Video options - nothing offering 120 fps
678 4 2017-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MitchellKrog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10715 ft
South Africa

Hi all, I have a P4P Pro but on all my video options I have not one that offers me 120fps. Is this due to the latest firmware and if so why would DJI do this or am I missing something. A friend of mine with  a P4P sent me screengrans of his settings screens for video and all available options have 24, 30, 48, 60 and 120 fps while all my video options only give me 24, 25, 48 and 50 fps??? Can anybody explain this on a “Pro” model
2017-10-24
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

One difference is that your friend has selected NTSC, your have set it to Pal.
Next difference would be the recording resolution, check specs from appendix in the manual.

Screenshot at 2017-10-24 21-56-53.png
2017-10-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

As KedDK says, you have to switch to NTSC, although I have no idea why this is so, as the terms PAL and NTSC only apply to standard definition video and the Phantoms do not produce any standard definition at all. But in any event, you might not like the 120fps option anyway as it is a crop of the sensor and looks crappy.
2017-10-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Switch to NTSC, you will find the 120 fps, just have a try.
2017-10-24
Use props
MitchellKrog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10715 ft
South Africa

Ahhhh, thank you so much everyone. I actually woke up this morning lying in bed thinking to myself, I wonder if it has something to do with me having set my system to PAL and indeed it was. I only came on the forums now and you have all confirmed this for me. Thank you so much Susan, KedDK and Geebax.

Perhaps DJI could document this better when recommending that people switch to a video system appropriate to their country that they will lose such features.

Thanks for all your help
2017-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules