1333 4 2017-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Snow_2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 240443 ft
Australia

Hello everyone,

I bought my Mavic 8 months ago and I am really happy with it.
Yesterday I decided to try "Follow Me" mode for the first time so I went to a wide open area to do that. I put my Mavic in "Follow Me": Height - 11m (36 feet) Distance between me and the Mavic was around 15-20m (49-65 feet) and I clicked "APPLY". I walked straight with 3km/h, the drone was in front of me, and it was keeping the same distance which was great but suddenly my Mavic did something unexpected and very dangerous. It started accelerating its horizontal speed up to 18km/h (11mph) and flew away while I was standing in the same spot.  Few seconds and the drone could have crashed into the trees. However, I pressed the pause button on the controller which executed "Follow Me" mode and put the drone to hover.

I have never been in an emergency situation like this before while I use Active Track.

In point 1 the drone started accelerating
In point 2 I pressed the pause button

Information about the devices
DJI Go4             4.1.3
Aircraft              01.03.0700
iPhone 6S          iOS 10.3.3

I didn't have data on my phone.

This is a video of my track log during the accident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYphNcz98ds

I will be very grateful if somebody can give me an advice.
Thanks in advance.

2017-11-10
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

It is not possible to determine what has happened form the information you have supplied. You will need to upload the flight log to something like PhantomHelp and if that does not show anything, then the dat file from the Mavic may be needed so that it can be analysed.
2017-11-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

So the drone now has no damage on it, right? Had you reported this case to our support? If not yet, please export the data from the drone, send an email to support@dji.com and we will help to do a data analysis which could find out the reason of it.
2017-11-10
Use props
Snow_2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 240443 ft
Australia

Yes, the drone has no damage. Today I tested it again and it works. I have no idea what happened yesterday.  

I will send my request to DJI support.

Thanks
2017-11-10
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good quick thinking to press that pause button. . Not succumbing to panic I'd say helped for sure.
2017-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules