Can't find Beta
1179 14 2017-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kemosabe
lvl.1
United States

Had the Beta placed in my account to correct the gimbal whine/vibration, but can't locate it - my bad I'm sure, but can anyone tell me how/where to access it. Please.
2017-11-5
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It should show up in DJI Assistant 2 if it's been made available to you.
2017-11-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Could you PM me  your DJI Account(the email address when you logged in DJI GO), I'd like to check the exact status.
2017-11-5
Use props
kemosabe
lvl.1
United States

Thanks much!!
2017-11-6
Use props
fans37f48e0e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 384400 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-5 19:36
Could you PM me  your DJI Account(the email address when you logged in DJI GO), I'd like to check the exact status.

I need this beta version as well as I am experiencing all the jerky flight behaviors too

thanks
markelliott1969@gmail.com
2017-11-6
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans37f48e0e Posted at 2017-11-6 14:19
I need this beta version as well as I am experiencing all the jerky flight behaviors too

thanks

Hi Mark. Noting that you have both a P4 and P4P, take care that you're not mixing threads - each craft uses different firmware (albeit that some of the modules inside are in common). The jerky flight behaviour introduced to the P4 with the latest prod firmware is what that beta is seeking to fix (along with a 4K recording issue), but the current beta for the P4P is seeking to fix a gimbal-related issue on that craft.

This thread relates to the P4P beta, and to my knowledge the P4P has not been affected by the same jerky flights issues experienced with the P4. Unless, of course, that's not your experience...
2017-11-6
Use props
kemosabe
lvl.1
United States

wyoung@wjyaengineers.com
2017-11-6
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I'll bite. Who is wyoung? This can't be a DJI-endorsed path, assuming it's a DJI engineer.

[edit: oh, it's your email and that was a request for access to the beta. I thought that was a reply to an earlier post for who to ask. I'm glad DJI Susan got that.]
2017-11-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The beta firmware of P4P has been available in your account now, please try again with DJI Assistant 2. Make sure there is a solid network.
2017-11-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans37f48e0e Posted at 2017-11-6 14:19

thanks

Punchbuggy is correct. The P4 and P4P have different beta firmware to fix different issue. Please clarify which drone do you refer, and be more specific of the issue you referred, we'd like to help you.
2017-11-6
Use props
fans37f48e0e
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-6 22:43
Punchbuggy is correct. The P4 and P4P have different beta firmware to fix different issue. Please clarify which drone do you refer, and be more specific of the issue you referred, we'd like to help you.

DJI Susan and Punchbuggy,

Thanks for the clarification!!!   I am looking for the beta for the P4.  It is a total brick right now and unflyable due to the stability issues hence I went out and bought a p4p (which is perfect btw.....I had one with the whine issues and immediately returned it and got one that was fine).

so yes, I just need the beta for the P4 stability issues.

thanks!
markelliott1969@gmail.com
2017-11-7
Use props
fans37f48e0e
lvl.1
United States

fans37f48e0e Posted at 2017-11-7 04:20
DJI Susan and Punchbuggy,

Thanks for the clarification!!!   I am looking for the beta for the P4.  It is a total brick right now and unflyable due to the stability issues hence I went out and bought a p4p (which is perfect btw.....I had one with the whine issues and immediately returned it and got one that was fine).

DJI Susan

Got the Beta version - I'll be testing it out in a few hours.  Thanks again!
2017-11-7
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

Im tired hearing about this beta version when will the final version be released every other drone been getting updates regularly, just saying/
2017-11-7
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

BagoDJIoperator Posted at 2017-11-7 11:27
Im tired hearing about this beta version when will the final version be released every other drone been getting updates regularly, just saying/

I share your frustration, but there's another side so be careful what you wish for in haste.

I tested an earlier beta for my P4 last January (v2.00.0012?), and in retrospect I should have kept it - the P4 flew and took video beautifully. After many cries from the testers over the following months of being marooned on a beta, DJI finally released a prod firmware 4-5 months later. That was the firmware which essentially grounded many P4s due to flight instability and 4K video problems. A New beta now available essentially fixes much of that - and the Circle of Life continues...

The last prod firmware for the P4P worked for me, but not for others. Only issue when doing a VPS calibration is an odd grinding sound as the gimbal struggles to maintain level. I'm curious to see if the P4P beta that's been around for a couple of months now will resolve that.
2017-11-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans37f48e0e Posted at 2017-11-7 04:25
DJI Susan

Got the Beta version - I'll be testing it out in a few hours.  Thanks again!

Sir, have you tested the latest firmware recently? Does the wobble remains? I'm looking forward your feedback.
2017-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules