DJI Go S7 Edge
2318 16 2017-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
user72fb5c03be
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have an Osmo Mobile and want to install the DJI Go app on my Samsung Galaxy S7 edge. When I go to the play store it won’t let me even download it never mind install it as it says the app is incompatible with my device. Anyone got any thoughts on why this is happening? (For information it says the same with the DJI Go 4.0 app as well even though I know this isn’t Osmo Mobile compatible).
2017-10-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Did you download from Google Play?
It seem there is something wrong with Osmo Mobile download page, please download APP at Osmo+ page: http://www.dji.com/osmo-plus/info#downloads
2017-10-27
Use props
user72fb5c03be
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-27 05:18
It seem there is something wrong with Osmo Mobile download page, please download APP at Osmo+ page: http://www.dji.com/osmo-plus/info#downloads

I was trying to download it from google play. Google play was saying it wasn't compatible and therefore wouldn't let me download it.

Having now downloaded it from the link you provided (thank you) it has installed on my phone however on loading the app it informs me there is an update to version 3.1.18. When I follow the in app instructions to download the update it will download but on trying to install it then comes up with the message  "App not installed. The package appears to be corrupt". Any further help would be greatly appreciated!!
2017-10-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

user72fb5c03be Posted at 2017-10-27 06:01
I was trying to download it from google play. Google play was saying it wasn't compatible and therefore wouldn't let me download it.

Having now downloaded it from the link you provided (thank you) it has installed on my phone however on loading the app it informs me there is an update to version 3.1.18. When I follow the in app instructions to download the update it will download but on trying to install it then comes up with the message  "App not installed. The package appears to be corrupt". Any further help would be greatly appreciated!!

Uninstall the Go app and attempt to download via the QR code on the OSMO Mobile download page. That page is running fine on my end at the moment.

http://www.dji.com/osmo-mobile/i ... te_search#downloads

Please let me know if the issue presists.
2017-10-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

user72fb5c03be Posted at 2017-10-27 06:01

Sorry that the APP in our website hasn't been updated, V3.1.18 is the latest version.
Please refer to Jamie's suggestion to scan the QR code or find DJI Go in your Application Store.
2017-10-27
Use props
user72fb5c03be
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-10-27 14:50
Uninstall the Go app and attempt to download via the QR code on the OSMO Mobile download page. That page is running fine on my end at the moment.

http://www.dji.com/osmo-mobile/info?site=brandsite&from=insite_search#downloads

Thanks for the response. I tried the QR code as suggested and it is still not downloading the latest version. As before when I load up the app initially it requests that I upgrade to the latest version and once it has downloaded (within the app) the latest version I still get the error message "App not installed. The package appears to be corrupt". Do you have any other ideas as play store is still saying the app is not compatible with my S7 edge?
2017-10-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

user72fb5c03be Posted at 2017-10-28 03:11
Thanks for the response. I tried the QR code as suggested and it is still not downloading the latest version. As before when I load up the app initially it requests that I upgrade to the latest version and once it has downloaded (within the app) the latest version I still get the error message "App not installed. The package appears to be corrupt". Do you have any other ideas as play store is still saying the app is not compatible with my S7 edge?

Please tell me the current version of your app. Can you provide a screenshot of this situation so I can forward it. Thanks a lot.
2017-10-30
Use props
fans660255bf
New

United States

I get same issue on my S7
2017-10-30
Use props
fans660255bf
New

United States

Ok i figured it out. I uninstalled the app i previously downloaded. Then i turned off the phones security system so i can install outside apps. I then scanned the QR code then did install. When completed i hooked upto to gimbel and opened the app. It did not show the osmo mobile but phone notify showed there was an update. I installed the update & now phone will not go to sleep while videoing. Works perfect now.
2017-10-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans660255bf Posted at 2017-10-30 17:08
Ok i figured it out. I uninstalled the app i previously downloaded. Then i turned off the phones security system so i can install outside apps. I then scanned the QR code then did install. When completed i hooked upto to gimbel and opened the app. It did not show the osmo mobile but phone notify showed there was an update. I installed the update & now phone will not go to sleep while videoing. Works perfect now.

Sorry for the late response because of time difference.
Glad to know you figured it out.
Please keep us updated if there is any further problem.
2017-10-30
Use props
hmart
New

Canada

The link form the QR code points to "http://adhoc-usa.dji.net/andriodApp/djipilot" which is no longer served.
I'm having the same problem as the original post running andriod 7.0 kernel 3.18.14-1546086.

The S7 is listed as a supported device, but google play is saying it's not a compatible device. Any pointers?
2018-1-3
Use props
hmart
New

Canada

The link form the QR code points to "http://adhoc-usa.dji.net/andriodApp/djipilot" which is no longer served.
I'm having the same problem as the original post running andriod 7.0 kernel 3.18.14-1546086.

The S7 is listed as a supported device, but google play is saying it's not a compatible device. Any pointers?
2018-1-3
Use props
djiuser_yyyc7xO
New
Australia

Yes, it's still not compatible with Android 7.
2018-1-4
Use props
djiuser_yyyc7xO
New
Australia

I get this message it says, We're sorry somethign went wrong.
2018-1-4
Use props
djiuser_yyyc7xO
New
Australia

I'm having the same issues.
2018-1-4
Use props
djiuser_yyyc7xO
New
Australia

This fixed my issues!

I would like you to apply this on your phone to resolve the compatibility issue :
1.In Settings
2.Display
3.Screen Resolution, set the resolution to FHD (1920x1080) or WQHD, click on the upper right corner of " application"
4.Go to Settings
5.Applications
6. Google Play
7.Storage
8.Clear data
Reopen Google Play and search for DJI Go

Contact me if the problem persist.

Best regards

Harvey

2018-1-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Harvey, glad to know the issue got sorted out, thanks for sharing the resolution here, please let us know if you have any further question.
2018-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules