1440 3 2017-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mastix
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6659610 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hello: I am the owner of a recent Phantom 4 Pro. This afternoon after making my second compass calibration to my drone I started getting this Gimbal Motor Overloaded message. Apart of the message the image is shaking as the stabilization system of the camera is not working anymore. In the morning I flew without problems. The only thing that changes was the compass calibration. I did this without the plastic camera protector. I am wondering now if the movements you make were responsible for damaging the gimbal? Do any of you have experience with this error? I tried to calibrate IMU once and Gimbal autocalibration many times but without success I keepp having this error many hours later. Somehow I think thet the gimbal motor is broken. I can pitch up and down the camera. The gimbal moves the camera when the phantom is started . I have contacted DJI support to see how to solve this problem. As I bought the phantom in China through TOMTOP I dont know if I will have to send it back to China or will I be able to repair it in Europe?

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions
2017-10-22
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

I had a similar incident recently this happened after a firmware update.
My gimbal became erratic and unstable i lost access to the imu and compass calibrations to cut a long story short i had no choice but to send the drone to dji service for repair.
From what i can tell they have replaced the camera and gimbal assembly im not sure if any electronics inside were replaced or not.
2017-10-22
Use props
M.C. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Had the same "Gimbal Motor Overloaded" issue but that's b/c I had a crash.Gimbal wasn't the same so had to get it repaired.  If the gimbal is compromised in some way, that 'Gimbal Motor Overloaded' seems to come up.
2017-10-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Did anything happen before, like hard landing or crash? You can get it repaired in Europe, but you'll need to pay for the repair since DJI does not provide the international warranty. To claim the warranty service, you'll need to send it to China first, the drone will be evaluated after it arrives, the drone will be covered by warranty if it's product malfunction and within the warranty period.
2017-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules