i will be leaving dji very disappointed
1364 15 2017-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aerial visions
New
Flight distance : 13478 ft
United States

i just had the worst exp ever.. first i almost lost my mavic do to go4 app it failed in flight i already did the wire test and its not the wire .. so i was told to delete and reinstall the app i did.. i lost all my flight records and i can not get them back. i tried everything under the sun i called support and they told me nothing i could do.. but they have the data on the server some where but i can not get them. he hung up on my face.. i will be searching for better support and different drone.. thank dji you ruined it for me.

2017-10-9
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Did you sync your flight records before uninstalling and reinstalling the app? That's what DJI will routinely ask you to do that when you contact them about a crash. Assuming that you did, all you have to do to get the flight records back now is to do another sync, and it'll retrieve a copy of the records from DJI's server and restore them on your mobile device.

In other words, the sync operation is bi-directional: it copies any flight records on your device but not on DJI's servers to their servers, and it copies any found on their servers but missing from your mobile device to the device.
2017-10-9
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Let us know when you find something better than DJI.
2017-10-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

You have our sincere sorry for the unpleasant experience you've been experiencing. It might be the system error for the hung up of your call. For your case, is the drone all good now? The flight records can be synced to the cloud when the user synchronizes it, if you had synced it to the cloud, you can log in your account on the app then sync it again, then the flight records will show up. But if the flight records were not synced before your uninstallation, the last chance is to go install the app back and check if the records still reserve on the app, export the flight records out if they are still there. You can send it to us for the data analysis if there is a need. All in one, please tell me what can I help you with now. Sorry again.
2017-10-9
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Sorry to hear about it... unfortunately there are not many options of better products and customer service you can choose from...
2017-10-9
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

good luck in search for better drone... for support you sure can find
2017-10-9
Use props
Osee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 530758 ft
United States

* Kong Error * ( new label tag to use for describing DJI snafus )

Come on guy - you are giving up a bit too soon - don't you think you can stand just a little bit more humiliation, disappointment and abuse ?
2017-10-10
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Don't loose hope b/c of this error; a snafu, mistakes, errors and glitches come with the territory of the hobby of flying these drone/copter wherever you go. Nothing is going to be 100% error-free.
2017-10-10
Use props
Osee
lvl.2
United States

Sportbike_Pilot Posted at 2017-10-10 03:43
Don't loose hope b/c of this error; a snafu, mistakes, errors and glitches come with the drone/copter flying hobby wherever you go. Nothing is going to be 100% error-free.

You are right - I sure would like to see DJI turn things around and start being more proactive .

I find it hard to be optimistic though - I am trying to get their attention with blatant sternness by pointing to specific flaws with full disclosure so that they start to realize how alienated many people feel when confronted with having problems with their equipment and then having poor responsiveness from support services ...
2017-10-10
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Osee Posted at 2017-10-10 03:57
You are right - I sure would like to see DJI turn things around and start being more proactive .

I find it hard to be optimistic though - I am trying to get their attention with blatant sternness by pointing to specific flaws with full disclosure so that they start to realize how alienated many people feel when confronted with having problems with their equipment and then having poor responsiveness from support services ...

"I sure would like to see DJI turn things around "

I think they're listening to some degree as they provide updates with features that the general public have concerns about. However in my opinion I do agree they still have some stuff to work out re: customer service and repair services amongst other things.
2017-10-10
Use props
OzzieVyper
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5148 ft
Australia

My drone failed after 15min and had a failed main esc controller board. Disappointed yes but never gave up. DJI is the best there is. Can’t wait to get up back. Fixed under warranty cause things fail unexpectantly even when brand new.
2017-10-10
Use props
Osee
lvl.2
United States

OzzieVyper Posted at 2017-10-10 04:15
My drone failed after 15min and had a failed main esc controller board. Disappointed yes but never gave up. DJI is the best there is. Can’t wait to get up back. Fixed under warranty cause things fail unexpectantly even when brand new.

Wow - that is quite unusual to have a failure after only 15 minutes ...

Glad to understand you got a speedy and positive resolution .

How long did it take for them to get the unit back to you ?
2017-10-10
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have had a few "glitches" in flight myself.... just yesterday I was flying in sport mode across a soy field and it seemed like the Mavic did a flip and then recovered. I was not recording at the time but considering there was no other explanation I am going with a flip. A good practice is ALWAYS assume the worst is going to happen... flay cautiously and never skip pre flight checks! Reset your devices so they are clean and if you are having issues go to a safe place at low altitude and try to duplicate the problem. As mentioned in a previous post.. these things are far from perfect; you have to use common sense and some intuition. Drones are NOT for everyone so of you are going to quit it just may be for the best and safety of everyone else!

2017-10-10
Use props
marklyn59
lvl.4
Flight distance : 395072 ft
United States

I understand your frustration and have certainly had my share with DJI support, their documentation and being ignored with suggestions sent in.  Other people are correct... this is probably the best drone out there now so they have that leverage until someone else becomes a true competitor.  Based on your new status and appearance to be new with DJI you might be too harsh.  I think you should consider staying with DJI, and choose your battles more wisely. If it helps, I had a similar issue with losing my profile info in the beginning but ultimately decided (being new) it wasn't as important as if I had months or years of data lost.  Don't give up yet!
2017-10-10
Use props
matt18235
New
Australia

Bob Brown Posted at 2017-10-10 04:43
I have had a few "glitches" in flight myself.... just yesterday I was flying in sport mode across a soy field and it seemed like the Mavic did a flip and then recovered. I was not recording at the time but considering there was no other explanation I am going with a flip. A good practice is ALWAYS assume the worst is going to happen... flay cautiously and never skip pre flight checks! Reset your devices so they are clean and if you are having issues go to a safe place at low altitude and try to duplicate the problem. As mentioned in a previous post.. these things are far from perfect; you have to use common sense and some intuition. Drones are NOT for everyone so of you are going to quit it just may be for the best and safety of everyone else!

birdstrike???
2017-10-10
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Thread closed. Serves no purpose besides venting. Hope you understand.
2017-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules