Gesture Mode - Dronie doesn't work correctly with multiple people
1061 10 2017-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SpiderPilot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 149144 ft
United States

I am struggling to get the Dronie feature to work properly with multiple people in the picture. 4 attempts have left me with one picture, a video and 2 fails. I have been successful 100% of the time with just me in the picture. I have resorted to testing the procedure prior to assembling the group, so as not to look ridiculous as the Spark fails to work as advertised. I find that very few of the "cool" features work as advertised. Active track will not follow me as i walk, or mow my lawn, much less run or ride a bike.  Has anyone else been successful with those two features?
2017-11-1
Use props
Rafi_m
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328957 ft
United States

lame question, but did you press "go" while active tracking? sometimes i forget to press go..
2017-11-1
Use props
Rafi_m
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328957 ft
United States

regrading the second issue? what happens when many people are in the frame? does drone dont go upwards?
2017-11-1
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Yes, gesture mode as worked for me.  It follows well but not always responds to hand signals.  The lighting, background, and contrast can make targets harder to see.  You will have to play with it to perfect the gestures (wave speed, size of wave, etc).  

I noticed that at the Spark reveal event, the operator is well lit while there is a dark net and low lighting in the background.  It helps if what the Spark is supposed to see pops from the background clutter.
2017-11-1
Use props
SpiderPilot
lvl.1
United States

Rafi_m Posted at 2017-11-1 06:10
lame question, but did you press "go" while active tracking? sometimes i forget to press go..

No, because I was in gesture mode. I was thinking it was supposed to follow me.
2017-11-1
Use props
SpiderPilot
lvl.1
United States

Rafi_m Posted at 2017-11-1 06:11
regrading the second issue? what happens when many people are in the frame? does drone dont go upwards?

I has trouble with the gesture to take the picture. Also, it went into video mode. Which is strange because I can rarely get it to do that (video not picture) when I use it single mode.
2017-11-1
Use props
SpiderPilot
lvl.1
United States

Rafi_m Posted at 2017-11-1 06:10

When i use the Active Trak feature (requiring the selection and press of "GO", it can't seem to stay on the subject or track quick movements. I did start to experiment with lengthening the distance away from the subject which helped, but it isn't very accurate.
2017-11-1
Use props
RaspPiGuy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35594 ft
Canada

A couple of weeks ago I did a test in a field with 4 guys all about the same size and similarly dressed. It snapped to the one person perfectly as he ran around and never got confused. He even went and stood in the group and it kept him in focus... I was impressed. We were in direct sunlight though, so very well lit, and dressed dark vs. a faded grass background.
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please check the user manual below and follow the instruction to have another try.
active track.PNG
2017-11-1
Use props
SpiderPilot
lvl.1
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-1 20:21
Please check the user manual below and follow the instruction to have another try.

"check the user manual below" ??? Is there a link I should go to ?
2017-11-2
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

SpiderPilot Posted at 2017-11-2 10:55
"check the user manual below" ??? Is there a link I should go to ?

Sorry for my mistake. I posted the picture again.
2017-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules