767 12 2017-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sunfield
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2406325 ft
Netherlands

Hey all,

Since buying and flying my Phantom 4 Pro, I didn't use any filters. Now I was thinking about buying some of the PolarPro series, these: https://www.polarprofilters.com/ ... phantom4pro-filters

I want to use them for filming and photo. What are your experiences with these filters and are they worth buying?

Thanks in advance!

2017-9-12
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

I got the ND16 from DJI, I think its a great investment makes, my images look vivid, and not washed out in colors
2017-9-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Polar Pro cinema are excellent.
2017-9-12
Use props
Barney2k
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Definitely the Polar Pro filters - they're by far the best I've seen.

Plus if you buy the pack you can get multiple filters to make sure you've got the right filter for the right shot.
2017-9-12
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

Barney2k Posted at 2017-9-12 06:58
Definitely the Polar Pro filters - they're by far the best I've seen.

Plus if you buy the pack you can get multiple filters to make sure you've got the right filter for the right shot.

I agree, I didnt get them but maybe that will be second purchase.
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

N16 filters will be very helpful in sunlight. You will get more out of your camera with these filters.
2017-9-12
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-12 08:51
N16 filters will be very helpful in sunlight. You will get more out of your camera with these filters.

They really help you to find the best shot!
2017-9-12
Use props
Capt Whitefoot
lvl.3

United States

I bought the same set of filters from a different company for about $40 and they seem to work wonders for me.  Its possible there is a better quality to these filters, but I can say that if you don't want to spend that much, there are cheaper brands out there.
2017-9-12
Use props
sunfield
lvl.2
Netherlands

Thanks for all the replies. Will order the vivid collection asap!
2017-9-12
Use props
EagleEyeUAV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1242638 ft
United States

i would say any polar pro filters are great also drone work has nice filters I really like those also especially in the fact you can change the polarization to different darknesses
2017-9-13
Use props
sunfield
lvl.2
Netherlands

Again, thanks all for the responses. Already tried them and they work great. Only thing is they wont fit the original DJI gimbal lock, so I have to change the original UV filter every time. Will fix that later :-)
2017-9-18
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sunfield Posted at 2017-9-18 01:53
Again, thanks all for the responses. Already tried them and they work great. Only thing is they wont fit the original DJI gimbal lock, so I have to change the original UV filter every time. Will fix that later :-)

DJI ND8 filter fitted all the time - Fits in gimbal clamp and works just as good as most.
2017-9-18
Use props
PolarProSupport
lvl.2

United States

sunfield Posted at 2017-9-18 01:53

Hi sunfield,

Glad to hear you're enjoying the filters so far!  We know the stock DJI lock won't work with our filters installed, so we offer our own https://www.polarprofilters.com/collections/dji-phantom-4-pro/products/phantom-4-pro-gimbal-lock that is compatible whether our filters are mounted to the drone or not.  It sounded like you may not have come across that before so I wanted to mention it.  If you have any questions about that or the filters at any point, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@polarpro.com.

- Oliver from PolarPro
2017-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules