Fighting the wind
675 4 2017-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
larrymull
lvl.3
Flight distance : 468668 ft
Australia

Well it was my birthday yesterday and what better way to spend it then head down to the beach and fly the spark. Well it was blowing pretty hard with plenty of gusty winds too out there but I was determined to push the drone a bit further today and see it's capabilities in the wind. In other words nothing was stopping me today.

I managed to fly it out over some yachts over the ocean and it was shaking pretty hard when I was trying to take photos. The battery was running out around 40% so I thought I will come down in elevation to around 40 metres and bring her back in. Well as you can guess I was headed back in to a very strong head wind. I had it in sport but good old spark was going nowhere. I remembered my jedi training and didn't panic, I brought the spark down to 30 metres and decideded to try get back to shore at a 45 degree angle and then bring her home. Well that did the trick, even though I managed to only get 14kms per hour coming back, the spark was in fine form and proved to me again how versatile a unit this drone is.

2017-9-21
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Excellent!  It is difficult to not panic, but flying while panicking will not help.  Best to take a moment and think through the problem.  Helps to practice scenarios ahead of time if possible.
2017-9-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good job, always best to plan mission going up wind.
2017-9-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Wow, good to change the plan according to the situation. But I won't encourage pilot to fly the drone when there is a strong wind. That's dangerous.
2017-9-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good job and good thinking also
2017-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now