Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Utka
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2024 ft
Australia

Hi:
As new as new can be.
Bought a P3 Std and downloaded the bin file onto a micro sd card.
Inserted the card into the P3, turned on the battery, props initialized as such, got the D D D D repeat noises and then:

2 props twitching and a loud BEEP repeating as well which sounds like a danger alarm.
Gymbal also seems very warm as in hot.
I shut her down and removed the card.
SOS
Utka
2017-10-26
Use props
Utka
lvl.1
Australia

Getting clever, kinda, checked the log and it says bin file corrupted, will download again and try to install. wish me luck
2017-10-27
Use props
Utka
lvl.1
Australia

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect====== Packet: P3C_FW_V01.09.0200.bin Upgrading ... Result: Corrupted. Firmware bin file is corrupted, download it again from the DJI offical website.  ========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect====== Packet: P3C_FW_V01.09.0200.bin Upgrading ...  ========== 2014.01.01 00:00:14 remo-con disconnect====== Packet: P3C_FW_V01.09.0200.bin  ========== 2014.01.01 00:00:14 remo-con disconnect====== Packet: P3C_FW_V01.09.0200.bin  ========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect====== Packet: P3C_FW_V01.09.0200.bin
2017-10-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Did you get an update prompt on the APP? I would recommend you upgrade the firmware of the P3S via APP.  Here is a video for your reference.
2017-10-27
Use props
Utka
lvl.1
Australia

Thanks for the super speedy response. Restores faith in human.s
I will try your method
Will keep you posted
Regards,
George (Utka)

2017-10-27
Use props
Utka
lvl.1
Australia

Hi Again:
No update prompt from app.
No card in P3.
When I powerup the P3, I get a loud beeping with the prop in the lower right twitching.

2017-10-27
Use props
Utka
lvl.1
Australia

another observation. the gimbal only has 2 of the rubber dampers attached to the P3 via plastic inserts. Is that ok or does it need 4, 1 in each corner?
2017-10-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Utka Posted at 2017-10-27 01:13
another observation. the gimbal only has 2 of the rubber dampers attached to the P3 via plastic inserts. Is that ok or does it need 4, 1 in each corner?

It is normal, there is no need to attach 4. For firmware issue, please format the SD card and reinstall the APP, I would recommend you check the current firmware version on the APP first and see if there is an error message. Besides, try to upgrade it again via APP if you can.
2017-10-27
Use props
Utka
lvl.1
Australia

Can't seem to get rid of that loud beeping sound. will not change after I power off and on. it is like it is blocking an communication between app and P3
2017-10-27
Use props
Utka
lvl.1
Australia

Seems there is also a special cable that connects the smartphone to the controller for viewing, and to the P3....can't find it, looks like a micro usb at both ends.
2017-10-27
Use props
George Vartabed
New

Australia

I'll get there. Tomorrow is another day. Will let you know how I go but it might take a while.
G
2017-10-27
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Do you powered on all components of the copter system ? If not then power on all parts >RC>AC>mobile. turn on the WIFI on mobile and connect it with the copters WIFI. And then have a look for the status bar before you tab the camera button. The USB wire is not required. Before you power all parts on,delete all bin files from the card and insert it again. If the message comes up <New firm ware available> then try tab the upgrade button.....and the app guides you through the next steps. you´ll need the internet connection only to download the FW to the mobile. Switch to the home WIFI and then the app will download the file. If the upgrade Now button comes up you can switch to copters WIFI again and then tab the<upgrade now> button. The app will upload the bin file to the copter and the copter starts the upgrade. Take care for enough power on all devices (RC/AC and mobile) . The upgrade process does not allow any disturbance. It´s recommended to use a fan or laptop cooler tho cool down the copter.
2017-10-27
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Is this a brand new P3S, and did you try to fly it before attempting update?  I would recommend reformatting the card and update again from scratch.
2017-10-27
Use props
repairman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16581 ft
United States

Utka Posted at 2017-10-27 01:13

needs only 2 diagonaly of each other.
2017-10-27
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Just to clarify, you must extract only the .bin file and put it in the root directory of your sd-card. You may be doing this, but I have seen those who just copied the download file on the card, and if the phantom cannot read it, it will not finish. If you are doing it correctly, you  have to let it finish. I had one experience where I had to let it go for over an hour with that loud beeping and all kinds of crazy stuff. Especially after an upgrade has terminated before it finished. Use fully charged battery, turn on only the aircraft, and let it go. Give it a try.
Like Diana said though, you should be able to do it thru your app. So, hang in there!
2017-10-27
Use props
George Vartabed
New

Australia

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-10-27 12:41
Just to clarify, you must extract only the .bin file and put it in the root directory of your sd-card. You may be doing this, but I have seen those who just copied the download file on the card, and if the phantom cannot read it, it will not finish. If you are doing it correctly, you  have to let it finish. I had one experience where I had to let it go for over an hour with that loud beeping and all kinds of crazy stuff. Especially after an upgrade has terminated before it finished. Use fully charged battery, turn on only the aircraft, and let it go. Give it a try.
Like Diana said though, you should be able to do it thru your app. So, hang in there!

All good. I have flown it a few times.....and I love it
2017-12-2
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

George Vartabed Posted at 2017-12-2 00:08
All good. I have flown it a few times.....and I love it

Glad to hear you got it!
2017-12-3
Use props