A Mavics view. RC Helicopter.
1042 11 2017-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JimmyC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65814 ft
United States

My son took this video of me flying my Helicopter.

2017-9-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That looks like a lot of fun.
Fun also to see the prop's from the chopper be almost in sync with the framerate.
2017-10-1
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is it always that Smokey?
2017-10-1
Use props
HomePoint
lvl.4
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

wow, I guess you will tell us that you are in full control of it, but I wouldn't like to be a passenger with you as pilot
2017-10-1
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

I cannot tell what's going on with that copter. It looks like it's struggling to stay up?
2017-10-1
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

HomePoint Posted at 2017-10-1 05:46
I guess you will tell us that you are in full control of it, but I wouldn't like to be a passenger with you as pilot

Yeah, I hope that helicopter comes equipped with barf bags!

When you go to a club like that with a non-FPV craft, there's really nothing to do but fly around in tight circles.  So I imagine you get very good at stunt flying for lack of anything else to do.  But there usually aren't even any obstacles to hit, so it's just limited to flips and loops and stuff.

Reminds me of having a train set as a kid:  How long can you sit there and watch it go around a little oval endlessly?  So after a while, you start to create derailments and fiery crashes just for entertainment.  I had to get out my little green army men just to have some bodies strewn on the tracks after a wreck.

Flying clubs sure ain't for me.  I fail to see the point.  The ones with obstacles for racers, well that I can sorta see being entertaining.
2017-10-1
Use props
Nazar78
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5106037 ft
Singapore

rolling56 Posted at 2017-10-1 06:36
I cannot tell what's going on with that copter. It looks like it's struggling to stay up?

It's called 3D flying. He's doing tic-tocs and piros. It takes a lot of skills (and gut) to fly like this.

@ JimmyC nice flying! Just an idea, make the Mavic fly fast around in an imaginary point of interest with the appropriate radius but as low as possible then dance your T700N in the middle. Bet it will look awesome.
2017-10-1
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Nazar78 Posted at 2017-10-1 08:15
It's called 3D flying. He's doing tic-tocs and piros. It takes a lot of skills (and gut) to fly like this.

@ JimmyC nice flying! Just an idea, make the Mavic fly fast around in an imaginary point of interest with the appropriate radius but as low as possible then dance your T700N in the middle. Bet it will look awesome.

3D flying? Looks like it was out of control the whole time rofl

ah well whatever people like is fine with me.
2017-10-1
Use props
HomePoint
lvl.4
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-10-1 07:07
Yeah, I hope that helicopter comes equipped with barf bags!

When you go to a club like that with a non-FPV craft, there's really nothing to do but fly around in tight circles.  So I imagine you get very good at stunt flying for lack of anything else to do.  But there usually aren't even any obstacles to hit, so it's just limited to flips and loops and stuff.

lol, I thought it was just me with the derailments and the toy soldiers.
2017-10-1
Use props
Nazar78
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5106037 ft
Singapore

rolling56 Posted at 2017-10-1 09:28
3D flying? Looks like it was out of control the whole time rofl

ah well whatever people like is fine with me.

Even from that far view I can see he had full precision control of the RC heli. Obviously you haven't flown a single rotor before? It's nothing like multi rotors and considered as ok if you could even hover one. Put that Mavic of yours in sports mode then try flying backwards in perfect figure 8s lol...
2017-10-1
Use props
JimmyC
lvl.4
United States

Well in short: I had full control. Always smokey. Just as boring as playing with a train set. Thanks Nazar78. My son just got his mavic so he wanted to film above me.
2017-10-1
Use props
JimmyC
lvl.4
United States

Here's a flight from last year. Video from the ground.

2017-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules