My Spark capped at 16ft indoors!! Now what???
642 5 2017-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
exploringwithcf
lvl.1
United States

I was flying my spark in a huge theater and it refused to go above 16ft no matter what i did, strange since I flew it over 16ft high in another building 2 months ago!! How do/can I fix this issue so it doesn't ruin another great vid/photo op?? Grrrrrrrr
At this point I am about to put electrical tape over ALL the bottom snesors to see if I can fool it that way!!

To put it short, WTF and HELP please!
2017-9-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

When the GPS signal is weak and the vision system is working, it will be limited to 16 feet. Please refer to the manual. In your case, only when the vision system is inactivated (limitation will rise to 98 feet) or it has strong GPS signal will save your situation, but please note that you can't switch off the vision system manually, the drone will switch itself accordingly. Spark no GPS.png
2017-9-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

As Thor said, if you tape VPS your aircraft will not hold height and will be difficult to control
2017-9-21
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

Yes, it's behaving exactly as it was designed to do.
How very Grrrr.....
Must be frightfully frustrating for you but if course had you read and understood the manual you would have appreciated it's operational characteristics.
2017-9-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Please don't cover the sensors. You might end up with a Spark stuck in the roof.
You might try with the obstacle avoidance disabled, but I don't think that is the same as disabling Vision System. (which you can't as far as I am aware of).
2017-9-21
Use props
exploringwithcf
lvl.1
United States

It was hard to co tell and it would not switch to the other mode to enable 98ft height. This is a flight condition I have to be able to fly in often, if taping the sensor is the only way to overcome the restriction then so be it. Hard to control is better than useless and wasting my time, it should be able to be disengaged like on the Mavic. Appreciate the help if not the sarcasm.
Happy flying.
2017-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules