DJI Intelligent Batteiries never gets more than 50 cycles
1188 3 2015-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jcampen
lvl.1

Malaysia

Dear DJI,
We are very concerned that we never achieve more than 40-50 recharge cycles from the DJI intelligent batteries, yet I was advised from the DJI chat support this week that we should change them at around 300 recharge cycles!? Another DJI person on the DJI forum suggest they are good for 200 cycles, yet everyone who uses them posts that they never even gets over 80 cycles.

We are not a novice at this. We have 5 Phantom 2's and we have in the last few years bought around 40-50 batteries.  We have now disposed of round 10-15 of these batteries because they no longer fly more than 1 min and most have not done over 50 cycles. . Non of any of the batteries we have used  lasted over 50 recharge cycles and we never run the batteries below 35-40% where the Ph2 will auto land.  We certainly are not getting anywhere near 200 or 300 cycles advise by DJI let alone even 100 cycles.

Two things I find are mostly very disappointing here with this so called "Intelligent Battery". We have no issue if they do only get 40 cycles but at lest state this clearly, and  also not at the price of $125 per  battery!. The price is way over the top for this level of battery life.  

The second issue is throwing away the casing and electronics components, which is no doubt is part of the reason the cost to high we have to pay. Frankly the lack of any environment consideration in this wastage alone is appalling.  DJI is not promoting a very green company image here.

Why cant the battery modules be more reusable or recyclable and in particular the casings and electronics and then help reduce the wastage and cost?

2015-4-8
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI should institute a program whereby we can send the batteries back to them  (or a partner) for recycling for free.....I was able to send my 30 lb large iMac back to Apple (a partner who they work with) for free....just to recycle it.

I'm not as concerned about the battery life - but it is a waste of resources because there is a lot of copper in there!
2015-4-8
Use props
G-unit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 569902 ft
United States

I have a battery with 2-cycles on it and it has a bad cell #1 cell is bad. but it is older then 3-monthes so im sure they dont care to replace it..
2015-4-10
Use props
G-unit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 569902 ft
United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-4-9 10:02
DJI should institute a program whereby we can send the batteries back to them  (or a partner) for re ...

Send them to me and maybe i can fix my battery with parts from your...
2015-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules