Having an awful time with Dji Support
735 8 2017-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cassettespark
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8983 ft
United Kingdom

Here's the latest email I have sentto Dji, 3 times in the last 3 weeks and still no response. I'm hoping someone may be able to help.

"Subject: Re: Please reply! DJI Quotation Notice CAS-822305-P0B6H1 CRM:0001000918520

Thank you for replying to this email. I'm not sure you have all the information, so I'm hoping you can reconsider.

I purchased Spark #1 with the express purpose of documenting my travels as I was leaving London to move back to Australia. I am now travelling and have no fixed address.

When Spark #1 malfunctioned I sent it in for repairs and hoped it would be returned before I left London.

When it became clear that it would not be returned to me in time I purchased Spark #2 from your website at my own expense so that I would still be able to do what I had bought Spark #1 for.

When I was informed that the repair of Spark #1 would be provided at no cost I immediately (within 15 minutes) emailed back requesting a refund, saying I am no longer in London and please do not send it there, but it was sent there anyway.

I have sent multiple emails with no response until now, and have made a number of phone calls to DJI Support. Not one team member was able to provide any helpful information, advice or service.

If Spark #1 had not malfunctioned I would not have had to purchase Spark #2 in order to fulfil the original purpose.

I would like you to keep Spark #1 and have the cost of it's replacement, Spark #2 refunded.

From the start of the incident I have been emailing and calling to resolve this issue and have had no response until now. I believe it is unfair that your faulty product and poor customer service has cost me time and money.

If your team had got back to me sooner I may have been able to arrange a delivery address in Europe, but it is now too late (I advised you that there would be a problem with delivery on August 9th, 4 weeks ago) and you are expecting me to bear the cost.

Please let me know what can be done, as soon as possible."

Thanks in advance,
Annette
2017-9-27
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oh man, good luck with that one.  The whole thing is far more complicated then DJI would ever be able to figure out.  Do you have both quads currently?  If so, any reason you want to keep the second as opposed to the original which I assume by your post was returned to you?  
2017-9-27
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am not sure you will achieve your perfect outcome (which seems to be that you keep your new spark, get a full refund, and they keep the prior spark).  I have sympathy for your situation where you had a loss of spark preceding a vacation, and you had strong desires and use for the spark specifically for the vacation.

But to be perfectly (and coldly) analytical and honest here, I'm not seeing any failures from DJI other than the lack of communication.  They are fixing and returning your original spark as they agreed to and should.  You chose to buy a new spark as is your right.  You tried to arrange an outcome through email communications that they did not respond to.  I presume you chose to use your new spark (as is your right), even though you had not pre-arranged an outcome with DJI.  They are either unresponsive or unwilling to act towards the specific outcome you desire.

It would be very commendable for DJI to resolve your case with the specific result you desire, but I don't see that they should be compelled to do so.  That being said, I do hope you get your desired results.
2017-9-27
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-9-27 10:07
I am not sure you will achieve your perfect outcome (which seems to be that you keep your new spark, get a full refund, and they keep the prior spark).  I have sympathy for your situation where you had a loss of spark preceding a vacation, and you had strong desires and use for the spark specifically for the vacation.

But to be perfectly (and coldly) analytical and honest here, I'm not seeing any failures from DJI other than the lack of communication.  They are fixing and returning your original spark as they agreed to and should.  You chose to buy a new spark as is your right.  You tried to arrange an outcome through email communications that they did not respond to.  I presume you chose to use your new spark (as is your right), even though you had not pre-arranged an outcome with DJI.  They are either unresponsive or unwilling to act towards the specific outcome you desire.

I completely agree.

DJI did as promised minus the lack of communication.  It was your choice to purchase a second spark.  I hope you are able to have the second spark sent to you where ever you are.  I'm sure you could find someone to buy it to offset so of the cost of buying the second one.

Good Luck to you.
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are really sorry to read about your unfortunate experience, your request will be forwarded to our customer support supervisor for consideration and negotiation, then a proper resolution will be provided to you. We will have someone to contact you later. Your patience will be appreciated.
As for the lack of communication, you have our sincere apologies for that, we will report to our management department to pay attention and improve our customer service to make your experience with us better in the future.
2017-9-27
Use props
Cassettespark
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8983 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks everyone, I received an email from someone at Dji asking me to explain the situation again for it to be addressed. I understand that the outcome may not be as I wish, but I really just want someone to give me an adequate and timely response! I'll post back when it's resolved.
2017-9-29
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cassettespark Posted at 2017-9-29 06:28
Thanks everyone, I received an email from someone at Dji asking me to explain the situation again for it to be addressed. I understand that the outcome may not be as I wish, but I really just want someone to give me an adequate and timely response! I'll post back when it's resolved.

Cassetespark,

Allow me to compliment and commend you on your "forum attitude".  Many individuals with complaints come to the forum for validation, and become hostile when they don't hear exactly what they want to hear or get the support that they are expecting.

You are open minded, receptive, and I find that refreshing.  I look forward to more forum conversations with you.
2017-9-29
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

I can only join Charles with this compliment! You make a very positive difference in tone and attitude and after DJI Mindy's equally positive intervention I am optistic now that the outcome of your case will be satisfactory.
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Appreciate your kindness, hope the problem will get sorted out soon. Please forgive us if the communication is delayed because of weekend, thank you.
2017-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules