Flying BVR in ATTI Mode????
885 8 2017-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bozora
lvl.3
Flight distance : 142234 ft
Singapore

I guess flying ATTI Mode is still OK when u have the craft in your line of sight (LOS).

But what happens if Spark suddenly switch over to ATTI Mode when you fly Beyond Visual Range (BVR)? Meaning Craft is no longer within your line of sight.
With no GPS and no  compass in ATTI mode and arm only with the camera visual!!!

What then is the best way to bring back you craft?

Any advise?
2017-9-28
Use props
mtnlandpix
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

The best advice is to stay within LOS.
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Bozora, if you fly in a place with good GPS signal, there will be less chance to have this situation. And I agreed with mtnlandpix, if your drone enter ATTI mode, staying within LOS.
2017-9-28
Use props
Bozora
lvl.3
Singapore

Thanks folks I don't disagree.

I see so many people having fly away issues

Isnt it time that we be less bold, keep the craft  always in sight and thus fewer fly away.

My take here is most people in this forum flew beyond visual range.
2017-9-28
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Let go of the sticks.
Put your hands together.
Pray.
2017-9-28
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

If the drone is outside and suddenly switch to "ATTI" there might a problem with the GPS so you should be careful in this case not to force it back to a position mode with GPS. This means never use RTH which needs GPS. At once return the drone back by the sticks only depending on the camera and the map to find your way back.

My conclusion is most fly away cases are because of GPS data process conflict.  
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Bozora Posted at 2017-9-28 20:34
Thanks folks I don't disagree.

I see so many people having fly away issues

Sir, in ATTI mode, you still control the drone which requires high skills. I believe the best solution is changing to the open outdoor place without interference and keep the drone in line of sight.
2017-9-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It depends where you are flying , if in VLOS your AC is in Atti mode first thing to do if you can is try to land safely if you can’t fly AC towards home or nearest safe landing area.

If BVLOS you could try to increase altitude to see if you can regain gps, if not turn Camera down to see if you can find safe landing area or a land mark which will help you guide AC to home or nearest safe landing area.
The first thing should always be whether VLOS or BVLOS to try to land AC safely.
2017-9-30
Use props
Bozora
lvl.3
Singapore

I agree with hallmark007

flying higher to increase altitude to regain GPS or at least compass reading is my priority to navigate back home.

this way I either turn on RTH to controller or RTH

It would be brilliant if DJI can implement Home Lock or course lock for easy fly back to homeport
2017-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules