Litchi Mission Hub on Mac
4330 9 2017-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans52080e2d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 332470 ft
United States

I apologize if this is listed somewhere else.  I have been trying to use the Litchi Mission Hub on my Macbook Pro and I know how to add waypoints and points of interest; How do you edit the waypoints and POI, i.e. height, speed, etc, etc?  When I go to the SHORTCUTS at the bottom of the page it just gives a few shortcuts but nothing about how to pull up the pop up menu to edit the waypoints and points of interest.  Thanks in advance!

Ed
2017-11-12
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260384 ft
United States

To move a mission point, left click and hold to drag it wherever you want.  The box that pops up allows altering parameters.  A 2-finger click adds a point of interest.  Again, click and hold to drag around.  The “Altitude” refers to the place the camera is pointing.  A single click on any waypoint or POI brings up the editing window.  
2017-11-12
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
United States

Also, be careful that your last waypoint is your home point.  The RTH is disabled in waypoint missions since you can go beyond your drone’s contact range.  It is scary, but it works great.   Another warning is if you are using radiuses to your curves in the way-point, don’t make them too sharp and fast.  Sometimes it will kill the mission and your bird will just hover until you take control again.  If you are out of range at that time, it will hover until the battery dies!  Experiment with these parameters while close enough for your controller to “see” your drone.
2017-11-12
Use props
closetmonster
lvl.1
United States

bob37 Posted at 2017-11-12 08:14
To move a mission point, left click and hold to drag it wherever you want.  The box that pops up allows altering parameters.  A 2-finger click adds a point of interest.  Again, click and hold to drag around.  The “Altitude” refers to the place the camera is pointing.  A single click on any waypoint or POI brings up the editing window.

Thanks Bob, I'm not having problems moving or adding, I need to edit the parameters for the Waypoint or POI; when I add a waypoint or poi it gives an altitude in the cloud above the point but I want to edit that...
2017-11-12
Use props
closetmonster
lvl.1
United States

Just a quick note, reading my reply the 'THANKS BOB' sounds sarcastic, I should have said, 'thank you for the quick reply'; my apologies if it sounded sarcastic because it was not meant to be
2017-11-12
Use props
closetmonster
lvl.1
United States

bob37 Posted at 2017-11-12 08:20
Also, be careful that your last waypoint is your home point.  The RTH is disabled in waypoint missions since you can go beyond your drone’s contact range.  It is scary, but it works great.   Another warning is if you are using radiuses to your curves in the way-point, don’t make them too sharp and fast.  Sometimes it will kill the mission and your bird will just hover until you take control again.  If you are out of range at that time, it will hover until the battery dies!  Experiment with these parameters while close enough for your controller to “see” your drone.

Good advice and that's precisely what I have been doing.  I have a small field behind my house and I have been setting up missions that are literally 1000ft total distance traveled.  As I fly these practice missions, I know that, at any time, if it looks like the drone is doing something weird (because of something I did wrong setting things up) I can move my switch back to P-mode and take control before things get out of hand.
2017-11-12
Use props
Dockater
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

I do all my planning with Litchi on my iPad. Once you have set up the basics then just tap on any waypoint (mouse click) and you should get a menu as shown in the picture below, you can cycle through all the waypoints (left/right arrows) and adjust any of the parameters. Don’t forget to save regularly, if you get in a mess it might be easier to call up a saved file.

2017-11-12
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
United States

closetmonster Posted at 2017-11-12 08:26
Just a quick note, reading my reply the 'THANKS BOB' sounds sarcastic, I should have said, 'thank you for the quick reply'; my apologies if it sounded sarcastic because it was not meant to be

LOL  I smiled seeing your note, and i interpreted as you intended.  That set o words are among the most easily misunderstood for sure!   

I would try a test mission at top speed, with long radius and a very sharp curve.  Just be sure you are in your test field so you can see your drone stop and hover, giving some error message.  Switch to "P" and you can fly home.  I love Litchi though.  I flew to a lake 1.25 miles from home with no trouble, but for the several minutes with no contact, i was so scared!   A link to that flight is:
2017-11-12
Use props
Araya38
lvl.1

United States

To move a mission point, left click and hold to drag it wherever you want.  The box that pops up allows altering parameters.  A 2-finger click adds a point of interest.  Again, click and hold to drag around.  The “Altitude” refers to the place the camera is pointing.  A single click on any waypoint or POI brings up the editing window.

Bob,  I'm having the same issue.  The little box that is supposed to pop up to let you edit the waypoint does not pop up.  I've been struggling with this for about a week now.  Cant get it to work
2018-2-20
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

May I suggest for all learning to use Litchi...............go to "FlyLitchi.com" and sign up for the free  "Phantom Filmschool". It has a free video tutorial that's shows you several features of the Litchi app and how to make adjustments, etc. I found it very useful. It might answer some of your questions.
2018-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules