Forced to have internet on 3rd battery of the day WHY
1965 33 2017-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AuroraHunter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 938012 ft
United States

Went out flying with the Mavic today. I do not have internet while flying. Too far off the grid in the mountains. Flew two batteries and on the third battery at start up the DJi app connected to Mavic and showed the view from the camera for 2 seconds. Then went to a log in screen and would not let me connect till I connected to the internet and sign in. Rebooted everything same problem. I have flown almost 90,000 meters with no internet. Why do I need to log in now? This makes my drone unusable. I can't run back to town and log in everytime I want to fly. Besides where I want to fly has no internet.I was able to fly on two battieries but not a third.

Ipad with DJI go 4.1.12(2964)

2017-10-8
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Weird. Wonder if the problematic battery needs to be updated?
2017-10-8
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Seems like the third was not updated and the app asked for you to do it
2017-10-8
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Since when did the batteries for the mavic needing upgrading?
2017-10-8
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-10-8 16:12

They occasionally need updating, along with the RC and AC. Not every firmware update calls for it.
2017-10-8
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Brazil

I don't know the exact date..... but if you never updated yours, you should.... search the forum... there is plenty of info on how to do it...
2017-10-8
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes....every time there's an update I always check my batteries to see if it included them....most of the time it doesn't but like Ex said occasionally they do. I found out the hard way the first time...
2017-10-8
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

I know on .1000 augusts update, batteries definitely updated along with ac and rc
2017-10-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Just to verify, were there any other operations before the app asked you to log in except changing the battery, like log your account out or something else? For most of the cases, once you had logged in the app, it won't ask you to do again. So you don't have to access the internet to fly if you had already logged in.
2017-10-8
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

They always have.  They are smart batteries and have their own firmware.  They don't need updating as often as the app or the firmware in the Mavic, but they still need it now and then.
2017-10-8
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-10-8 16:49
They occasionally need updating, along with the RC and AC. Not every firmware update calls for it.

That's what I thought, unlike the sparks you have to update each and every battery for each FW update.
2017-10-9
Use props
AuroraHunter
lvl.4
United States

Like I had stated I had been flying that morning with no issues. I had flown two full batteries and just switched to a 3rd. When powered up it connected  to the drone and it went to the log in screen in a couple seconds. There was no warning. Just went to log in and would not let me do anything. I had to drive back home and connect to the internet. Once logged in I was able to fly with no issue. No update was performed. It apparently has to be re-logged in after a certain or random number of flights or time frame.  If this is going to randomly pop up I will have to find another drone since where I fly I rarely have internet.
2017-10-9
Use props
SadMavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 91132 ft
United States

Silliest thing ever having to be "logged" in to fly.  We don't have to log in to drive our cars....
2017-10-9
Use props
Osee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 530758 ft
United States

SadMavic Posted at 2017-10-9 22:56
Silliest thing ever having to be "logged" in to fly.  We don't have to log in to drive our cars....

The reason why we don't have to log in to drive our cars is because we are not sufficiently managed by deviately spying - covertly operating - demonicly obfuscating - evilly supplanting - control freaking pagan murderers yet .

It won't be long until there is a sufficiency of those manager types at the top to make it happen ...
2017-10-9
Use props
fanse63d8206
New
Flight distance : 2267 ft
Belgium

I just make a habit of cycling through my spare batteries right after I upgraded my Mavic. Just turn off, switch batteries, connect the app and you'll see the app calling for an update. They don't take as long as the entire update so you'll get through them in a few minutes!
2017-10-9
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Brazil

Osee Posted at 2017-10-9 23:07
The reason why we don't have to log in to drive our cars is because we are not sufficiently managed by deviately spying - covertly operating - demonicly obfuscating - evilly supplanting - control freaking pagan murderers yet .

It won't be long until there is a sufficiency of those manager types at the top to make it happen ...

#DRONEPARANOIA ....
2017-10-10
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

#DRONEPOLICE  is always on the neighborhood as well...
2017-10-10
Use props
Osee
lvl.2
United States

If you think I don't have reasoning behind my statement - keep an open mind and eyes - you might learn something one day .

Do you think the U S Army is paranoid about drones ?

A few months ago - they ordered ALL of their personnel to cease and desist using ALL DJI drones and commanded them to REMOVE ALL BATTERIES .

If you don't believe that then all you have to do is keep an open mind and eyes and then look and see if that information is true .  You will then have more understanding .

Next - if you cannot see that the world citizens are increasingly becoming more and more controlled and regulated by an ever expanding global governing force - then you need to keep an open mind and eyes and then by doing simple investigations - you will then have more understanding that there is reasoning behind my statements .

More and more countries are threatening incarceration for citizens that only disagree with their policies and tenants ...

It is only a matter of time before everything and everyone is regulated and constantly policed by the rulers of a new world order .

Only a few years ago - people were called crazy for speaking about plans for a new world order - they were told that such plans do not exist .

Now it is openly called for and referenced in speeches at the United Nations and included in documents all over the world .

While it may seem trendy and cute to paste a paranoia tag ->
At the same time - there are many many people who consider your antics as simple naivety .

2017-10-10
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Osee Posted at 2017-10-10 11:52
If you think I don't have reasoning behind my statement - keep an open mind and eyes - you might learn something one day .

Sorry, but I think you watch too many B-movies. Your whole story makes no sense and has been told -and believed by some ! -  for several decades now.
If your new world order is coming, it certainly isn't in a hurry.
2017-10-10
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

Sorry, but I think you watch too many B-movies. Your whole story makes no sense and has been told -and believed by some ! -  for several decades now.
2017-10-10
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

2017-10-10
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

2017-10-10
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

2017-10-10
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

After upgrading firmware on the Mavic and controller, it is not necessary to be connected to the internet to update the batteries.
2017-10-10
Use props
Osee
lvl.2
United States

EastyT Posted at 2017-10-10 12:40
After upgrading firmware on the Mavic and controller, it is not necessary to be connected to the internet to update the batteries.

that is good to know - thanks
now I wonder - is the data stored in cache or temp storage on the Assistant or is it in the drone .

if it is in the Assistant and if you exit the app before you update the other batteries - it may need internet again ...
if it is in the drone - then it would seem that the drone could automatically update the batteries - hense it probably is in the Assistant
almost no way it is in the drone - that would be silly
2017-10-10
Use props
Osee
lvl.2
United States

PhanFran Posted at 2017-10-10 12:34

Thank you for verifying my point to the extreme -
It has been told and believed by some for DECADES - while everyone else denied it .

It is not being denied any longer - except by those whom are not paying any attention or plainly refuse to investigate even with minimal effort .

I stated that it is being discussed OPENLY and it is DOCUMENTED PUBLICLY now .  You can see and hear and read it - on video - in governmental documents .

The United Nations has speakers who REGULARLY mention it .

Now - please explain your excuse for claiming that my story makes no sense as if I am not referring to validated facts that you can easily verify yourself .

Denying something that you refuse to thoroughly evaluate is in the fashion of a simpleton .
Pretending that something does not exist because its progression appears to be slow is irrational .

2017-10-10
Use props
Osee
lvl.2
United States

PhanFran Posted at 2017-10-10 12:38

Don't read this one - it may shatter your optimistic belief system in a benevolent society ...

United Nations
Secretary-General

13 February 2017
Opening remarks at the World Government Summit
António Guterres

https://www.un.org/sg/en/content ... d-government-summit

watch 8 hours of new world order talk ( earlier this year ) - ( but it doesn't exist ? )

World Government Summit is the largest summit of its kind bringing  together the world's brightest minds, dedicated to shaping future  governments.

https://www.youtube.com/user/GovSummit

2017-10-10
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Osee Posted at 2017-10-10 16:21
Thank you for verifying my point to the extreme -
It has been told and believed by some for DECADES - while everyone else denied it .

Steve Bannon is that you? Go drunk you’re home.
2017-10-10
Use props
AuroraHunter
lvl.4
United States

I just wanted to know why I would randomly have to connect my app to the internet and if that feature could be made not mandatory so that I can fly when not around a internet access point. It has nothing to do with big brother or all the government spying on its citizens. They can do that without my drone.

2017-10-10
Use props
Osee
lvl.2
United States

oops - replied to wrong poster
2017-10-10
Use props
Osee
lvl.2
United States

AuroraHunter Posted at 2017-10-10 17:08
I just wanted to know why I would randomly have to connect my app to the internet and if that feature could be made not mandatory so that I can fly when not around a internet access point. It has nothing to do with big brother or all the government spying on its citizens. They can do that without my drone.

the answer is you don't randomly have to connect your app - you are systematically forced to connect your app .

they force you to do it because they love you

how do you know it is nothing to do with spying ? they can do that WITH or without your drone .

you have to do it because they said so - they also said they don't have to give you a reason other than they love you

i guess if they told you a different reason - would you believe that one ?

it is obvious that your drone flying does not need or depend on the internet
it should also be VERY obvious that the reason why they force you to connect to the internet is because they are collecting information from you during that connection

and do you expect them to give you a plausible excuse ? do you also expect them to be telling you all the truth at the same time ?

yes they can do that without your drone but it is obvious they are using it anyway

let us know if you get the answer you are looking for

i hope you are satisfied with whatever excuse they give you
2017-10-10
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Brazil

PhanFran Posted at 2017-10-10 12:34

Couldn't use better words... Oh God....
2017-10-10
Use props
Osee
lvl.2
United States

ro_flyer Posted at 2017-10-10 18:32
Couldn't use better words... Oh God....

i stopped watching TV and theater in 1985 .

So that theory is out the window ->
2017-10-10
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

Osee Posted at 2017-10-10 16:00
that is good to know - thanks
now I wonder - is the data stored in cache or temp storage on the Assistant or is it in the drone .

It's not in the assistant, it is either in the remote, the DJI GO4 app or the aircraft.  Neither the assistant nor an internet connection is necessary to update batteries after the initial one during a firmwar upgrade.
2017-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules