12Next >
1957 62 2017-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Altech
Second Officer
Flight distance : 808091 ft
Australia

Hi Guys, New to the Drone world, anyway starting with basic drone phantom 3 standard, second hand , extra battery and extender antennas fitted to standard controller.good deal  3 weeks old now and loving the 1080 Video that comes from camera  on board .  trouble is I 'm barely getting 180 meters distances from home point .  done a firm re install , all good there .   So here I.m needing answers .    cheers Alex   
2017-9-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Extender antennas?  Could be a bad install.  Also, you need to tell us which signal you're losing - control or FPV.  
2017-9-22
Use props
Altech
Second Officer
Australia

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-9-22 02:53
Extender antennas?  Could be a bad install.  Also, you need to tell us which signal you're losing - control or FPV.

Signal is dropping as it gets to around the 180 metres mark , just be4 that bars is 1 .  far as I know it's in GPS mode   regards Alex
2017-9-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Which signal?  Which icon is dropping bars?  What message do you get in the app?  
2017-9-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Was the drone triggered the RTH? Have you tried to fly it in different areas? If yes, how is it going? Besides, try to adjust the antennas during the flight.
2017-9-22
Use props
Altech
Second Officer
Australia

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-9-22 03:09
Which signal?  Which icon is dropping bars?  What message do you get in the app?

Lost signal on app
2017-9-22
Use props
Altech
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-22 03:31
Was the drone triggered the RTH? Have you tried to fly it in different areas? If yes, how is it going? Besides, try to adjust the antennas during the flight.

1/ No  2/ no not yet as I between 2 no fly zones . yes have move them, and tried other antenna
2017-9-22
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

Did you connect the drone to the RC and make sure it is synced? Sounds like you didn't complete the firmware install
2017-9-22
Use props
Altech
Second Officer
Australia

BagoDJIoperator Posted at 2017-9-22 04:31
Did you connect the drone to the RC and make sure it is synced? Sounds like you didn't complete the firmware install

Yes did a flight today , I can control the drone in my home base area , so it's talking to each other , firm ware text on SD card on drone said  complete
2017-9-22
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

You need to log out of and back into DJI after the latest firmware install. Cant believe no one mentioned this.  And you need to read the manual and keep it close.
2017-9-22
Use props
Altech
Second Officer
Australia

stuka75 Posted at 2017-9-22 05:30
You need to log out of and back into DJI after the latest firmware install. Cant believe no one mentioned this.  And you need to read the manual and keep it close.

Well I did close the app after I did firmware. I think that what you mean
2017-9-22
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

You may log off via app and log in back to DJI also via app.
What Go app do you use and what firm ware is on the system RC/AC?
2017-9-22
Use props
DroneSmeg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478461 ft
Taiwan

My immediate guess is something is getting between your controller signal and the drone. Are you launching from an area surrounded by buildings or high trees? Try to launch from a high point, like a hilltop or roof, or try to be in a clearing. Add a bit of altitude as you move down range. Also, make sure that the long part of the main antenna is pointed at the drone, not the end point.
2017-9-22
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
United States

Altech Posted at 2017-9-22 05:36
Well I did close the app after I did firmware. I think that what you mean

No. After latest firmware update, you must log out of DJI, not the app, and log in again to DJI via the app itself, to release the range limitations. Since this is a second hand p3, Im not clear if you need to make a DJI login of your own, or get the login info from previous owner. Maybe others here can clarify this for you.
2017-9-22
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

If you go to page 23, it refers to the optimal range for the remote. If that is not working, perhaps you are flying in an area with some interference. Consider as well flying in a different location: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ser+Manual+v1.4.pdf
2017-9-22
Use props
sSunSets
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

Hmmm... you never mentioned what your distance setting is in the GoApp. Maybe increasing your distance within the app will help.
2017-9-22
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
United States

Saw your repost on Airdata regarding same issue as here. You have one of two problems.
1. As mentioned above, you have to log into DJI servers prior to your first flight after updating the firmware to the latest version. You do this in the Go app under lower right hand corner "me" This will release the P3 range limitations. You may need to create a new username and password, or use the one the previous owner used. This releas
2. Be sure the distance limit slider in the MC settings of the Go app is turned off, or that Beginner mode is not turned on.
Good luck.
2017-9-22
Use props
Altech
Second Officer
Australia

DroneSmeg Posted at 2017-9-22 06:31
My immediate guess is something is getting between your controller signal and the drone. Are you launching from an area surrounded by buildings or high trees? Try to launch from a high point, like a hilltop or roof, or try to be in a clearing. Add a bit of altitude as you move down range. Also, make sure that the long part of the main antenna is pointed at the drone, not the end point.

Hi, afternoon in Melbourne, Australia .  No Buildings at all , just beach front as show in my YouTube Vid  =

its shows what it doing and  like it's in beginners mode , it will not go higher that 32 meters above my head  then RTH comes on   
2017-9-22
Use props
Altech
Second Officer
Australia

stuka75 Posted at 2017-9-22 07:47
No. After latest firmware update, you must log out of DJI, not the app, and log in again to DJI via the app itself, to release the range limitations. Since this is a second hand p3, Im not clear if you need to make a DJI login of your own, or get the login info from previous owner. Maybe others here can clarify this for you.

No , newbie here , didn't know about the login off and log on bit . thanks  following up with first owner about his log in details for this drone and hope his new Mavic drone details are not linked to each other.

good advise cheers Alex
2017-9-22
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Altech Posted at 2017-9-22 19:17
Hi, afternoon in Melbourne, Australia .  No Buildings at all , just beach front as show in my YouTube Vid  =
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_T2W4ysdG4&t=7s   

Straight overhead is the worst place for signal.  Especially with your antenna range extender.  Those are quite directional, and you  need to point them more or less at the aircraft.  If using the stock antenna, the wave pattern is similar to the shape  of a doughnut.  It has a hole overhead.  That's not a great analogy, but  you get the idea.  Try flying out a ways, keeping the flat panel range extender antenna pointed at the aircraft.  Gain altitude gradually.  Be aware: the P3S will not perform as well as other models, like the P3a, P3p or the P4 series.  It uses only wifi, no lightbridge.
2017-9-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Until you get it working to your satisfaction, and get to know how it flys, I would not be flying out over water.
2017-9-22
Use props
Altech
Second Officer
Australia

stuka75 Posted at 2017-9-22 19:03
Saw your repost on Airdata regarding same issue as here. You have one of two problems.
1. As mentioned above, you have to log into DJI servers prior to your first flight after updating the firmware to the latest version. You do this in the Go app under lower right hand corner "me" This will release the P3 range limitations. You may need to create a new username and password, or use the one the previous owner used. This releas
2. Be sure the distance limit slider in the MC settings of the Go app is turned off, or that Beginner mode is not turned on.

Hi , I think i'm doing it right so far, 1/ new account, which is the one ( Altech)  2/  with the 'Me" button on App , do you have to log to your control and drone on at same time as you push the " Me" button .  the only thing if so , the Samsung tab2 devise only lets you logon the one wifi at a time ,not both . I do you data sim card in Tab 2 , but poor reception ,  3/  you checked distance limiter and beginners mode ,all off

cheers Alex
2017-9-22
Use props
Altech
Second Officer
Australia

Kneepuck Posted at 2017-9-22 19:41
Straight overhead is the worst place for signal.  Especially with your antenna range extender.  Those are quite directional, and you  need to point them more or less at the aircraft.  If using the stock antenna, the wave pattern is similar to the shape  of a doughnut.  It has a hole overhead.  That's not a great analogy, but  you get the idea.  Try flying out a ways, keeping the flat panel range extender antenna pointed at the aircraft.  Gain altitude gradually.  Be aware: the P3S will not perform as well as other models, like the P3a, P3p or the P4 series.  It uses only wifi, no lightbridge.

Hi, there are alot of YouTube Vids out , showing How to use you extenders antennas on the standard   controller ,  even try other antenna 9 dbi  14 inch long.  and tried that yesterday and try the "Litchi" app too.  still doing the same .  it might be something with the log out then log in part  maybe

cheers Alex from downunder
2017-9-22
Use props
DroneSmeg
lvl.4
Taiwan

Altech Posted at 2017-9-22 19:17
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_T2W4ysdG4&t=7s   

I can only offer one other possibility, now that I see Argtek installed: when you installed it, did you make sure that a) you removed all of the glue from around the connection points in the controller when you removed the stock antenna? b) the argtek connectors clicked into place and would stay in place on their own without glue? c) that you sealed the connectors in place with a glue gun?

This is the only other thing I can suggest. Hopefully, you can successfully troubleshoot the issue and get on to trouble-free flying. Good luck.
2017-9-23
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
United States

Alex. it is clearly stated by DJI, that the latest firmwware update requires the owner to log out, and log back in again, or distance will be limited until this is done once. Opening and closing  the app is not logging in to DJI. When you open the app and go to the lower right of the screen/click me/then the gear on the upper right of the screen and you will see the log in and out info at the bottom of the screen. This is done while connected to you home wifi, not the phantom.
It is possible, this issue could be related to other problems. Try contacting the previous owner if all else fails. In addition, as stated above, for gods sake dont fly over water until you have plenty of air time, and confidence in your aircraft.
2017-9-23
Use props
SjCutting
lvl.3
United States

Until I saw that it happens with Litchi too, I thought you may be in beginner mode which will not let you fly very far. Good luck figuring it all out.
2017-9-23
Use props
sSunSets
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

Hmmm... Wonder if you have a another, maybe home wifi interferring with your mobile device connections. Another snag I had was a low altitude setting in the GoApp. I extended the altitude and she goes to 400" before I get the warning. of exceding FAA guidlines. Just a thought that may help.
2017-9-23
Use props
SimonDobbins
lvl.2
Flight distance : 204610 ft
United Kingdom

To be honest 180m on wifi only drone is about normal.  Ive been there.. you soon upgrade to Lightbridge.
2017-9-23
Use props
Altech
Second Officer
Australia

Thanks for info so far  , I did open up the controller to check the wires for antennas , did find the 5.8 was not on the connection point right, this could be the problem maybe , let you know after next flight cheers Alex
2017-9-23
Use props
Altech
Second Officer
Australia

Altech Posted at 2017-9-23 19:53
Thanks for info so far  , I did open up the controller to check the wires for antennas , did find the 5.8 was not on the connection point right, this could be the problem maybe , let you know after next flight cheers Alex

Hi Guys, did some flights over the past days and getting only some changes , e.g  53 M altitude / 20 M more than be4.  340 M distance  .  i think it should be doing better.
Something new came up on Go app yesterday , " New Firm update " . So I did this today and 3 mins into the upgrade  it finished .  checked firm message on sd card saying all good .   tried drone there after update , no difference in height .  need more advise  regards Alex
2017-9-27
Use props
DroneSmeg
lvl.4
Taiwan

So did you re-do the Argtek install?
2017-9-27
Use props
Altech
Second Officer
Australia

DroneSmeg Posted at 2017-9-27 21:18
So did you re-do the Argtek install?

No I checked the wires connected to main broad in side controoler
2017-9-27
Use props
Altech
Second Officer
Australia

here is a summary of my flight log for the 26th
flight log 26-9-2017.png
2017-9-28
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

i get about 1100 meters only with stock antenna and litchi app so thats good enough for me i use firmware 1.7.9 and will not upgrade as long as i get that range
2017-9-28
Use props
DroneSmeg
lvl.4
Taiwan

Altech Posted at 2017-9-27 23:43
No I checked the wires connected to main broad in side controoler

If I were you, I would re-do the installation. I can't say for certain that the installation wasn't done right, but it sure seems like a possibility. You're getting far short of even a stock antenna should. Anyway, hope you find the problem and fix it soon.
2017-9-28
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Altech Posted at 2017-9-22 19:37
No , newbie here , didn't know about the login off and log on bit . thanks  following up with first owner about his log in details for this drone and hope his new Mavic drone details are not linked to each other.

good advise cheers Alex

Guess you know already but you can ignore all the suggestions regarding Beginner mode, login to app and user set limits. None of those would result in lost signal and RTH, just a message informing that you have reached the limit and go no further.

Happy distance hunting. ;-)
2017-9-28
Use props
droneLIVEaction
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75443 ft
Australia

In Australia man,. That's your problem,.  USA get full range, everyone else seems to get these limits,. I've tried everything (except range extenders) to get it to get past 150m distance and 50m high before it rth,. (originally got about 90m out and 30m before cut out,. Tried in the middle of no where as well,.  If anyone (not people inside the USA) have fixed it let post up,.  DJI want me to send it back now, (only a month old)
2017-9-28
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

i have used the phone app  icarus to change the power signal both on ac and rc to 27.normal in eu countrys its set to 20.its very easy to use
2017-9-28
Use props
Altech
Second Officer
Australia

Rene Jensen Posted at 2017-9-28 02:43
i have used the phone app  icarus to change the power signal both on ac and rc to 27.normal in eu countrys its set to 20.its very easy to use

Hi Rene, tried that third party software today, well did do much . starting to think must be antenna connections now , so going to start again with and install gain cheers Alex
2017-9-28
Use props
Sebb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 498199 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Rene Jensen Posted at 2017-9-28 00:16
i get about 1100 meters only with stock antenna and litchi app so thats good enough for me i use firmware 1.7.9 and will not upgrade as long as i get that range

same here.. still on super old FW.. .thats about the range I get, which is about half of my Mavic and even P3pro. But i wlil not update anything with all the horror stories floating around, because otherwise it performs just fine.

also I cannot toggle frequencies - it 's been stuck at 5.8GHz. i have given up trying to understand why.

2017-9-29
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules