camara replacement
761 4 2015-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cfrankling
New

United States

Hello I have a Phantom 2 and want to replace the F40 stock camara with the 3 axis gymbal and camara of the 2 plus, Is there anything else needs replacement besides gymbal and camara...is this possible with the phamtom 2?

thanx
Carlos
2015-4-7
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

In short terms, No.

The 2 plus has a different main board I believe and the WIFI is built into a box that sits inside the quad, so you would need to change the board add a camera and gimbal and then install a WIFI unit, all in all the cost involved would be about the same as just buying a 2 plus model second hand. Although I wouldn't recommend that.

If its a Phantom vision you have then there are a couple of decent gimbals for the camera from rotorpixel and Taco RC for around £250 or so, thats a better bet
2015-4-7
Use props
cfrankling
New

United States

crash1sttime Posted at 2015-4-8 03:05
In short terms, No.

The 2 plus has a different main board I believe and the WIFI is built into a bo ...

Thanks for the info. I've been looking into rotorpixel as well, but was leaning towards getting the vison + gimbal/camera but, after reading your info about the incompatibilities, I guess I have no choice but to go with it.

thank you.
Carlos
2015-4-7
Use props
cfrankling
New

United States

crash1sttime Posted at 2015-4-8 03:05
In short terms, No.

The 2 plus has a different main board I believe and the WIFI is built into a bo ...

Oh, I forgot to mention I have the Phantom 2 vision (ver 3), will your comments still stand regarding comparability?

thanks
2015-4-7
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Well the F40 is the stock camera on the Phantom 1, its not for the Phantom 2 Vision.
But either way you cant fit the Vision + camera and gimbal as suggested.
2015-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules