1479 13 2017-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pocke
lvl.1
France

Hi,

I just got a fresh new Mavic Pro

I have some trouble with my Gimbal... At start they make some *clik* several times...
After that, she can go in a totally crazy mode

Here is the videos :
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=x_hINjTWvzg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeQGGQfnZc4
To works fine at start, i need to hold the gimbal slowly to the bottom...

What can I do ?

Thanks

2017-10-1
Use props
pocke
lvl.1
France

Sorry, vidz are here :

2017-10-1
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Have you tried using DJI Assistant 2 on the pc or mac to refresh the firmware and restore factory settings ?
Check the AC switch that selects wi-fi or controller, make sure that is selected properly

Reformat the SD card using the DJI Go4 app and or replace the SD card

If none of this  works, then it's a warranty return

2017-10-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

pocke Posted at 2017-10-1 11:23
Sorry, vidz are here :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_hINjTWvzg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeQGGQfnZc4

You could try a gimbal calibration.  But that looks like you need to send this one back for repair.
2017-10-1
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Holy cow, never seen that one on the second video.......open a ticket.
2017-10-1
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

From the looks of that video, Mavic yelling for a repair assessment.
2017-10-1
Use props
Sime
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3055210 ft
Australia

Format the SD card? Really, where on earth did that idea come from.
2017-10-2
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

Sime Posted at 2017-10-2 01:30
Format the SD card? Really, where on earth did that idea come from.

It came from the land down under.  And I'm not talking about Australia.
2017-10-2
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

confirm that the gimbal is seated properly within the retention hooks?  i had my gimbal slip out when i had a big crash avoiding a kid once..  and it vibrated furiously and on calibration it hitting the ends like that i suspect you having same issue.....  i dont have any good pictures of what i mean but if you look on underside in the gimbal tray you may see them and one of the 3 legs maybe out of a retention hook.. from way yours slapping around im assuming rear retention hook slipped out
2017-10-2
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Get in touch with DJI Support for this one. They will most probably ask for vids of the issue, which is good as you have them already. Connect it to Assistant 2 in the first instance and see if anything needs updating etc. Support may ask if you have done this already. Be prepared to be without your Mavic though if you have to send it back. Did you purchase it from DJI or a retails store where you live ? If it's a store purchase, I would be tempted to just take it back, demo the issue to the store and ask for a replacement craft. Suprised that someone from DJI hasn't already jumped on this thread. You could look for DJI Thor or DJI Susan as they are both pretty good. Hope this helps.
2017-10-2
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2017-10-2 02:02
confirm that the gimbal is seated properly within the retention hooks?  i had my gimbal slip out when i had a big crash avoiding a kid once..  and it vibrated furiously and on calibration it hitting the ends like that i suspect you having same issue.....  i dont have any good pictures of what i mean but if you look on underside in the gimbal tray you may see them and one of the 3 legs maybe out of a retention hook.. from way yours slapping around im assuming rear retention hook slipped out

confirm that the gimbal is seated properly within the retention hooks?

I second this recommendation.  From the video, it appears that the gimbal is hanging free.  There is a DJI tutorial somewhere regarding re-seating the gimbal.
2017-10-2
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

unfortunately looks to me like u r going to have to send yr mavic in for repairs. even if yr base plate is improperly seated it will not cause the camera problem u have - although no harm in trying.
Next you could uninstall and reinstall the app - although i doubt this will work for yr problem either but again no harm in trying
Lastly you can try to recalibrate yr gimbal although again i doubt this will solve the problem u have but no harm in trying.
2017-10-2
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-10-2 12:32
unfortunately looks to me like u r going to have to send yr mavic in for repairs. even if yr base plate is improperly seated it will not cause the camera problem u have - although no harm in trying.
Next you could uninstall and reinstall the app - although i doubt this will work for yr problem either but again no harm in trying
Lastly you can try to recalibrate yr gimbal although again i doubt this will solve the problem u have but no harm in trying.

i reseated mine and it is fine.  so i dont know about that.  usually that sort of issue is caused by a rear retention hook slipping out causing it to slap around at the front top part and vibrate furiously.  mine happened after a crash, and i reseated it and haven't had any issues..

as for sending it in for repairs.. eff that, its brand new he or she said, so exchange it in store as defective out of the box instead of wasting your time with DJI.. best to just get another in store or get refund and go to a different store where not hiring gorillas to stock shelves..
2017-10-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thanks to the answers above, please try to refresh the firmware, and calibrate the gimbal. If it doesn't help, I would suggest sending it back and we will take care of it for you. Sorry for the inconvenience.
2017-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules