Drone has close call with Apache helecopter
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Here's a story to remind everyone that vigilance is required at all times.
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/ ... -beach-air-13638144

Note to mods, I couldn't find a news section but I thought this may interest members.
2017-9-18
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

No worries for apache.  Drone would not have even scratched that tough baby
2017-9-18
Use props
GrangerFX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

Interesting: He ascended to avoid a collision. Most of the time you would want to descend to avoid collision but it sounds like the helicopter was hugging the waves. I had a similar situation where I watched a cessna zip by just above the water at a beach where I was flying. My drone was no where near that spot at the time but it had been there a short time earlier. I think it is time we took the heat off the amature untrained drone pilots and start placing it on the trained aircraft pilots: If you fly below 500 feet, YOU should watch out for and avoid drones.
2017-9-18
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

GrangerFX Posted at 2017-9-18 08:38
Interesting: He ascended to avoid a collision. Most of the time you would want to descend to avoid collision but it sounds like the helicopter was hugging the waves. I had a similar situation where I watched a cessna zip by just above the water at a beach where I was flying. My drone was no where near that spot at the time but it had been there a short time earlier. I think it is time we took the heat off the amature untrained drone pilots and start placing it on the trained aircraft pilots: If you fly below 500 feet, YOU should watch out for and avoid drones.

Not as easy as it sounds but certainly the point is understood. Always be aware of your surroundings at all time.
2017-9-18
Use props
Dale 68
Second Officer
Flight distance : 338468 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I live in a valley in Wales and there's a particular field I like to fly in but there's been a couple of times I've had to wait for Chinook or a  Hercules on it's way to the Mach Loop to pass before I can take off, I just hope my bird isn't in the air one day, as you get no warning
2017-9-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Dale 68 Posted at 2017-9-20 05:44
I live in a valley in Wales and there's a particular field I like to fly in but there's been a couple of times I've had to wait for Chinook or a  Hercules on it's way to the Mach Loop to pass before I can take off, I just hope my bird isn't in the air one day, as you get no warning

Don't you hear these aircrafts on time to descend?
I have no idea how long you even have when you first hear them coming.
2017-9-20
Use props
James Whenman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 426375 ft
United States

This video sticks you in a commercial with no way out. IMO
2017-9-20
Use props
Dale 68
Second Officer
Flight distance : 338468 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-9-20 05:49
Don't you hear these aircrafts on time to descend?
I have no idea how long you even have when you first hear them coming.

You can here them in the distance but you don't know where they are, also you'll be surprised how quiet they can be sometimes, I don't mind seeing them to be honest as its only during the week they fly, no problems at the weekends
2017-9-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Dale 68 Posted at 2017-9-21 06:13
You can here them in the distance but you don't know where they are, also you'll be surprised how quiet they can be sometimes, I don't mind seeing them to be honest as its only during the week they fly, no problems at the weekends

We have them flying close to where I live, but here in NL they 'usually' stick to their designated area's for low level flying.
I love the sound of a chopper closing in, but can imagine it is different when they get close to where you are flying.
2017-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules