Aircraft blinks yellow....nothing connection with remote
23766 14 2015-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dmx11523
lvl.1

United States

So $3100 into this nightmare of a product and I've flow it 2 times.  1st Time the firmware caused an issue that ended with a torn ribbon cable and I just now after 3 months got new ribbon cables from Amazon since DJI is too defective in their ways to send or have some availible for purchase.
Now I power the aircraft up and get blinking yellow light....anyone know what I can do about this?
Trying a firmware update via the directions on the website but that hasn't worked.  the TXT file says "failed"

Fails to fly, fails to install firmware as I followed exactly their instructions, fail to have parts availible or repair service or even maybe a response to an email.  
What the hell are you trying to do DJI?  This is embarassing how horrible this is.

2015-4-10
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

I thought yellow means that you now have to calibrate the compass so that you will get it to go green after it finds GPS signals.
2015-4-10
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry you are having trouble. Use Dundee's instructions for updating the firmware. It is easy to follow. Make sure you format the micro SD chip using FAT as default.
link:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en

Yellow led light means you need to update or calibrate compass....
hope this helps
2015-4-10
Use props
dmx11523
lvl.1

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-4-11 09:17
Sorry you are having trouble. Use Dundee's instructions for updating the firmware. It is easy to fol ...

I did...I followed his about 9 times.   He did do a great job..  but no luck.  I'm using the memory card that came with it, a San Disk 4gb and 8gb just to try something else.  I've freshly formatted the cards a bunch, I'm used a fresh download each time.  I get beep beep beep for 20 minutes, the next thing is long beep and I take out the memory card and it says " fail "   Yellow light blinks blinks and blinks.  
I've tried the small red link button too...it's as if the craft and the remote can't see each other

. (NOTE TO DJI, You guys should hire dundee to make some guides for you, DJI stuff is horribly done)
2015-4-11
Use props
dmx11523
lvl.1

United States

CrabHawk Posted at 2015-4-11 09:10
I thought yellow means that you now have to calibrate the compass so that you will get it to go gree ...

I thought so...the app doesn't see the craft at all....I think it's something deeper...I'm so disappointed in this thing I'm real close to forcing them to take it back via credit card chargeback.
2015-4-11
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

dmx11523 Posted at 2015-4-12 09:47
I did...I followed his about 9 times.   He did do a great job..  but no luck.  I'm using the memor ...

I don't know if this is the same issue: look at this link and the repair file information below:
Link:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en

directions were format usb, download the gs file, run it on it's own...i did just that and in minutes got a red LED and RC was upgraded.  there was never any beeping or other noise associated with an upgrade.  also their instructions then said to run the original upgarde bin file again but i checked before doing so (since the LED was red) and the usb had a text file indicating the upgrade was succesful so i did not run the original file again (and they confirmed that was ok).  flight tested with both RCs and all was fine

gs_ofdm.bin file  

Dundee's link:
Get it from my site.

Note : format your SD and copy the FW onto it.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0 ... 5RzlzX00/edit?pli=1
2015-4-11
Use props
chriztrax
New

United States

For those who can't pair your remote with the inspire after updating the inspire, make sure your remote is also updated to the latest firmware before pairing.  I wasted 1hr of my life trying to figure out why my RC was not pairing with the drone and constant blinking yellow light.  Turns out you cannot pair a remote with a drone if the firmware on each device is not matching.  FYI hope it helps some of you.  
2015-8-22
Use props
notraps
New

United States

Chriztrax would you mind letting me know how you resolved this?  I had a success with my recent aircraft update and when I went into the app to update the controller the update failed.  Now my yellow light is flashing and i have no communication between the controller and the craft.  I also cannot update the controller via usb.  Any thoughts
2016-3-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

notraps Posted at 2016-3-19 01:57
Chriztrax would you mind letting me know how you resolved this?  I had a success with my recent airc ...

Sorry if you are having an issue, that post is 7 months old.Here is how to manuall bind.
And in the general setting page, what is your RC and aircraft firmware version?
Inspire manual bind.jpg
2016-3-18
Use props
notraps
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-18 12:49
Sorry if you are having an issue, that post is 7 months old.Here is how to manuall bind.
And in th ...

Thanks DJI Ken.  I've attempted the manual bind...unfortunately without luck.

I came from firmware v.1.6.0.40  The bird and remote were updated and working very well.

This morning I received the upgrade to v1.7.0.90 email.  I updated the bird without issue.

Then I replaced the SD card with one that contained the newest OSMO firmware and I used the X3 to update the OSMO.  At this point the OSMO was functioning properly outside of not displaying video...which i didn't think much of at the moment.

I then replaced the SD card again (with the one that stores media) and reconnected the x3 to the aircraft to check if the video displayed correctly...which it did. The app was notifying me to update the controller.  Which I attempted.

The update for the controller failed through the app and notified me to retry.  I power cycled the controller and now it's pretty close to bricked.  I can turn it off and on, but there are no status beeps upon startup, or change in LED status.  The battery lights show and the status LED is solid blue.  

I've attempted updating and rolling firmware back via USB, but nothing happens on the controller, besides turning off and on.

Any ideas would be great.  I have a ticket in with DJI as well.
2016-3-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

notraps Posted at 2016-3-19 03:21
Thanks DJI Ken.  I've attempted the manual bind...unfortunately without luck.

I came from firmwar ...

When you have the RC powered up and the app on, in the general settings scroll down to about and what does it say for RC. If it says unknown, then you may need to do a hard reset but that is not recommended.
What is your ticket number and I will reply to you from the ticket with instructions.
2016-3-18
Use props
dave
New

United States

having issues myself too. After updating the Inspire pro and the go app the master controller wont connect and also wont connect to the app. It's almost like the USB port on the controller is dead. slave controller updated fine and has control over the camera.
2016-4-30
Use props
dave
New

United States

My issue was solved by ordering and installing a new HDMI port board. My USB port was dead. Now i need to get DJI to replace or repair.
2016-5-1
Use props
sjwilkes1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5043 ft
United Kingdom

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-4-11 02:17
Sorry you are having trouble. Use Dundee's instructions for updating the firmware. It is easy to fol ...

Hi Rich
Thanks for your advice.
All sorted. The file was not in FAT, therefore the controllers could not read it. You do not know how happy i am.

Happy flying.

Stuart Wilkes
2016-5-30
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

sjwilkes1@hotma Posted at 2016-5-30 05:44
Hi Rich
Thanks for your advice.
All sorted. The file was not in FAT, therefore the controllers cou ...

Hi Stuart,

Great news and I am happy you were able to get this going again!

Many happy flights

Rich
2016-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules