13105 34 2017-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans25ad1327
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47989 ft
United States

Hello all,

We recently obtained 2 Matrice 210s, one with the dual gimbal set up and the other with the single gimbal.  On the dual gimbal we are running an X4S camera and an XT FLIR.  The singal gimbal 210 has an X4S.  

Unfortuntely we have experienced nothing but problems so far with both units.  We were hoping some of you may be able to provide some insight.

Question 1 - In regards to the dual gimbal set up, does it matter which gimbal position (1 or 2) the X4S goes on and which the XT goes on?

Question 2 - Our Cendance controller with a Crystal Sky tablet completely shut off yesterday while in mid-flight.  The batteries were not the issue and we did not hit the power button my accidenent, it simply turned off and thankfully the 210 returned home.  Anyone else experienced this?  Fixes?

Question 3 - Is it true that with the singal gimbal we should be using DJI Go 4, however with the dual gimbal we must use DJI Pilot?  This creates another problem becuase our flight logs are not being logged within the Pilot app.  Does anyone know of a way we can obtain the actual flight times of each flight from the drone's flight controller?  We need these, its very important for our operations.  I know there are ".DAT" files saved to the controller, but has anyone found software that can actually read these and see the flight times?

Thank you very much.

2017-10-13
Use props
fansd6fbeecf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6119 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Hi, we are having the same problems. Received two M210`s and both of them are having major problems with video signalling. Both systems show "video encoder error 0x4000000". I have managed to get one of the systems working after 2 hours of trying to update everything without any results. And then suddenly, it worked for one flight and after immediate turn off and start, same problem occured again. Systems shows that all updated are up to date, I can control camera (X4S) and have also changed to X5S to test if its the camera, but no change. Im very conserned as we have major events coming in few days time and nothing really can be done during the weekend.
2017-10-13
Use props
fansd6fbeecf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6119 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Hi,

We are having the same problems. Received two M210`s and both of them are having major problems with video signalling. Both systems show "video encoder error 0x4000000". I have managed to get one of the systems working after 2 hours of trying to update everything without any results. And then suddenly, it worked for one flight and after immediate turn off and start, same problem occured again.

Systems shows that all updates are up to date, I can control camera (X4S), start recording etc and have also changed to X5S to test if its the camera, but no change. Im very conserned as we have major events coming in few days time and nothing really will happend from DJI side during the weekend.
2017-10-13
Use props
tim5
New
Flight distance : 1904967 ft
United States

Regards to #1- YES IT MATTERS- the instructions I received said X4S, and X5S ONLY in position 1. XT and Z30 in position 2.
2017-10-14
Use props
fans25ad1327
lvl.1
United States

Thank you both for the comments so far. That's unfortunate that it seems the 210s are having issues all together. I hope DJI gets these things figured out soon as we've invested a lot of money into these devices.

Thank you Tim5 for the information regarding the gimbal assignments! I will ensure we follow those directions.

Anyone else out there have additional insight to share? Thanks
2017-10-15
Use props
Zuidwestdrones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 276604 ft
Belgium

There's a new manual available on the download page of dji m210 where they  added more info Aboutaleb dual gimbal. I never had these problems and I have me m210 more than 1 month now. For video I use the 5.8 GHz band instead of the standard 2.4 GHz and have now beter results on my xt camera.
2017-10-21
Use props
An Aerial ViewP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65916168 ft
  • >>>
United States

tim5 Posted at 2017-10-14 14:48
Regards to #1- YES IT MATTERS- the instructions I received said X4S, and X5S ONLY in position 1. XT and Z30 in position 2.

Most people are buying this to use the Z30 and XT. Does this mean these two can not be used together? If so I there is a BIG problem. With these two cameras I have $30,000.00 invested !!!
2017-10-22
Use props
broadlandboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1654222 ft
United States

You can connect z30& xt to either gimbal. Think because z30 & xt process on camera while X4s & X5s are processed on drone.
2017-10-22
Use props
fans25ad1327
lvl.1
United States

Thanks everyone for the responses so far.  This has been incredibly frustrating dealing the 210s so far.  We couldn't wait to get them now we wish we hadn't to be honest.  I really hope DJI figures out all of these bugs quickly and pushes out new updates.
2017-10-24
Use props
Zuidwestdrones
lvl.3
Belgium

An Aerial ViewP Posted at 2017-10-22 06:10
Most people are buying this to use the Z30 and XT. Does this mean these two can not be used together? If so I there is a BIG problem. With these two cameras I have $30,000.00 invested !!!

I mostly use them together without problems.
2017-11-18
Use props
jerry
lvl.1
United States

I bought another motorcycle this week instead of more sensors for my M210. Why? Until the M210 drama is sorted out I'm sinking any more money into it. Motorcycles don't generate any income but at least they're fun.
2017-11-18
Use props
Zuidwestdrones
lvl.3
Belgium

Have you already found a solution for the flight logs? I need them to for the Belgian regulation of using drones.
2017-12-9
Use props
broadlandboy
Second Officer
United States

Zuidwestdrones Posted at 2017-12-9 10:22
Have you already found a solution for the flight logs? I need them to for the Belgian regulation of using drones.

If you want to use Airdata to record flight logs get a I2 RC set up as slave running Go4 & then it will record the flights. Not very elegant but it works
2017-12-9
Use props
Zuidwestdrones
lvl.3
Belgium

I have 2 cendence RC's and invested more than € 35000 already and don't want to spend more money. But thanks for the suggestion.
2017-12-9
Use props
broadlandboy
Second Officer
United States

Run Go4 on 2nd Cendence as slave. Only said I2 RC as didn't know you had 2 Cendences & I2 RC cheaper.
2017-12-9
Use props
fans055ecaa4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 990256 ft
Poland

Zuidwestdrones Posted at 2017-12-9 10:22

You can get flight logs from the crystalsky (download airdata for crystalsky).
I did so for mine and works without issues.
If you go with the text file route, download dropbox.apk on the cendence and use an file explorer app to find and then upload the file.
If you need any more help just ask!
2017-12-14
Use props
Eurokyngas
lvl.2
Estonia

Zuidwestdrones Posted at 2017-11-18 04:36
I mostly use them together without problems.

You dont have gps compass error problem?
2017-12-15
Use props
Zuidwestdrones
lvl.3
Belgium

fans055ecaa4 Posted at 2017-12-14 01:27
If you go with the text file route, download dropbox.apk on the cendence and use an file explorer app to find and then upload the file.

Does Airdata work with the Pilot App, because on the website from Airdata, it only says something about DJI GO app.
2017-12-16
Use props
Zuidwestdrones
lvl.3
Belgium

Eurokyngas Posted at 2017-12-15 01:23
You dont have gps compass error problem?

I don't think so. I have more problems with the DJI Pilot app on my second remote controller who is set as slave/assistant, but I am in touch with the DJI support for that issue.
2017-12-16
Use props
Zuidwestdrones
lvl.3
Belgium

fans055ecaa4 Posted at 2017-12-14 01:27
If you go with the text file route, download dropbox.apk on the cendence and use an file explorer app to find and then upload the file.

I just downloaded airdata for crystalsky, and it only get the flight logs from DJI GO 4 app, not from the pilot app. So I still can't read the flight logs I need.
2017-12-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Sir, we are so sorry for the late response, hope you have a great time with M210.
1. Please refer to the following table for an explanation of how to properly mount your dual gimbal configuration. Left and right is determined from the perspective of looking directly at the drone from the front. tablet.png
2. The new firmware has been released, we recommend to keep the firmware of Cendence and CrystalSky up to date.
3. The corresponding of dual gimbal is DJI Pilot, we are working on adding flight records to DJI Pilot and will get it available very soon, please note the website about the future release.
We apologize for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience.
Please let us know if there is further problem.
2017-12-22
Use props
BigredsX13
New
United States

Hi fans25ad1327,
2018-1-18
Use props
BigredsX13
New
United States

I was reading this chain when we recently bought a 210 as well with dual gimbal functionality, and just got everything figured out and its all working properly. What we couldn't figure out was that there is actually a way to switch flying apps in the clearsky monitors. When we got the 210, it had the DJI GO 4.0 in the large right square, and the DJI GO app in the bottom left smaller square on the main screen.

There seems to be some confusion, as most people think that the DJI GO app is synonymous with the DJI Pilot app. This is incorrect. If you go into settings>device>Launcher Settings, you can actually choose a third option, one that is not pre-programmed in your crystalsky monitor that is the "DJI Pilot" app. You can manually set either square (large right square, or single smaller left square) as the access panel for your DJI Pilot app then, and you should have no trouble.

It took us FOREVER to figure this out, as every forum kept talking about correctly updating the drone firmware/checking your cameras for updates/etc., but updating is actually pretty straight forward and the DJI Assistant 2 guides you pretty much through everything. Hopefully you already got this figured out, as your post if a few months old now, but thought I'd try to lend a hand in case there are some out there still stuck.

Again, the DJI Pilot is !!NOT!! the DJI GO app. To access the correct DJI Pilot app, go to Settings > Device > Launcher Settings, then set either launcher screen for the crystalsky monitor as the correct DJI Pilot app.

Good luck!

2018-1-18
Use props
Olivier Vietti-
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11618934 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

2018-1-19
Use props
fans25ad1327
lvl.1
United States

Thank you BigredsX13 and everyone for commenting.  BigredsX13, we did figure out how to change between the apps in the Crystal Sky, after a while, but thank you for sharing that and I'm sure that information was very helpful for anyone else using the 210s and reading this post.  We still don't have flight logs while using the Pilot App.  We get flight logs in Go 4, but as you said, they are 2 different apps.  We did some more testing last night with all our gimbals and the 210s.  We found out that you can only use Go 4 with the 210s when you have the HD camera only (such as X4s or X5s).  If you have the XT FLIR on either by its self or on the dual set up with an HD camera, you cannot use Go 4 at all, you must use Pilot anytime you have the XT on.  This creates issues for us becuase we don't have flight logs, AND we cannot access our special airspace unlocks in Pilot, only in Go 4.  DJI unlocked airspace for us once we showed our 107 airspace waiver but you have to use Go 4 or Go to access the "Unlimit Area" feature, its not in Pilot yet.  Also, there is an XT Pro App which is what is best to use with the XT FLIR I understand, however this app is only available on IOS and not Android yet, therefore we can't use it on our Crystal Sky monitors.  I really hope DJI figures this stuff out soon.  We invested over $30k into these platforms and are not happy at all unfortunately.  Thanks everyone
2018-1-24
Use props
Zuidwestdrones
lvl.3
Belgium

fans25ad1327 Posted at 2018-1-24 08:17
Thank you BigredsX13 and everyone for commenting.  BigredsX13, we did figure out how to change between the apps in the Crystal Sky, after a while, but thank you for sharing that and I'm sure that information was very helpful for anyone else using the 210s and reading this post.  We still don't have flight logs while using the Pilot App.  We get flight logs in Go 4, but as you said, they are 2 different apps.  We did some more testing last night with all our gimbals and the 210s.  We found out that you can only use Go 4 with the 210s when you have the HD camera only (such as X4s or X5s).  If you have the XT FLIR on either by its self or on the dual set up with an HD camera, you cannot use Go 4 at all, you must use Pilot anytime you have the XT on.  This creates issues for us becuase we don't have flight logs, AND we cannot access our special airspace unlocks in Pilot, only in Go 4.  DJI unlocked airspace for us once we showed our 107 airspace waiver but you have to use Go 4 or Go to access the "Unlimit Area" feature, its not in Pilot yet.  Also, there is an XT Pro App which is what is best to use with the XT FLIR I understand, however this app is only available on IOS and not Android yet, therefore we can't use it on our Crystal Sky monitors.  I really hope DJI figures this stuff out soon.  We invested over $30k into these platforms and are not happy at all unfortunately.  Thanks everyone

Hi

You can use XT with dual downward gimbal and DJI GO 4 app. You have to mount only the XT and let the other port without camera. Then you can start the DJI Go 4 app. It will say you have to use Pilot app, but you can use GO 4 app. Only one thing you don't have with GO 4 and XT: you don't have temperature on the screen, you can only see the different colours of you camera. I did test this today, so I know this works.
What I did not test is getting the flight log with this solution, but I think you get them, because you use the GO 4 app.
Today, I did some more testing. You can read them on:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=115035
and a very interesting test was this one:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-131094-1-1.html
2018-1-24
Use props
fans25ad1327
lvl.1
United States

So we actually tried that last night.  We put the XT gimbal on our 210 single gimbal and tried the Go 4 app.  As you said, it told us to use Pilot instead.  We actually did not try to fly in Go 4 although it appeared that it would work.  Thank you for sharing that.  Maybe we will try to fly in Go 4 with the XT next time as you say it will work.  

Now our newest problem is the single gimbal 210 is experiencing a "forward facing collision avoidance" error in a red box.  We calibrated the sensors using the DJI plate with the dots on it and still getting the error.  Anyone experiencing this?

Thanks
2018-1-24
Use props
jakrokann
New
Norway

Hi,

I have a trouble with the dual gimbal. I am using zenmuse xt2 on the connector 1 and zenmuse z30 on connector 2 (i have tested z30 on the connector 1 and it worked propely). The image from z30 just get blury, see attached images. Anyone with a solution how to fix this?
2018-11-26
Use props
n0xlf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 368901 ft
United States

Same problem (corrupt video) with the same cameras.  I'm going to make a separate thread just for this and other DJI Pilot 1.0.1 issues.
2018-11-27
Use props
plucas
New

Brazil

Hello friends. I also have an operation problem on matrice 210.

I'm connecting my Z30 camera and the X4S. I have 2 controls. One for the drone operator and one for the image operator.

We would like the drone operator to only have the FPV. Camera image, as long as the image operator could interleave between X4S and Z30. But we can not do it. When the master control activates the FPV camera, the slave control disables the Z30 and replicates the FPV camera image. Even if the show fpv frame button is disabled in the slave control.

Can anyone help me with this situation?
2018-12-2
Use props
plucas
New

Brazil

Hello friends. I also have an operation problem on matrice 210.

I'm connecting my Z30 camera and the X4S. I have 2 controls. One for the drone operator and one for the image operator.

We would like the drone operator to only have the FPV. Camera image, as long as the image operator could interleave between X4S and Z30. But we can not do it. When the master control activates the FPV camera, the slave control disables the Z30 and replicates the FPV camera image. Even if the show fpv frame button is disabled in the slave control.

Can anyone help me with this situation?
2018-12-2
Use props
IoBios
lvl.2
Flight distance : 221995 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

We got the same problem since the last upgrade.

XT or Z30 on port 2 we have the same problem bug on video (and sometime work well after 3 or 5 restart)
No problem with the port 1

Tx to give feedback
2018-12-11
Use props
kozlio#
lvl.4
Canada

Dji Mindy, a few pro users are experiencing this dual camera bad signal issue. What is the solution to it? @Dji mindy thanks
2018-12-21
Use props
pickfordphotography.com
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13593894 ft
  • >>>
Australia

We have the same issue...... not good..... XT and X5S or Z30 either or ... pilot APP on Crystal sky says disconnected.....
2019-1-3
Use props
djiuser_YGeB7rXs8IoQ
New

Greece

Hello friends. I also have an operation problem on matrice 210 V2.
After i take off, about 20 m in distance from remote control, loosing FPS . Τhe image refresh rate is too slow, it seems like waves, with different analysis, in each line . I can not see any details on my screen of the terren. Is too difficult to operate with any payload, especially when i use zoom, with XT2.
The authorized technician suggest me to use only 2,4 frequency, to avoid this problem.
The system pass all the test , no malfuction found.
the malfuctions cames from  antenas or
high pillars
voltage
2023-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules