DJI in RC/GPS mode = no camera on IPAD Mini4
442 6 2017-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Raymond-DJI
lvl.1

Norway

What do I wrong? Something I missing?

In wifi mode I get pictures, but in RC mode I do not get pictures/video in my Ipad Mini 4. Or is it like that?

I have updated and reset all, but no pictures/video on my Ipad Mini 4.

I got DJI Mavic Pro(updated) and Ipad Mini 4(updated), and use DJI GO4(updated).

All youtube viedo it show nothing about my problem. All just hook up with Ipad original cable, and they got pictures. I do not have that.
2017-11-4
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
France

Make sure you did unplug the left side data plug from the remote!
2017-11-4
Use props
Raymond-DJI
lvl.1

Norway

dronist Posted at 2017-11-4 19:58
Make sure you did unplug the left side data plug from the remote!

Yes I have.

I am new on Drone, and probably me doing some wrong. Maybe some wrong settings somewhere, but I can not find anything wrong.

I am using Ipad Mini 4 without sim card(no GSM/mobile in Ipad Mini).

If I whant to fly long way(1-4km away), I can not use WiFi. It must stay in RC mode on DJI Mavic?
2017-11-5
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Switzerland

Raymond-DJI Posted at 2017-11-5 02:50
Yes I have.

I am new on Drone, and probably me doing some wrong. Maybe some wrong settings somewhere, but I can not find anything wrong.

Ok. I have IPAD MINI 4 that I sometimes use and I use it in airplane mode with no issue. I never fly in WIFI mode to begin with.

What firmware and version. on both IPAD, RC, AC are you on?

Always start the remote first, then the MP then immediately turn on the DJIGO 4 in that order.
2017-11-5
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

In the Go4 app when using the RC are you getting other information like the signal strength, battery levels , satellite connections etc.

Can you do a screen shot

Have you tried linking the RC to the AC again, especially the "control mode" switch from wireless to RC on the drone body, this is the first part of the video

2017-11-5
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Raymond-DJI Posted at 2017-11-5 02:50
Yes I have.

You won't be able to fly long distance on wifi so you will need to use the RC setting. Make sure you have set it to RC then use the cable that came with your ipad and plug it into the bottom usb port on the remote controller. Turn on the RC, tap on the DJI Go 4 app, then turn on the Mavic. Click on the Start Flying icon in the DJI Go 4 app and go to camera settings and reset the camera. Check that you have the micro sd card inserted.
2017-11-5
Use props
fans61699a75
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Try deleting 4 app and reinstall.

Then first fire up rc, then connect ipad and than switch on ac
2017-11-5
Use props
Advanced