1540 8 2015-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dm.booth.hotmai
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Spoken with DJI Europe and after several emails they have asked me to RMA my Inspire back to Germany for repair, so far I must say that DJI Europe have been very helpfull in trying to help me resolve my landing gear issues, so this will be a good benchmark for anyone in Europe that also has problems. Will update this post when I hear back from them, lets see how long this takes

2015-4-7
Use props
mattks
lvl.2

South Africa

Mine has just been collected by DHL and is its way to Hong Kong. For the compass that would never calibrate. Hopefully I will get to fly my Inspire before June.
2015-4-7
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

I watched all 3 video's.
I think your optical sensors (underneath) are faulty. Nothing else.

After some tests i made i can conclude:
The raising of the booms into Travelmode will stop as soon as the gap between sensors and ground is +/- 2cm.
Put a small box or object under the sensor but on the ground and go into Travelmode.
You will see that the raising will stop as soon as the gap between the box and the sensor is +/-2cm.
That's why i suspect the opti-sensors to be the culprit.

And yes, now we all know that we can fool the optical sensors.
Good hack here to put the bird into ANY mode you like.

2015-4-7
Use props
dm.booth.hotmai
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dundee Posted at 2015-4-7 19:54
I watched all 3 video's.
I think your optical sensors (underneath) are faulty. Nothing else.

Dundee thanks for your post, yes I agree I also think it must be the sensor, one thing I did find strange, if I pick up the inspire or hold it off the floor as high as I can, when the landing gear switch is activated 4 times or more I can hear kind of a solid BUZZ maybe less then one second as if the motor is stuck?
2015-4-7
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just received email notification to say that my Inspire is on its way back to me with UPS, just over a week is great service from DJI Europe tech support team

Will give them a call tomorrow so I can find out what was replaced/repaired
2015-4-16
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ok so I spoke with technical support today and they have clarified the problems and what was fixed, hope this in someway helps others

Quote"Main Center Frame is the Main Part of the chassis, which is resonsible for lifting and lowering the landing gear.
The thread had several issues, that´s why it was replaced.
The technician performed the latest update from Wednesday, tesflown, everything ok."

So the issue was not the sensor as I thought, I must say I have been very impressed with the service I have received from DJI Technical support Europe
2015-4-17
Use props
jon
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I sent my camera/gimbal back to the Euro support dept on Apr 1st, was told by the useless and outrageously expensive Fedex Co that it wouldn't arrive at DJI Germany until 8th (because of bank hol), but so far, I have heard nothing.
Fortunately I have a spare camera, so not out of action.

Jon
2015-4-18
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jon@thefullers. Posted at 2015-4-18 18:21
I sent my camera/gimbal back to the Euro support dept on Apr 1st, was told by the useless and outrag ...

Has it now been returned Jon
2015-4-27
Use props
jon
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Exib Posted at 2015-4-27 21:42
Has it now been returned Jon

Yes, I did a new thread about the experience, seems we don't all agree on stuff lol.
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en
2015-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules