2381 15 2015-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tylerj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1595030 ft
  • >>>
United States

Been flying a bunch with my new I1, yesterday I was out on an island, middle of no where and the video trasmission strength was so weak it was worthless. At 200 feet HD transmission would drop out, and the controller is constantly hunting for a signal. I have two controlelrs and consisttanly flying past 200 ft video would start cutting out and freeze and like i said I was no where near civilization.

RC strength was always strong.

Anyone having similar issues?

2015-4-4
Use props
lcoleman
lvl.2

United States

Mine is very weak also. While in the air with a clear path to the Inspire, I usually max out at about 1,000 feet before I have problems. If there is anything in the way - trees, building, etc - it gets much worse. I was testing it out tonight by sitting the Inspire on the ground and walking away with the transmitter. At about 200 feet I start getting serious video transmission problems and then just a little farther I drop video totally. Like you, my controller signal is strong at that point but when I lose video totally I also lose all my other data (distance, speed, etc) and then get a Disconnected message at the top.

I notice that the video signal is very sensitive to direction and if I'm not pointing the controller directly at the Inspire the signal drops very fast (even before 200 feet). If I face away from the Inspire so the signal is going through my body or even put my had in front of the controller I lose video signal way before 200 feet.

We are talking 200 FEET while walking or 1,000 feet while flying in best conditions. When I look at the channel I am on it appears to be stable and with little noise. I have tried custom channels and settings, but I see no difference.

I would love some insight into what is causing this. Anyone with similar experiences or ideas on how to improve my transmission would be appreciated.
2015-4-4
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

http://youtu.be/6BPQxflfQiE
2015-4-5
Use props
areischauer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 257382 ft
United States

Make your voices heard.  Dji needs to know about these things
2015-4-5
Use props
delas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1372287 ft
Greece

Signal loss all the time....
2015-4-5
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

Flew mine yesterday and the video signal dropped at 2.9KM.. Something might be wrong with yah birds.. Just saying...
2015-4-5
Use props
benjaminsink
lvl.2

United States

I just got my inspire back from the LA repair facility. The crash was repaired for free under warranty. So today I took my bird out for its first test flight back since its arrival. DJI updated firmware while it was there being repaired. Now first thing I noticed is:

When boots up video quality is very pixelated and choppy, green lines on the screen

It displays the "weak transmission signal" after being 120 ft away (distance wise) not height. When moving the gimbal wih remote it dosent show up on the iPad for about 2 seconds.

Super lag with it as well.  Something isn't right. I never had this problem before the accident. They said they test flew it and it was fully functional but did they test the bird for the distance as well? I'm wondering if there is something they didn't catch...

The bird was in the repair facilty for a month.. I've owned it outside of that for a week.. I really hope this is an firmware issue or something and I don't have to send it in again.
2015-4-8
Use props
benjaminsink
lvl.2

United States

My second controller also came to me while I was waiting on my inspire to be repaired. After getting zero help with phone support I figured I would be able to rule out if it was the inspire itself or my remote. I linked the new remote to the bird and had the same issue again and again. It's so strange because it's at a certain distance it just drops and I get nothing but green striped pixelated footage.
2015-4-8
Use props
tylerj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1595030 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tomorrow I am going to test with different antenna angels and see if that helps, however I am constantly losing signal between 200-250 feet, over 300 ft and it freezes. The latest firmware did nothing to help this.

I'll post something on my results.
2015-4-12
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

i lose 720p video signal at 2200-2500 feet in line of sight now before with custom channels i could go longer
2015-4-12
Use props
bvh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2669265 ft
United States

I lose signal to bird anywhere between 750-1000 feet, line-of-sight.  I used to be able to go further with channel 32.

2015-4-13
Use props
Bin Farteen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 174272 ft
United States

Hi,
I had the same issue where my video would just stop transmitting just after take off...
This is what I did and it worked:
On the camera itself, there are two screw holding the connector that connect to the I1.  I loosen those screws just a little bit (maybe 1/2 turn) , to give that connector more heights so that when I mount my camera, the connector touch the I1 .
Never had any problems after that...

Hope this helps
2015-9-4
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

Bin Farteen Posted at 2015-9-5 04:49
Hi,
I had the same issue where my video would just stop transmitting just after take off...
This is  ...

It stopped transmitting due to signal loss or it just stopped transmitting?
2015-9-5
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Bin Farteen Posted at 2015-9-4 19:49
Hi,
This is  ...

Good to know. I will take note for future reference.
2015-9-5
Use props
Bin Farteen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 174272 ft
United States

Machoman Posted at 2015-9-5 04:15
It stopped transmitting due to signal loss or it just stopped transmitting?

Bad contact between the camera and the gimbal created a signal loss ... After I loosen those screws, i had no more signal loss and always have a good image
2015-9-8
Use props
3space
lvl.2
Flight distance : 587359 ft
Canada

So, how far can you transmit with this fix having been done?  Thx!
2015-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules