A3 Critical error
1580 10 2017-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andy Post
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1842283 ft
United States

we have 3A3 controllers.  One with light bridge, one with Funabashi and a spare.  All have this issue.  We boot, let the vehicle go through the all colors diagnostic, and give it time to find enough satellites and give us the "all ready" fast green led flash.  More and more often the led will, within 10-30seconds turn solid red....a critical error warning.   And it won't arm at that point.  If left alone, it will sometimes sit there and just cycle from solid red to normal, over and over.  

It will sometimes go solid red just after takeoff n we get t down quickly.  Now we boot over and over and wait until we're confident it's not going to go into error.

Have tried recalibrating I'm....no joy.  

Any ideas?
2017-9-24
Use props
WiSi-Testpilot
lvl.3

Germany

Please make a few pictures which show the position of the GPS/compass puck, batteries and FC.
Maybe you have magnetic interferences.
Best regards,
Wilhelm
2017-9-24
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

WiSi-Testpilot Posted at 2017-9-24 09:08
Please make a few pictures which show the position of the GPS/compass puck, batteries and FC.
Maybe you have magnetic interferences.
Best regards,

Can you post a screen shot on what you are seeing? We appreciate your time.
2017-9-25
Use props
Andy Post
lvl.2
United States

DANG!  I'm back in Texas and set up to shoot a video of the issue...and now can't reproduce it.  When I was on location, I was getting this over and over and over with each of my vehicles.  There are only two things that have changed.  
1) location:  I'm back in Texas from Crested Butte Colorado.  If location is the issue, then could there have been high metal concentrations in the mountains (old silver mining area?)
2) Payload:  Testing here I have it on my weighted Dummy Base, not my gimbal that has the Connex Video transmitter, a Wi-Fi for the RED camera, and of course the receiver for gimbal operation.  I'll try setting up the entire system again to see if it is indeed radio interference.  DANG!
Interference.jpg
Top-Mount.jpg
2017-9-26
Use props
Andy Post
lvl.2
United States

the way it's rigged right now, I have the Connex downlink at 5.1>5.8GHz and Three 2.4GHz systems, the futaba for flight control, a Spektrum for Gimbal control and a wiFi for Camera control.   I'm headed out into the lingering texas heat to try turning on one extra system at a time to see if one pushes it over the edge.  
2017-9-26
Use props
WiSi-Testpilot
lvl.3

Germany

Thank (Danke) you for the pictures.
I am very impressed with your rigg. The GPS/compass puck is far enough away from the electronics.

However two 2.4 GHz receiver on board may be a problem especially at great distances. If so you have the possibility to transfer the gimbal control with a trainer cable via Connex. But I think you know that.
Best regards
Wilhelm
2017-9-26
Use props
Andy Post
lvl.2
United States

Did a test with just the vehicle, then added the gimbal, then camera and WiFi connection.  I did get the Critical error solid red for a few seconds after about three minutes of all systems on.  Last week it was much much worse.  Would love thoughts on solutions.  Anyone else have this problem that they solved?
2017-9-26
Use props
Andy Post
lvl.2
United States

WiSi-Testpilot Posted at 2017-9-26 13:15
Thank (Danke) you for the pictures.
I am very impressed with your rigg. The GPS/compass puck is far enough away from the electronics.

You give me too much credit.   Did not know that.  If I understand correctly, it would still be a two operator system but the gimbal op would control the gimbal via the conned???
2017-9-26
Use props
WiSi-Testpilot
lvl.3

Germany

Yes, you can transfer the PWM signals of one transmitter via the uplink of Connex, see manual pages 5, 26, 44 or search for “gimbal”.

http://connex.amimon.com/sites/c ... %20Compression2.pdf

Best regards,
Wilhelm
2017-9-26
Use props
Wayfarer-59
lvl.2

Austria

Remove what you have fixed on the Connex and place the A3 antennas as far as possible from the transmitter antennas. Connect all wires with the potential ("-") from the power batteries by one common wire of the mark 12 AWG. The transmitter and antennas of the WI-FI signal should be placed as far as possible from the receiver A3.Try applying a spark-out resistor to connect the batteries. Connect your equipment gradually, especially Connex. I wish you success!
2017-10-1
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Andy Post Posted at 2017-9-26 11:13
DANG!  I'm back in Texas and set up to shoot a video of the issue...and now can't reproduce it.  When I was on location, I was getting this over and over and over with each of my vehicles.  There are only two things that have changed.  
1) location:  I'm back in Texas from Crested Butte Colorado.  If location is the issue, then could there have been high metal concentrations in the mountains (old silver mining area?)
2) Payload:  Testing here I have it on my weighted Dummy Base, not my gimbal that has the Connex Video transmitter, a Wi-Fi for the RED camera, and of course the receiver for gimbal operation.  I'll try setting up the entire system again to see if it is indeed radio interference.  DANG!

Pretty impressive set up. In a sense, not being able to replicate the issue may be a good sign if you are not getting a warning signal at home. Can you rehook up the A 3 to the Assistant Software to see if you need anything updated or calibrated? Could it be the area that you were flying in? How was it a critical warning?
2017-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules