12Next >
4522 48 2015-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pr07het
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have a PV2+Vision.

Have been using it well since October. Decided to buy some new batteries, and the packaging warned that I would need to run an update on my "bird" before using.

So updated my RC and Bird, etc

But since then I have no camera view. (See Image)

This image was taken indoors, when out doors the only difference I get is that I see 5/6 satellites.

Steps taken so far.

Changed batteries in RC
Changed battery in bird
Deleted and re installed DJI App on iPhone and iPad Mini

Just cant figure it out all I get is an "egg timer"....

Have tried the app with a friends bird and all works fine, it just seems mine is not "streaming" anymore, always did without issue before.

Thanks for reading.

2015-4-6
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

You did the RC and the bird, how about the Extender?
2015-4-6
Use props
pr07het
lvl.1

United Kingdom

No, bugger did not even realise... Off to do a down load then!
2015-4-6
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

PR,

I think you need to do the FC200 camera update as well. (Phantom 2 Vision+ FC200 Firmware v1.3.0g)

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus/download

Jerry
2015-4-6
Use props
pr07het
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I'm excited and hopeful this could be the cause but what do I need to update with  / to ?
2015-4-6
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

Make sure you follow the instructions very carefully.

Jerry
2015-4-6
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

Look through the download page on the link I posted and download the zip file named:

Phantom 2 Vision+ FC200 Firmware v1.3.0g

Jerry
2015-4-6
Use props
pr07het
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks Jerry, I think we posted at the same time! I have the .bin file now and just sorting.

Thanks again.
2015-4-6
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

Good luck!

Jerry
2015-4-6
Use props
pr07het
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Does this mean the large LEDS on the rota arms? (which are flashing yellow and have been for some time)

"4. Turn on the Phantom. The firmware update will begin automatically. A quick yellow flashing LED on the camera indicates that the camera is updating."

or the little single light on the base of the right of the battery? (Which has been red since turning on, I have never noticed this led before.)
2015-4-6
Use props
pr07het
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Sorry all I hope I'm not being dim...

Looks like the update went okay, I realised there is a little led on the front of the camera and this acted as it should, the file in the SD card was renamed to firmware_plus.bin.bak00 indicating all is good.

However I still have the same issue, no camera view, just an "egg timer"

Please help
2015-4-6
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

pr07het@gmail.c Posted at 2015-4-7 07:33
Sorry all I hope I'm not being dim...

Looks like the update went okay, I realised there is a little ...

Pretty sure there is a renaming convention for that file, checking it out but back shortly!
Try...
firmware_plus.bin

Take all that other crap out of the file name
2015-4-6
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

Pr,

It sounds like it updated. The little led for the camera should be green. Did you reboot everything?
Turn everything off, then turn on the Wifi Extender, then the Transmitter, then the bird
Connect to the phantom wifi with your phone and take a look

Jerry
2015-4-6
Use props
pr07het
lvl.1

United Kingdom

When opening the SD Card on the PC it does seem to be taking pictures and recording video.
2015-4-6
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

You're way ahead of me now. Did you read my last post? Did you follow my directions? Did you look at the LED on the camera and is it red or green?
2015-4-6
Use props
pr07het
lvl.1

United Kingdom

The camera LED is now Green.
2015-4-6
Use props
pr07het
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-4-7 07:41
Pretty sure there is a renaming convention for that file, checking it out but back shortly!
Try...

Yep did all that pre update, the file renamed itself after update. Thanks
2015-4-6
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

Any pic on the phone now?
2015-4-6
Use props
pr07het
lvl.1

United Kingdom

No (but indoors for the first time getting seven satellites!) Really don't know what to do.

Thinking of running the updates again on the RC and Phantom and Camera to see if there is a "reboot" do you know if there is a particular order I should update in?

Really grateful for your help.
2015-4-6
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

I wouldn't move to a reinstall just yet. is the green light lit? Does the gimbal tilt when you use the gimbal thumbwheel? If those things work, try taking a picture and/or video. Then remove the SD card and put it in your computer to see if the pics or video is there. You can probably just hook to the camera using the micro USB port but I don't ever do it that way so I can't tell you how to do it.
2015-4-6
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

You can also check all of the camera cable connections. There are two connections just above the little LED light and another on the left side of that same platform (looking at the front of the bird, looking at the camera). Take a tweezers or a small screwdriver and make sure those connectors are fully seated. Be careful to not damage the cables themselves. Do the same for the flat black ribbon cable that goes into the camera body, left side again (looking at the front of the bird). Follow along the ribbon cable and make sure it isn't damaged. Just a few more things to eliminate.
2015-4-6
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

If you want to see or copy the photos or videos directly from your Phantom camera, this is how to do it.
1. go to your start menu and click on "computer or my computer"   There you will see all the storage devices connected to your computer
2. connect the usb to your camera connection slot and to the computer.
3. turn on the Phantom and watch the page, you will see the connection show up.  It will probable say" removable disk"  That is your camera usb card.
4.  Click on the drive and folders in that drive, if there is photos or videos there, you will see them,
5, you can click on them and highlight them and drag to a folder at the left of your choice.
2015-4-6
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-4-7 09:49
If you want to see or copy the photos or videos directly from your Phantom camera, this is how to do ...

Gerry,

Do you think I've got him going in the right direction? any other thoughts from your end?

Jerry
2015-4-6
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

jtrjr@yahoo.com Posted at 2015-4-7 09:54
Gerry,

Do you think I've got him going in the right direction? any other thoughts from your end?

You're right on.
2015-4-6
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

Thanks. Last thing I want to do is send someone barking up the wrong tree.

Jerry
2015-4-6
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

pr07het@gmail.c Posted at 2015-4-7 08:18
No  (but indoors for the first time getting seven satellites!) Really don't know what to do.

Thin ...

Do your updates again, but this time, click on the blue line at the right of the page for each unit.  Even though it might say " no update" there might be one there.
2015-4-6
Use props
pr07het
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks Guys.

I will give the above a go. I'm in the UK so I think we have a time difference! I will let you know.

Frankie
2015-4-7
Use props
zeeshanbutt82
New
Flight distance : 2142 ft
Yemen

The Vision app not showing camera image on my phone (using Android version 4.2.2) and camera controls work properly but it is not sending any telemetry information (distance, altitude, speed). It show battery 0%, no satellites and no SD card in top right corner of screen. When I put the camera on roll it says "NO SDCARD".

can anybody help me ?
2015-4-7
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

Zee,

Make sure your SD card is good. Check it in your computer and make sure you can read/write to it. Every once in a while I will get the no SD card message. If I remove the card and reinsert it the error goes away. Regarding no picture on your phone, you can try the different things that we've already posted within this thread.

Jerry
2015-4-7
Use props
pr07het
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Still no luck, I the only thing I have not done as suggested by NRGWISE is to update the extender, but is this actually a thing to do?
If I plug it in to the PC it just starts charging and I can't see anything else... am I being "kidded"?

Just about ready to give up on this and buy a P3!
2015-4-8
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

or,
Rereading your initial post you indicated you bought new batteries! For what exactly?
Presuming you have the P2V+ V3.0? If so, the RC does not have a user replaceable battery per se, it and the Wifi extender are rechargeable via the respective ports in each...therefore, only battery I can think of is the Phantom battery!?!
I am thinking the initial update referred to that you needed was for the new Phantom battery if I am interpreting correctly...as there is an update for that, or should be...
Can you flash us a screen shot of your software as found in the link below...in slides 5 & 7..
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=9937
2015-4-8
Use props
pr07het
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Yes new Phantom Batteries.

Okay I will as soon as I am home today - thanks.
2015-4-8
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

When you turn on the wifi extender and then your phone are you getting the Phantom SID in you phone wifi connection made?
2015-4-9
Use props
pr07het
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Yes Roy, all other functions, camera tilt etc are working.
2015-4-9
Use props
pr07het
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Here is slide 5 and 7 as requested.

2015-4-9
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

Is this eerily similar to this thread......

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... ra=page%3D1&lang=en

Post from thread: Hi

there is an issue with the wifi box going bad, I think as there is a signifigant number of them failing that DJI would like to keep quiet about,  it causes loss of video feed yet maintains telemetry etc, the option is to buy a new box and install it, its an easy job to do just requires some patience.

See this thread http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=20006
2015-4-10
Use props
pr07het
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I'm not going to fiddle it's only six months old. I'll try rebinding the camera as per the other thread, thanks for posting. I'll let you know.
2015-4-10
Use props
pr07het
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Can anybody point me to a step by step to rebind the camera?
2015-4-11
Use props
oilswoodhome
lvl.2

United States

pr07het@gmail.c Posted at 2015-4-11 19:03
Can anybody point me to a step by step to rebind the camera?

Search  "rebind" on
Simon Newton's channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Nomisnotwen
and
Jack DJI Phantom
http://www.youtube.com/user/jackdjiphantom
They have done videos on rebinding that should be helpful.
2015-4-11
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

Any luck with the rebind?
2015-4-12
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now