NIB Phantom 4 Special Edition DOA battery
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheRealAndyCook
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92661 ft
Canada

Unfortunately, my purchase of a new phantom included a defective battery, I have submitted an email to support and I am wondering if anyone has an idea how long the RMA process takes for Canadian residence?

Thanks,
Fly safe.
2017-10-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

The battery needs to be sent to the Official Repair Center in the US. Have you got a case number from the Support? If yes, please send the battery in ASAP. we'll do our best to get it sorted out shortly.
2017-10-9
Use props
TheRealAndyCook
lvl.1
Canada

I have a request number but not a case number.

My first email was as follows,

"Hello included is a video demonstrating my defective battery which was included with my Phantom 4, I purchased a replacement and verified the aircraft, charger, and all other components work properly only the battery is defective. How to proceed with RMA, Bestbuy no longer will warranty drones. Battery SN is *omitted* The unit has no visible defects, produces no sound light or heat when plugged into the charger. Youtube video for the demonstration."

The agents responded but their email was incoherent and I assume an automatically generated response.  So I replied to the agent and provided the information again and my address to support.us@dji.com. I have not received a reply yet and the attached youtube video (displaying the charger working on my spare battery but not on the primary) has not been viewed. I assume they're busy.
2017-10-9
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

TheRealAndyCook Posted at 2017-10-9 10:12
I have a request number but not a case number.

My first email was as follows,

Curious, did the bad battery even turn on or was it completely dead?
If it will turn on, did you try updating the battery using DJI Asst 2 or GO 4?  Not sure that would work but curious to know if you tried, assuming the battery would even turn on.
Wish you the best of luck with this.
2017-10-9
Use props
TheRealAndyCook
lvl.1
Canada

Hello Genghis9, when plugging the battery into the charger no light displayed, pressing and holding made no lights display, tapping then pressing, etc etc I've tried every combination of button presses and taps to write Shakespeare but to no avail.

The new battery purchased out of pocket worked as intended and charges fine using the included charger.

I have been told by the support I am out of warranty.

"As per double checking on your battery's serial number, I can see that it overpass the warranty period of the battery which is only for 6 months. We could not process a replacement service for this concern for we our out of warranty. I recommend to purchase a new battery to ensure the performance of your aircraft. Not only we have a fresh charging cycle, we can also get another 6 months service warranty for the new purchased battery."
2017-10-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

TheRealAndyCook Posted at 2017-10-10 18:18
Hello Genghis9, when plugging the battery into the charger no light displayed, pressing and holding made no lights display, tapping then pressing, etc etc I've tried every combination of button presses and taps to write Shakespeare but to no avail.

The new battery purchased out of pocket worked as intended and charges fine using the included charger.

We apologize for the late reply from our Support.
If the battery was out of warranty, I'm afraid we cannot provide warranty service anymore, like our Support said, we suggest to purchase a new one directly to ensure the performance of the drone.
2017-10-10
Use props
TheRealAndyCook
lvl.1
Canada

I believe the formatting on my receipt may have been confused the agent, the purchase date is 10/07/17 formatted the Canadian way meaning October 7th 2017, not 2010 July 17th.
2017-10-10
Use props
TheRealAndyCook
lvl.1
Canada

It appears my trouble ticket was closed since I received the questionnaire asking how the agent did, Guess I need to try again?
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

TheRealAndyCook Posted at 2017-10-12 20:06
It appears my trouble ticket was closed since I received the questionnaire asking how the agent did, Guess I need to try again?

Sorry for the late reply. If the battery is still in warranty, please explain to our support to star a ticket and send in the battery.
2017-10-13
Use props
TheRealAndyCook
lvl.1
Canada

.I have sent another inquiry regarding replacement with POP, explanation of our date formatting, and the answers to all of these questions include a video.

First and Last Name:
• Shipping Address (no PO box):
• Phone number:
• Name of DJI Product:
• Fault Description:
• Photos of the battery, including the Serial number
• Screen shot of the battery info, from the DJI GO app
• Short video showing the issue (if possible)
• Has the battery been involved in any rough landings or crashes? If yes, please send us the DJI account (email address) you used for that flight and the specific time of that flight so we can analyze the problem.

Hopefully, this will be resolved.
2017-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules