Osmo+ and Mavic Battery
986 2 2017-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
logam11
lvl.1
Japan

Anyone powering an Osmo+ with a Mavic battery? During my Osmo+ tests over the past month I've realized that these 980mAh batteries drain super quick. I began looking for a solution that would allow longer run times and not break the bank. I stumbled across the $25 Osmo External Battery Extender (For Mavic Intelligent Flight Battery) combined with the $89 Mavic Intelligent Flight Battery. For $114 I get 3830 mAh of power, which comes to around $0.029/mAh. Compare that to the $42 Osmo Intelligent Battery (1225mAh, High Capacity), which is $0.034/mAh, around a 15% premium over the Mavic battery. More important than the cost savings is the time savings of not having to fiddle around with changing batteries.

The key problem with using a Mavic battery though is somehow mounting it, either to the Osmo or to a user’s wrist.  I cannot find accessories designed for this purpose. I found a Mavic battery belt holder on Thingiverse but I believe there will be a cable length issue. I cannot discern the precise length of the Battery Extender cable as it’s NOT listed on DJI's webpage, but judging from the photo I’m guessing around 30 cm.

A Google search and DJI forum search has proved fruitless. DJI makes incredible products but it seems like they’re moving forward so fast that they’re literally flying over key points like ergonomics. I guess DJI expects shooters to run around with an Osmo in one hand while cupping the Mavic battery in the other hand? That becomes quickly tiring for the arms and shoulders.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

2017-11-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry that we do not have the official accessory to mount the Mavic Intelligent battery during shooting, but what we can provide is the length of cable of Osmo External Battery Extender is 1.2 meters.
We will keep improving our products to make your experience with us better in the future.
2017-11-13
Use props
fansc3c7ca70
New
Australia

How long/much battery time do you get using the mavic battery on the osmo+?
2017-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules