builtin lightbridge
1893 9 2015-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
myron
lvl.4

Philippines

since this P3 has lightbridge built in i hope dji reduce the price cost of dedicated lightbridge box.

2015-4-8
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

I doubt that will ever happen...
2015-4-9
Use props
dorvis
New

United States

can you explain to me how Lightbridge works? Is it directional like the wifi extenders?
2015-4-9
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

dorvis Posted at 2015-4-10 10:53
can you explain to me how Lightbridge works? Is it directional like the wifi extenders?

The Lightbridge supplies both RC and a HD video down link on a 2.4gHz channel.  Very cool tech.  I have flown one about 2K with great video and RC signal.  Now we have this tech on the Inspire an now on the P3.   
2015-4-9
Use props
dorvis
New

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-4-10 11:13
The Lightbridge supplies both RC and a HD video down link on a 2.4gHz channel.  Very cool tech.  I  ...

I ordered the advanced instead of the pro. Are there more differences than just the camera and battery charger?
2015-4-9
Use props
dorvis
New

United States

The Lightbridge supplies both RC and a HD video down link on a 2.4gHz channel.  Very cool tech.  I  ...

I ordered the advanced instead of the pro. Are there more differences than just the camera and battery charger?
2015-4-9
Use props
tpallai
lvl.4

United States

dorvis Posted at 2015-4-10 11:48
I ordered the advanced instead of the pro. Are there more differences than just the camera and bat ...

Even if the Pro will come with a backpack, the Advanced will not.  It is still not clear whether they WILL include it with the Pro. But basically (as far as i know) thats about it.
2015-4-9
Use props
david.moisson.m
lvl.1
Flight distance : 473323 ft
Belgium

Hi,

With the Phantom 2 VIsion plus it was easy for the user to switch the transmitter between EC and FCC for tx output. Will this be the case for the Phantom 3 as well? (I saw in the specs that EC would output 16dbm and FCC 20 dbm).

Thanks,

David
2015-4-9
Use props
stac57
lvl.2

Canada

Any idea what kind of distance you can get and if the screen is clear or allot of static?
never used a light bridge connection before just FPV with immersion and Black pearl and looking for something allot clearer.

2015-4-14
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lightbridge is digital you don't get static. You might get some digital artifacts but that's it. Latency is the biggest draw back on a digital system, but there is no way to get around that. The clear pictures out weighs the latency for most users.
2015-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules