Dji spark after Mavic
1482 13 2017-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9f5c5cd1
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Just wondered if anyone has used or bought a spark after using a Mavic. I got a Mavic a few months ago and love it. However I'm considering buying a spark just as it's a big quicker to launch for a quick drone fix. But I'm worried it will seem a bit basic in comparison to the mavic? From the visors I have seen it looks really fun and a bit less intrusive than the mavic (in terms of annoying my neighbors).
2017-10-5
Use props
fans9f5c5cd1
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Please excuse my spelling, I meant bit not big and videos not visors!
2017-10-5
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

More features are on the Mavic. However, it depends on what you are using the Spark for. There is a great  deal of technology on the Spark. You can find out more about this aircraft by going to this link: http://www.dji.com/products/cons ... &from=nav#spark
2017-10-5
Use props
PY4CK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6443990 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I have both and have bought the Spark after the Mavic.

Though I love the Spark, in terms of drone and capabilities I think the Mavic is a much, much better drone. Starting from the flight distance, going to the recording definition (but Spark is very good too) and most of all its incredible system of transmission. Occusync was a top improvement over the other drones. Almost no latency and realiability beyond imagination.
2017-10-5
Use props
Joepub1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 557818 ft
United States

PY4CK Posted at 2017-10-5 10:09
I have both and have bought the Spark after the Mavic.

Though I love the Spark, in terms of drone and capabilities I think the Mavic is a much, much better drone. Starting from the flight distance, going to the recording definition (but Spark is very good too) and most of all its incredible system of transmission. Occusync was a top improvement over the other drones. Almost no latency and realiability beyond imagination.

100% agree.

Spark is very handy in smaller spaces (your yard, small parks) does attract less attention, and the video is pretty darn good. Useful only in the fly-more combo, and it has a hard time living up to the time and distance specs given by DJI. And if noise is a factor, you might want to find someone who has one and listen to the Spark in the air. It's very high pitched, you'll lose sight of it before you stop hearing it. And it's easy to lose sight of it, at 200 meters it's a tiny little spec. OTG is not supported by DJI, but it is possible to fly using it (often works better). Android users have non-stop complaints about their phone/tablet and Go4 working together in a wi-fi setup, which is how it is supposed to be flown.

That being said, the Spark, when you get it set up right, is very easy to get into the air, and a blast to fly. Kind of comparing a prop plane to a jet, but sometimes all you need is a prop plane.
2017-10-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Both drones have their appeal to me. But I think I will start with Mavic.
Just because it has the better camera + gimbal.
2017-10-5
Use props
nottuppaware
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70745 ft
Australia

Joepub1 Posted at 2017-10-5 12:32
100% agree.

Spark is very handy in smaller spaces (your yard, small parks) does attract less attention, and the video is pretty darn good. Useful only in the fly-more combo, and it has a hard time living up to the time and distance specs given by DJI. And if noise is a factor, you might want to find someone who has one and listen to the Spark in the air. It's very high pitched, you'll lose sight of it before you stop hearing it. And it's easy to lose sight of it, at 200 meters it's a tiny little spec. OTG is not supported by DJI, but it is possible to fly using it (often works better). Android users have non-stop complaints about their phone/tablet and Go4 working together in a wi-fi setup, which is how it is supposed to be flown.

As a spark owner I say beyond 30 metres you can't hear it.
2017-10-5
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Spark doesn't do RAW for photos which means its worthless to me.  It also doesn't do 4k video.
2017-10-5
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

I own both, and really find myself flying the Spark a lot more.  I usually only fly LOS and don't really have any interest in distance runs.  For that I find its just too easy to throw the Spark up in the air.  I also like it's overall ruggedness.  I don't feel like I'm about to break the gimbal everytime I touch it.  It's flight characteristics are quite playful.  It flies like a smaller Mavic.  I'm not really an image whore, so the 1080p is fine by me as I grew up during the age of tube televisions and Polaroid cameras.
2017-10-5
Use props
The Quadfather
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439026 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Have both and they are both excellent flying apparatuses - I use spark for those improv flights and pure fun still getting good footage - Mavic is a different beast I use this when I want to get footage that I can edit post prod and create content on a bit “higher” level if that makes sense.
2017-10-5
Use props
William Yuandi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 474357 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

mavic better performance than spark, but if your neighbors annoying, you should get spark also, and you can play it everywhere without pilot lisence i think? both are great at shooting videos, just do some editing
2017-10-6
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had a Spark to bash about when I didn't want to use the P4P. Super fun in sport mode as it's just so small and quick. The Pano shots on the Spark are good to take some really cool images. Yes, it is basic next to the Mavic but it's a started drone with some cool stuff thrown in. Loved it in Lanzarote this year. Took it down the beach early in the morning to get my flying fix and it came into its own before the masses arrived. Even had a small crowd one morning just watching me blitz it around at full speed.
2017-10-7
Use props
pr777
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99692 ft
United Kingdom

Contemplating a Mavic pro/platinum  having a Spark already would love Spark to have DNG raw support but not overly  optimistic in will ever appear  ......
2017-10-7
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Had a mavic first then a spark.  The spark is a fun little drone, quick to launch for a quick pix or video and if you like to zip around it can do that too.
2017-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules