care refresh.
I started my drone a few times inside since i got it on Friday.I did not fly it but just starred it to get a feel etc.Then on sunday the 10th i took it out for first flight.I did a auto takeoff and when it took off it got about 4ft in the air and took a nose dive!I then restarted drone and controller to see if all was well so i tried again an it took off fine and everything worked except the gimbal.I flew it not to far from me and all is well so i hope they just replace the gimbal and send my original back.Now it wont calibrate and says motor over-heating.
I just dropped it at UPS store so i hope i have a good experience with care fresh/warranty.
M drone has maybe 8mins of fly time so i would hope i do not get a replacement/used drone.I did mark it so i will know if it is mine.
I am so happy for this story and forum as i am so nervous about sending my brand new drone back and getting some used one.
I will keep you all up to date on my experience as it goes!
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi, guys, please read After-Sales service policy here. Products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. These refurbished goods have been tested and are similar to brand new goods in function and appearance. If any refurbished parts or units do not meet our quality assurance requirements, brand new parts or units will be issued. Any replaced parts may come with different serial numbers. after.png
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_CaZScC2 Posted at 2017-9-12 16:25
I am leaving a comment here as i just sent my mavic pro in today to be repaired or care refresh.
I started my drone a few times inside since i got it on Friday.I did not fly it but just starred it to get a feel etc.Then on sunday the 10th i took it out for first flight.I did a auto takeoff and when it took off it got about 4ft in the air and took a nose dive!I then restarted drone and controller to see if all was well so i tried again an it took off fine and everything worked except the gimbal.I flew it not to far from me and all is well so i hope they just replace the gimbal and send my original back.Now it wont calibrate and says motor over-heating.
I just dropped it at UPS store so i hope i have a good experience with care fresh/warranty.

No worries, local repair team will take care of it and get it addressed for you when it arrives, appreciate your patience.
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jinjur Posted at 2017-9-12 03:07
I will chime in here too.

I have had a repair done by DJI recently (and the timescales and process, I must still commend) however..........despite being advised in my case that my unit was being repaired. I received a different, older drone with all stickers etc removed and visible marks.

Your case has been escalated to designated department to follow up, we are sorry for the trouble caused, please communicate via email, our supervisor will try his best to get it addressed for you, thanks.
2017-9-12
Use props
Jinjur
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Mindy, are you saying that I have to email someone to escalate this or have you done it?

It was addressed before I raised the above and I got the terms and conditions sent back.
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jinjur Posted at 2017-9-13 01:04
Mindy, are you saying that I have to email someone to escalate this or have you done it?

It was addressed before I raised the above and I got the terms and conditions sent back.

I've seen the damaged gimbal cover has been shipped out, hope you will receive it soon.
2017-9-14
Use props
Jinjur
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi Mindy,

Yes, I received that thank you. However, my main issue is getting an older drone with visible signs of use and not having the choice to have had mine returned.

Can you chase that up please

Thanks
Andy
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jinjur Posted at 2017-9-14 01:20
Hi Mindy,

Yes, I received that thank you. However, my main issue is getting an older drone with visible signs of use and not having the choice to have had mine returned.

Sorry that we have made it clear in our policy that the products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. These refurbished goods have been tested and are similar to brand new goods in function and appearance.
We cannot replace a brand new drone regarding your issue, and our supervisor has explained it by email too. If there is any malfunction with the drone, please keep us updated.
2017-9-14
Use props
Jinjur
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Not great that is it really?

Can you please send on the production stickers then that came on the drone? These were returned to you but didn't come back

Once again, a great repair experience marred by a quite absurd policy.

Do you even still have my actual drone? Can that not be repaired and sent back to me instead of this OLDER MODEL?

A
2017-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules