812 12 2017-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChristienPhoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2434 ft
United States

Hi all,

So I haven't taken the old Phantom 4 in a little while, and I just tried to take it out tonight for some long exposure photography. The first problem, my camera isn't working. When I open the "go fly" page, it's the standard dark grey background. I took it up 100 feet, 'cause that's all it'd let me do for another strange reason, and tried to shoot video and photos, but to no avail.

Next, my settings screen, under "overall status" it says "Update Required." I've always clicked that button and it's taken me to a blank screen. I've gotten these green, transparent bars that notify me of an update, which I tap, and it appears to update, but then says I need to connect the drone and controller with a wire. I did that, and it started updating. But there was no indication that the updating was complete, just the same vague instruction about connecting the drone and controller, even though they were both already connected.

My camera presets never save, and when I start the drone, it won't stay still. Do I have a lemon or something??? Please help!

2017-10-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Powering on the aircraft and controller, and connecting the APP, you can find the current version in General Settings>About.
2017-10-14
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I don't think you have a lemon, I just think you are not doing the updates correctly.
There will be updates for the drone, the RC and probably each of the batteries as well as the no fly zone database.
You can update the RC by connecting it to your phone/tablet.
To update the drone you can use either the Assistant 2 software on a PC or connect the drone directly to your phone/tablet with the cable and adapter that came with it.
The batteries can each be updated when they are in the drone and everything is turned on.  They can also be updated when inserted in the drone and connected to the Assistant 2 software.
2017-10-14
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13978875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Update ALL FW, the NFZ database and recalibrate everything then try.
2017-10-14
Use props
ChristienPhoto
lvl.2
United States

ACW Posted at 2017-10-14 23:41
Update ALL FW, the NFZ database and recalibrate everything then try.

How do I do that?
2017-10-15
Use props
ACW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Go into the the go 4 app with everything turned on and at the bottom of the general settings list (three horizontal dots icon) you will see the word 'about' - tap that and it will show you your drones current version settings - within the list is precise app fly safe database - ensure this is at the current version. If not, refresh the latest firmware on the AC using DJI assistant 2 - then boot everything up and wait for several seconds when at the home page with the picture of the drone on it - do not enter the device at this stage. After a short while a pop up will come through asking you to update the NFZ geo fencing database - tap allow and it will update. Then your flight restrictions should disappear providing you are not in a NFZ... You may wish to go one further and reinstall the GO 4 app by deleting it and reinstalling it whilst the firmware is updating - also note - do not turn on the remote when doing the updates/reinstallation. Hope this helps.
2017-10-15
Use props
ChristienPhoto
lvl.2
United States

ACW Posted at 2017-10-15 09:21
Go into the the go 4 app with everything turned on and at the bottom of the general settings list (three horizontal dots icon) you will see the word 'about' - tap that and it will show you your drones current version settings - within the list is precise app fly safe database - ensure this is at the current version. If not, refresh the latest firmware on the AC using DJI assistant 2 - then boot everything up and wait for several seconds when at the home page with the picture of the drone on it - do not enter the device at this stage. After a short while a pop up will come through asking you to update the NFZ geo fencing database - tap allow and it will update. Then your flight restrictions should disappear providing you are not in a NFZ... You may wish to go one further and reinstall the GO 4 app by deleting it and reinstalling it whilst the firmware is updating - also note - do not turn on the remote when doing the updates/reinstallation. Hope this helps.

I have a pro plus, though. I'm not sure how to uninstall and reinstall the app. This stuff is so confusing. Again, I had a successful update last night, and again, it's telling me I need to update. When I go into "about" and see the version, it just has a bunch of zeros.
2017-10-15
Use props
ACW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The bunch of zeros indicates you do not have an NFZ geo fence set in the app and clearly explains why you have flight restrictions. Unfortunately, I only use IOS devices with my drones so can not help beyond this. Perhaps a DJI moderator can help from here or failing that, you can contact DJI support directly. Good luck, I'm sure it'll be sorted soon.
2017-10-15
Use props
ChristienPhoto
lvl.2
United States

ACW Posted at 2017-10-15 14:33
The bunch of zeros indicates you do not have an NFZ geo fence set in the app and clearly explains why you have flight restrictions. Unfortunately, I only use IOS devices with my drones so can not help beyond this. Perhaps a DJI moderator can help from here or failing that, you can contact DJI support directly. Good luck, I'm sure it'll be sorted soon.

Well, I'm supposed to have a shoot with it tomorrow, so I guess I'm in a bit of trouble.
2017-10-15
Use props
ChristienPhoto
lvl.2
United States

ACW Posted at 2017-10-15 14:33

Thanks for your help, though.
2017-10-15
Use props
ACW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ChristienPhoto Posted at 2017-10-15 14:45
Thanks for your help, though.

No probs - may be change the title of your thread to 'pro plus' and someone else with that RC set up may know more than I.
2017-10-15
Use props
ChristienPhoto
lvl.2
United States

ACW Posted at 2017-10-15 15:00
No probs - may be change the title of your thread to 'pro plus' and someone else with that RC set up may know more than I.

I got it working. Just in case you'd like to know if anyone else asks. If you power on your RC and swipe from the top down, it lists the RC settings. When there is an update, it will appear as a notification, like it does in a Samsung smartphone (a rectangular notification). I clicked that and it finally did the update. I believe was happened was I just kept downloading the program of the update (maybe?) but I had to click that update notification box to actually install the update.

Thanks again for your help!
2017-10-16
Use props
ACW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ChristienPhoto Posted at 2017-10-16 06:22
I got it working. Just in case you'd like to know if anyone else asks. If you power on your RC and swipe from the top down, it lists the RC settings. When there is an update, it will appear as a notification, like it does in a Samsung smartphone (a rectangular notification). I clicked that and it finally did the update. I believe was happened was I just kept downloading the program of the update (maybe?) but I had to click that update notification box to actually install the update.

Thanks again for your help!

Great news - so pleased you sorted it!
2017-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules