Phantom 4 RC not indicating connection with phones or tablets?
856 14 2017-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kenny1232
lvl.1
United States

Hello, I  have a phantom 4 and I am having a problem connecting my phone or any device to my RC. I've searched everywhere for a solution but there are no known causes. The problem is that ANY sort of apple device does not detect the device (it would usually show that it is charging when it is connected) but it doesn't show any indication. Secondly, I would use any sort of android device, and it would show indication of charging BUT the DJI app does not see it at all. It's like a ghost. I feel like I should open this thing up and hard reset the RC but I mean idk if that would even help
2017-9-30
Use props
kenny1232
lvl.1
United States

But the Drone itself connects to my phone
2017-9-30
Use props
kenny1232
lvl.1
United States

Also the drone connects to the phone but does not connect to the dji app.
2017-9-30
Use props
kenny1232
lvl.1
United States

ive tried it on an s8, s7,s6 and a samsung tablet,
2017-9-30
Use props
kenny1232
lvl.1
United States

as well as an iphone 7, 7+, 6, 6+
2017-9-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

You might want to pick just one, and relink them together.

Not sure why you are checking with every available device in the house...?

RedHotPoker
2017-9-30
Use props
kenny1232
lvl.1
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-30 09:59
You might want to pick just one, and relink them together.

Not sure why you are checking with every available device in the house...?

Because It should be compatible with every device shouldn't it? It's just some troubleshooting steps I took to see if anything even works. Nothing works at all so why should I just stick to one device?
2017-9-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

kenny1232 Posted at 2017-9-30 10:04
Because It should be compatible with every device shouldn't it? It's just some troubleshooting steps I took to see if anything even works. Nothing works at all so why should I just stick to one device?

There is a list of known devices that do work.
Have you checked that list for a device that has been a proven winner?

RedHotPoker
2017-9-30
Use props
kenny1232
lvl.1
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-30 10:06
There is a list of known devices that do work.
Have you checked that list for a device that has been a proven winner?

Yes, I've owned multiple phantom 4's and they all work with my devices, the closest I've gotten to even a hint of anything working is a charging indicator from when I connect my apple devices straight to the drone, and any android device that is connected to the RC shows charge. Nothing connects to the app especially apple products, which is ironic because DJI sells their product at all of the Apple stores. There are absolutely no known causes for this problem, I've been up all night trying to find even the slightest relation. but nothing.
2017-9-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

kenny1232 Posted at 2017-9-30 10:11
Yes, I've owned multiple phantom 4's and they all work with my devices, the closest I've gotten to even a hint of anything working is a charging indicator from when I connect my apple devices straight to the drone, and any android device that is connected to the RC shows charge. Nothing connects to the app especially apple products, which is ironic because DJI sells their product at all of the Apple stores. There are absolutely no known causes for this problem, I've been up all night trying to find even the slightest relation. but nothing.

Send that bad boy in, for proper DJI diagnosis...  ;-)

Not sure what else to recommend or suggest...

RedHotPoker
2017-9-30
Use props
kenny1232
lvl.1
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-30 10:17
Send that bad boy in, for proper DJI diagnosis...  ;-)

Yeah, I was going to. I just wanted to post this because maybe someone had some sort of solution. thanks though!
2017-9-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

kenny1232 Posted at 2017-9-30 10:20
Yeah, I was going to. I just wanted to post this because maybe someone had some sort of solution. thanks though!

You can beat a dead horse, but it still won't drink the kool-aid... Ha

RedHotPoker
2017-9-30
Use props
kenny1232
lvl.1
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-30 10:23
You can beat a dead horse, but it still won't drink the kool-aid... Ha

uhh lol nice
2017-9-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Try the strawberry... Hahaha

Yeah, anyway, you have a solid solution, should you choose to accept the challenge... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-9-30
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

My iPad will not connect on the first try.  Just says "Disconnected."  I unplug it and replug it in and then it connects.  Don't know why.  Might be their wacky "Charge up the ipad from the RC" and then the second plugging in connects to the USB data stream.

The list DJI shows is very old and many ipad mini's no longer work, and many Androids too.  My ipad Air 2 is getting long on the tooth now as they keep making GO 4 too big for the devices to handle.  Needs more horsepower (iPad Pro 8.7 A10X perhaps.) - or soon will.

2017-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules