P3 Standard: Camera Stops Recording When I Go Out of Range/Lose Signal
1511 11 2017-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa77d77ee
New
United States

When I am flying my phantom 3 standard and I fly out of range where the app says aircraft disconnected or no signal, the video will automatically stop recording. The video recording also gets messed up when I am flying and the signal is bad. Please help, this is really frustrating
2017-11-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I presume you are referring to the recording on your phone or tablet. If so, this is not the primary recording, the real one is on the Micro SD Card in the camera unit of the aircraft. The recording in the camera will be full quality without any glitches due to the signal path, whereas the recording on your phone/tablet is a lower resolution version that is only intended for preview purposes.
2017-11-5
Use props
fansa77d77ee
New
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-11-5 20:45
I presume you are referring to the recording on your phone or tablet. If so, this is not the primary recording, the real one is on the Micro SD Card in the camera unit of the aircraft. The recording in the camera will be full quality without any glitches due to the signal path, whereas the recording on your phone/tablet is a lower resolution version that is only intended for preview purposes.

Thank you, but that is not the problem. When i fly the drone out of range, the video camera stops recording. How can I always keep it recording?
2017-11-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fansa77d77ee Posted at 2017-11-6 16:17
Thank you, but that is not the problem. When i fly the drone out of range, the video camera stops recording. How can I always keep it recording?

So the recording on the SD card stops recording? If so, I have never heard of that happening before.
2017-11-6
Use props
fansa77d77ee
New
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-11-6 16:44
So the recording on the SD card stops recording? If so, I have never heard of that happening before.

For example, when I’m flying and I press the record button on my DJI app on my phone, it starts recording perfectly. Let’s say fly my drone really high and the connection cuts, such as aircraft disconnected, the recording will stop itself. The video would be good until it loses its range.
2017-11-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fansa77d77ee Posted at 2017-11-6 17:54
For example, when I’m flying and I press the record button on my DJI app on my phone, it starts recording perfectly. Let’s say fly my drone really high and the connection cuts, such as aircraft disconnected, the recording will stop itself. The video would be good until it loses its range.

I know I keep on about this, but it is important. When your aircraft loses connection there are two radio systems to be concerned abnout. One link is purely the control over the aircraft, the other link is the return video feed. It is quite usual for the return video feed to cut out before the control link. When the video feed cuts out, it stops the recording on the phone or tablet you have attached to your RC unit, and again, this is quite normal.

But the recording on the SD card in the aircraft should not stop recording when it gets out of range. However it may stop if you shut off the RC unit, or re-start the Go App.

So again, have you checked the file on the SD card in the aircraft to see if it stops?
2017-11-6
Use props
fansa77d77ee
New
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-11-6 18:18
I know I keep on about this, but it is important. When your aircraft loses connection there are two radio systems to be concerned abnout. One link is purely the control over the aircraft, the other link is the return video feed. It is quite usual for the return video feed to cut out before the control link. When the video feed cuts out, it stops the recording on the phone or tablet you have attached to your RC unit, and again, this is quite normal.

But the recording on the SD card in the aircraft should not stop recording when it gets out of range. However it may stop if you shut off the RC unit, or re-start the Go App.

Sorry, I was a bit confused. Yeah, I have checked the file and the recording does in fact stop. What happens is when I go totally out of range, it shows on the app that the camera is not recording anymore. When i download the footage, it cuts off where I lost signal, which is where the recording stopped.  
2017-11-6
Use props
fansa77d77ee
New
United States

fansa77d77ee Posted at 2017-11-6 18:29
Sorry, I was a bit confused. Yeah, I have checked the file and the recording does in fact stop. What happens is when I go totally out of range, it shows on the app that the camera is not recording anymore. When i download the footage, it cuts off where I lost signal, which is where the recording stopped.

And when I said download the footage I meant from the sd card
2017-11-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fansa77d77ee Posted at 2017-11-6 18:30
And when I said download the footage I meant from the sd card

OK, I cannot help you as I have not heard of this happening before.
2017-11-6
Use props
fansa77d77ee
New
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-11-6 18:40
OK, I cannot help you as I have not heard of this happening before.

Thanks for your efforts
2017-11-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

What is the firmware version of the drone and what is the APP version? Is it possible to provide some videos about this issue for better assistance?
2017-11-11
Use props
rahaman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10154 ft
India

Hiii guys... i am recording video using dji ultimate flight and i m tired of repeating same flight. it is because of it stop recording once it reach to the first way point. when i start recording manually drone has traveled some distance for the gap part i have to take another flight. so if u guys have any solution plz reply or u have any other software for video recording????
2017-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules