Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

Hi There

Really hope someone can help here.

I got the notification to update to 701 so did so

It all seemed to go ok, got to 99%, then a message popped up, something like "Complete, check that you have connection".  (I can't remember exactly but something like that)

It didn't tell me what or how to do that.   I waited for a quite a while..10+ mins and it still said 99%, so I thought I might require a restart.

I restarted the controller first I think, no joy, then the spark.

Now the spark just constantly flashes green rapdily.  Can't seem to get it to talk to Remote anymore

Go4 app does not see device, but can see remote

Installed DJI Assistant 2, and it doesn't detect spark.

I'm really worried it's bricked now.

Online support is unavailable

Any idea what to do guys ?

Thanks
2017-11-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You should go back to .600 FW and try to reinstall. .701
2017-11-6
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

I have tried doing a reset of the spark as well (holding down power button).  The spark doesn’t beep.  So to me it seems like the spark is bricked as the firmware update failed at 99%.   I’d love to be told i’m wrong though.
2017-11-6
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-11-6 04:27
You should go back to .600 FW and try to reinstall. .701

How do I do that though ?  
2017-11-6
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

You didnt do the update via dji assistant?
Start assistant 2
Plug the usb cable in the spaek
Start the spark
Is assistant 2 seeing the spark?
2017-11-6
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-6 04:46
You didnt do the update via dji assistant?
Start assistant 2
Plug the usb cable in the spaek

No. I did it from Go4 app

I have since tried to just assistant, but it doesn’t detect the spark
2017-11-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Cookster670 Posted at 2017-11-6 04:31
How do I do that though ?

You would need to do in assistant 2 , other option is to try pairing up RC with AC. again.
2017-11-6
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-11-6 04:57
You would need to do in assistant 2 , other option is to try pairing up RC with AC. again.

Yep..tried all that.  None of them work.  
2017-11-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Cookster670 Posted at 2017-11-6 05:00
Yep..tried all that.  None of them work.

You could try factory reset in assistant and start all over again.
2017-11-6
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-11-6 05:03
You could try factory reset in assistant and start all over again.

But assistant doesn’t recognise the spark.  It’s not being detected
2017-11-6
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Did you (try) to do the update with an android phone?
"Make sure you are connected" says to me, you had no internet connection during the update

Have you tried it with both options,
starting the spark and connecting it after to the assistant 2
Or connecting it before and starting the battery afterwards

Both time the assistant open, already
2017-11-6
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-6 05:32
Did you (try) to do the update with an android phone?
"Make sure you are connected" says to me, you had no internet connection during the update

Tried from iphone and Mac.

I was able to pull the update down, so I must have had internet connection then.   But then I guess it has to switch to spark wifi to complete the update.

I also tried multiple ways of connecting the spark with assistant.  Power up before, after, unplug cable, plug cable in at either end...etc.
2017-11-6
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Cookster670 Posted at 2017-11-6 05:42
Tried from iphone and Mac.

I was able to pull the update down, so I must have had internet connection then.   But then I guess it has to switch to spark wifi to complete the update.

Ah, I see. You had assumingly no mobil data connection during your wifi update.
I would now try, to reset the Sparks wifi and reconnect it with iphone
If that works, do the update process again, only when in wifi connection to Spark, have mobil data on.
The iphone can do both at the same time, which is needed here
2017-11-6
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-6 05:54
If that works, do the update process again, only when in wifi connection to Spark, have mobil data on.

I don’t think I can do that either.  The spark doesn’t respond to any activity.  Ie to reset the wifi, you mean turn on, then press the button for 6 or so seconds until you hear the beep ?   Well if I do that, it never beeps...even after 30 + seconds.     Unless there is another way to reset it ?
2017-11-6
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-6 05:54

And yes, you were right, the device I tried to update with, didn’t have 4g/mobile data.   I didn’t think that was required....but now you mention it, it makes sense.   Still wouldn’t have thought it would cause this kind of problem though :-(
2017-11-6
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

So i’ve Noticed that if the spark is off, then I don’t see in the menus an option to see Aircraft version number.

However if the spark is on (and the radio), then the Aircraft description is there, but says “version unknown”

So it does seem that the remote/go4 is detecting when the spark is on, but can’t read the data.

I suspect when I reset the spark, it’s corrupted the firmware.
2017-11-6
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Cookster670 Posted at 2017-11-6 06:24
So i’ve Noticed that if the spark is off, then I don’t see in the menus an option to see Aircraft version number.

However if the spark is on (and the radio), then the Aircraft description is there, but says “version unknown”

Looks like it needs to go to DJI!

https://forum.dji.com/thread-101312-1-1.html
2017-11-6
Use props
Lian82
lvl.4
Flight distance : 796775 ft
Italy

same problem my friend with your Spark .

i have your spark and try try with all and ALL program in the world not only DJI Assistan
and not work :C

2017-11-6
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-6 07:35
Looks like it needs to go to DJI!

https://forum.dji.com/thread-101312-1-1.html

yeah. It seems that way.  Really bummed.  I dont know how long that process will take, but i”m worried as I bought this to take away in January to New Zealand..

Thanks for trying to help S-e-ven, much appreciated.

Not happy with this update process at all....I work in IT.  I’ve done countless firmware updates before and well aware of the risks, but never had an issue.  The unit told me it was completed at 99% !
2017-11-6
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Although it is too late in your case, I would strongly recommend to do firmware updates with DJI Assistant as first choice because it is much safer and faster too (except for the RC, which can only be updated via WiFi so far).
2017-11-6
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-6 13:22
Athough it is too late in your case, I would strongly recommend to do firmware updates with DJI Assistant as first choice because it is much safer and faster too (except for the RC, which can only be updated via WiFi so far).

yep...like most men....i did the research AFTER i had the problem. lol.   
2017-11-6
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Cookster670 Posted at 2017-11-6 13:56
yep...like most men....i did the research AFTER i had the problem. lol.

Have you tried using a different battery and connecting it to DJI assistant 2.

Have you tried DJI Assistant on a PC, the OSX version is a bit tempermental with the drivers.
When you connect the spark to the pc without turning it on, is it recognised in explorer or the device manager ?
Try opening up DJI Assistant 2 before connecting an powering the spark, so that it can load the drivers

2017-11-6
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

lannes Posted at 2017-11-6 14:11
Have you tries DJI Assistant on a PC
When you connect the spark to the pc without turning it on, is it recognised in explore or the device manager ?

Yep.  Tried 3 batteries.
Yep (on a Mac, not PC though)
When I plug in the USB, I do get access to the SD card, but DJI Assitant2 does not detect anything has been plugged in)
2017-11-6
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

lannes Posted at 2017-11-6 14:11
Have you tries DJI Assistant on a PC
When you connect the spark to the pc without turning it on, is it recognised in explore or the device manager ?

If the Spark is connected to a PC without being switched on, it cannot be recognised.
2017-11-6
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-6 14:23
If the Spark is connected to a PC without being switched on, it cannot be recognised.

Yes, the OP knows that, I was checking on the USB drivers loading properly
2017-11-6
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Cookster670 Posted at 2017-11-6 14:23
Yep.  Tried 3 batteries.
Yep (on a Mac, not PC though)
When I plug in the USB, I do get access to the SD card, but DJI Assitant2 does not detect anything has been plugged in)

When the you turn on the spark, what are the battery lights doing, are they just green an on in order or are they flashing with the middle 2 on

Does the fan also power up when you turn it on
Have you tired both methods of relinking the spark to controller

2017-11-6
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

lannes Posted at 2017-11-6 14:31
When the you turn on the spark, what are the battery lights doing, are they just green an on in order or are they flashing with the middle 2 on

Does the fan also power up when you turn it on

Fan goes on.

green in order.  Then 3rd one flashes, so looks normal.  (not that I paid much attention to the battery lights other than knowing the charge state)

Also, when I try connect via phone and start dgi go4 app.  It checks for latest version and confirms it's at the latest version.  But when you go into About from the app, it says "aircraft - version unknown"
2017-11-6
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Cookster670 Posted at 2017-11-6 14:35
Fan goes on.

green in order.  Then 3rd one flashes, so looks normal.  (not that I paid much attention to the battery lights other than knowing the charge state)

So what happens when you enter the device, does the drone telemetry info appear in the app ?
2017-11-6
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

lannes Posted at 2017-11-6 14:44
So what happens when you enter the device, does the drone telemetry info appear in the app ?

Nope.  No camera display. No battery info.  The status is blank.  Ie doesn’t say Connected OR Disconnected..   

It seems like it knows something is there, but not what
2017-11-6
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

Finally got onto DJI support.   It looks like it's bricked and has to go to repair centre.  Good news is the repair centre is only 10 minutes from me.

Thanks for everyone's attempts to try help.  Next time, I'll use DJI Assistant to do the update.
2017-11-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Cookster670 Posted at 2017-11-6 16:38
Finally got onto DJI support.   It looks like it's bricked and has to go to repair centre.  Good news is the repair centre is only 10 minutes from me.

Thanks for everyone's attempts to try help.  Next time, I'll use DJI Assistant to do the update.

Before sending back for repair, do you have another PC? Please download the latest DJI Assistant 2 in the PC and connect your spark again. If it doesn't work, I believe that our support will help you solve the problem.
2017-11-6
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-6 20:23
Before sending back for repair, do you have another PC? Please download the latest DJI Assistant 2 in the PC and connect your spark again. If it doesn't work, I believe that our support will help you solve the problem.

Was worth a try, but still no luck.  INstalled Assistant 2 on a Windows 10 PC.   Windows detected a device was attached when I plugged in the spark, but Assistant did not.

Will be taking it to a repair centre tomorrow.  The only break i’ve had in this saga is that it turns out the repair centre is just up the road from where I live.
2017-11-7
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Cookster670 Posted at 2017-11-7 04:08
Was worth a try, but still no luck.  INstalled Assistant 2 on a Windows 10 PC.   Windows detected a device was attached when I plugged in the spark, but Assistant did not.

Will be taking it to a repair centre tomorrow.  The only break i’ve had in this saga is that it turns out the repair centre is just up the road from where I live.

" The only break i’ve had in this saga is that it turns out the repair centre is just up the road from where I live."

You are still really lucky! Maybe the Admins from the forum can get you a "little help", so that you can bring it in and pick it up an hour later?
2017-11-7
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-7 04:46
" The only break i’ve had in this saga is that it turns out the repair centre is just up the road from where I live."

You are still really lucky! Maybe the Admins from the forum can get you a "little help", so that you can bring it in and pick it up an hour later?

That would be awesome if the Admins could do that, but i’m guessing I will just go into the queue.  I was planning on taking it away with me this weekend for a getaway with friends...but resigned to the fact that won’t happen.
2017-11-7
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

The device has been replaced now via DJi Service.     

From the point I logged the incident it was less than a week.  Logged Tuesday, Fixed Friday.    (It did help that I live close so the repair centre so could drop the device off)

Irrespective, while i’m not happy with the reason for the service (unreliable firmware update process), I cannot fault their service model

2017-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules