689 5 2017-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Pilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22890 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I received this brand new P4 Pro yesterday and noticed just now that it seems like there is a bit missing on the upper ring on the gimbal. Its definetely not a big piece, but if it should not suppose to be like this then its not okay even though its a small piece. Who knows what other problems there might be if this is not how its suppose to be.
I have been looking at some pictures online of the P4 Pro and i can´t see that other P4 Pro´s have this same thing.

So is this normal, or do you guys don´t have this on yours?

Gimbal_piece_missing-3.jpg

Gimbal piece missing-4.jpg
Gimbal piece missing-4.jpg
Gimbal_piece_missing-3.jpg
2017-11-8
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Good eye!  I have s P4, and it's not on mine.  Think you should check further into this for sure.
2017-11-8
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I have a P4Pro and don't have anything like that. I don't think it is something missing, it looks like something nicked it when it was being assembled. I don't think that little cutout should be there.
2017-11-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Checked with our engineers, it will not affect the normal usage. No worries.
2017-11-9
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

It looks like a chip occurred at some point in the manufacturing or boxing of this P4P. I have to wonder if that chipped off piece is somewhere inside the gimbal waiting for the right move to lodge it into a spot that will cause the gimbal to malfunction at a later time....like after the warranty expires. I would make sure the DJI generates a record of this potential problem so that you might be covered if or when this malfunction takes place and be sure that you receive a copy of the record for your records.  
2017-11-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-11-8 07:14
Good eye!  I have s P4, and it's not on mine.  Think you should check further into this for sure.

It appears to be a very minor blemish in the moulding and nothing that would make any difference to the functioning of the gimbal.
Go and fly and enjoy it and stop looking at multiple magnified images of something-nothing.
2017-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules