p4p firmware update fails
2233 16 2017-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
droneamatic
lvl.1
United States

I get about every error possible. Using DJ assistant 2.
It says firmware up to date but the 'upgrade' button is lit up.
Sometimes on start up it says firmware incompatability between modules detected.
Usually it failes at 26%. One time it got all the way through several screens during update but froze on the last part.

confused. help!

2017-10-27
Use props
droneamatic
lvl.1
United States

Sometimes,It also says to restart drone if it does not connect 5 min after reboot. freezes up. never reboots.
2017-10-27
Use props
droneamatic
lvl.1
United States

admin@creeknet.com
2017-10-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Just to verify, have you tried to update the firmware via DJI GO? What's the current firmware of the aircraft, controller and APP? You can check it in DJI GO>General Settings>About.
2017-10-27
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

"Sometimes on start up it says firmware incompatability between modules detected."
This would usually be if you have more than one battery and the firmware has not been refreshed on all. Just press the update prompt i think you'll see and it should be fixed in no time.
2017-10-28
Use props
droneamatic
lvl.1
United States

I have a new camera module for P4P. $699 at Drone Nerds. The longer charge battery has been in use for months. All good then. Small crash broke camera gimble arm and cable.
Bootup w/o Assistant... red lite by USB connection. blinks 3 reds,  then goes to amber,red,green.

Reported by Assistant...Drone V01.04.0602   6/8/17 Official   Upgrade  Release Note
After a short while I get "Please reconnect the USB cable if the Assistant cannot reach the drone for 5 minutes after rebooting."
Assistant locks up, no reboot.
OR if I click Update I get a download to 100% THEN the message  above. I wait a while. Then power off and on drone to get a reboot. 1st  message says Update failed. Upload error log. V01.02.0602  100% Retry  button visible.
Retry Button... It goes 100% on next try,,, does some stuff... then on Updating screen it freezes at 24%.

DJGo.. Checking Version Number message comes and goes ok.
'RC Connected' in Green lower left corner... then Enter Device...
Aircraft Disconnected in top left corner of screen. Can't seem to get RC connection. Frequency reset doesn't work.

Stuck at this point. Help.
Steve

2017-10-29
Use props
droneamatic
lvl.1
United States

DJGo  4 is fresh download Android
2017-10-29
Use props
droneamatic
lvl.1
United States

BTW. Oddly this drone cranked up the first time after new camera was installed. It flew at initial hover height.
A motor change after that as we determined one had been slightly damaged in the crash. Soldered on by a pro. all good. (motor from old p4p we had around.)
Then the problems started.
2017-10-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

droneamatic Posted at 2017-10-30 09:19
BTW. Oddly this drone cranked up the first time after new camera was installed. It flew at initial hover height.
A motor change after that as we determined one had been slightly damaged in the crash. Soldered on by a pro. all good. (motor from old p4p we had around.)
Then the problems started.

Have you tried to relink the RC to the drone? Could you please post a short video about this issue for better assistance?  
2017-10-30
Use props
droneamatic
lvl.1
United States

Thanks. This is what I have been working on for days.
I have tried both ways to link repeatedly and did so again right now while watching video.
They won't link.
2017-10-31
Use props
droneamatic
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-30 22:20
Have you tried to relink the RC to the drone? Could you please post a short video about this issue for better assistance?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CABFbEF_QEk&index=3&list=PL8-vxWY64sBM-fOkD1ld-66C51JRCMnat

Test of RC connecting.

2017-10-31
Use props
droneamatic
lvl.1
United States

I found the p4p manual on line. It was not there last time I looked many months ago.
So... 4 blinking lights = critical error.
didn't find out what red-green blink is on drone connect light. Sometimes it is solid red, I know that means no connection. Blinking is not in manual.

We will disassemble back to last repair to see if all cables and boards are mounted properly. (This has been done once.) I will get back here in a couple of days.
Meanwhile if you have any suggestions please post them.
2017-10-31
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

droneamatic Posted at 2017-10-31 11:57
I found the p4p manual on line. It was not there last time I looked many months ago.
So... 4 blinking lights = critical error.
didn't find out what red-green blink is on drone connect light. Sometimes it is solid red, I know that means no connection. Blinking is not in manual.

There is an "Advanced Settings" under Linking RC, please click on it, then change the Remote Controller Type to Phantom 4 pro, then try to link it again. 1.png
2017-11-1
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Has to be something with  the reassembly or motor repair
2017-11-2
Use props
droneamatic
lvl.1
United States

Thanks but it was already set correctly. We are doing disassembly-reassembly to make sure everything a-ok.
2017-11-2
Use props
droneamatic
lvl.1
United States

Disassembly found no issues. We decided to order 4 new motors. $18 a piece, might as well go with it.
They arrive Monday.
2017-11-2
Use props
droneamatic
lvl.1
United States

Motors eliminated a 4 red lights. Now just yellow.. No Link to RC. Tried everything.
Drone on the way to repair facility. Drone Nerds.
2017-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules