1129 4 2017-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
captaindronefly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 767411 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anyone else have a issue where their Inspire 2 gets compass errors during mid flight routinely? I have calibrated the IMU and compass multiple times in various locations throughout the US. In my testing I have found that when flying with the wings up the problem appears when making hard turns or stops. If I hover for a min then it sometimes goes away. Other times I have found that lowering the landing gear then waiting for In Flight GPS to return works as well. I hate to send it in for repair right now because I have back to back jobs coming up.

Not sure if its related but I also have a message asking for a vision system calibration. I have misplaced the vision system calibration board that came with the machine so I can't do it right now. I always fly with the vision system off since it restricts me more than helping me when flying.
2017-10-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Just to verify, have you tried to refresh the aircraft firmware? I would recommend you change to another location without interference and check again.
2017-10-21
Use props
Mad_Angler1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Also make sure you are calibrating with no metal on your person, no smart watches or anything either.
2017-10-22
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mad_Angler1 Posted at 2017-10-22 00:02
Also make sure you are calibrating with no metal on your person, no smart watches or anything either.

Just a note as to how sensitive the compass is. I did mine on mine on a landing outside my rear door and a small nail in the deck threw it off.
2017-10-22
Use props
epicjib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3016060 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I have seen this happen with my inspire 2 in the middle of a field no where near metal. I also know of 2 other users with Inspire 2's that have had the same issues with compass error and must switch to atti. I have had this happen as indicated with flying aggressively. I have also upgraded the firmware to factory settings with settings refresh. Still the issue randomly appears. My guess buggy firmware or hardware...
2017-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules