Gonna buy a used Spark, what to check?
5328 8 2017-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thewhatever
lvl.2

Lebanon

Hi
I am gonna buy a used Spark next week (budget restriction) and I want to know what are the things to check before paying, what are the known most recurent problems with this drone?
Should I check gestures, connectivity...?
Also if this seller already activated the drone with his username, how to switch the activation into my account?

2017-11-9
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1976736 ft
Greece

Ok first of all.Power up connect your phone see if the gimbal is leveled the image quality is good .Next see if receives good gps signal.Take off and listen the motors .Land and check if the props stop all together if a motor on land stops faster than otthers its a problem.In the end check for shell damage sctathces etc,,,,
2017-11-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If your buying it now, the warranty still stands, check out the body for scuff marks scratches this will tell you very quickly if it was crashed, if this is ok then all the workings inside will be covered by warranty, it’s very easy to check mileage just ask vendor to show you app and ask him to start it and fly it.
2017-11-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You can't switch the activation to your account. It will stay linked to the first owner. That is how DJI designed it apparently
As far as I know this only means you won't get an icon in this forum.
Once you logged in via your account to DJI Go4 and connect to your Spark, it will start recording flight distances.
2017-11-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please note that you can not switch the activation into your account and you can provide us the series number so we can check the activation date for you.
2017-11-9
Use props
Javey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503458 ft
United States

Good advice here
2017-11-9
Use props
Syntraxx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16306 ft

Netherlands

Question . I have bought a spark from some one  and it al works fine , looks as good as new. How can i check the activation date. but more inportantly would it not be better  to have the spark transfered to a new owner ( by serial number or something) : what iff the spark is under warrenty and  something happens...what iff the spark is going to be repaired...will it than  not be send to previous woner instead of me?? how do all this works.. and how can i found out ( al though  it all looks new and shiny ) that the aircraft  hasnt had a crash  minor or not
2018-10-19
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

i would check .. online.. you could probably buy a factory refurb from DJI or a reseller for less than what you are paying .. at least here people are constantly trying to get more for their used DJI stuff than its selling for new.. just because they bought something 2 years ago for a grand doesn't mean its still worth that today.. they just don't get tech depreciation .....
2018-10-19
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

SPARK is the only known DJI device with lesser issues compared with other DJI drones like MAVIC 2 pro or P4 or Inspire .

Issues concerning hardware and software may be resolved quickly with SPARK unline the other drones. Also it has a decent video capture under its arm. It is way more sophisticated and stressful in controlling SPARK flights than other DJI devices becos of its short flight time.
2018-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules