Mavic performance blunted?
844 8 2017-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jinjur
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hey gang,

Only upgraded to the latest f/w this evening and took Mavis out for a little buzz to make sure all was well.......

I have to say, it seemed that the performance is blunted a little?

Climbing in normal mode, once I back off the throttle in a vertical climb.........the Mavic doesn't stop dead.......it continues for a bit as you would expect cinematic mode to behave in lateral movement if you know what i mean............i could swear it never did this before.

Sport mode does the instant stop thing when climbing vertically, quite the opposite of normal mode...........but it also feels slower.

Have the Mavic's wings been clipped slightly or is it just me?

Perhaps worth giving the FW a quick refresh in case?

J
2017-10-18
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Not to belittle you, but check ALL of your settings.  I check EVERY SINGLE setting before EVERY flight.  This software is not robust at all.
2017-10-18
Use props
Jinjur
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Not belittling at all friend.........

yeah, i don't exhaustively go through everything in the settings but to be fair, I haven't deviated from stock settings too much
2017-10-18
Use props
Celsus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

The firmware update supports the new low noise propellors. The motor speed at idle is defiantly slower following the upgrade, this is probably due the increased lift with the new props. The combination of lower motor speed and increased lift with the new props would help with noise level.
2017-10-18
Use props
M4BMW
Second Officer
United States

So if we are flying with say firmware .400 there might be an issue on prop motors if we fail to upgrade. Would love to hear from DJI on this but I can hear their answer now.......
2017-10-18
Use props
Jinjur
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Does anyone know out of curiosity if we can drop down from Firmware: V 01.04.0000?
2017-10-18
Use props
Jinjur
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Silly question.....downgrading to 1.03.1000 now..................will try a flight again tomorrow.

I have 2 batteries.....I assume I have to switch them out and do the downgrade again after this one is done?
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

The new firmware doesn't seem to change the settings about the main controller according to the release note.
If the brake is not as quick as you though, you can try to adjust the sensitivity settings of the Main Controller Settings.
2017-10-18
Use props
Jinjur
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi Thor, thanks for that

FYI, I took the little bird out for a quick test and the response is definately very different to me........especially with regards to vertical braking.

So whatever was done in the latest firmware, it has changed that

Back to .03 and everything is snappy again

Maybe its just me?
2017-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules