Ground stasion connect!!! HELP!!!!!!!
2115 10 2015-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gherewith
New

Lithuania

Hey, I need to connect my dji phantom 2 vision to ground stasion. How??? How connect it like android? ( without any of that stupid think ) How make just connect ( 2.5Ghz ) wifi ( like android ) to controler and use ground stasion? Also how use joistic to play HELI-X?

P.s. i think i never agen buy dji products.. terible support...
2015-4-11
Use props
nig_smith
Second Officer

United Kingdom

I think you might be confused about the App for the Vision and the App for the Datalink Groundstation. The latter is for the separate Datalink hardware that uses either 2.4GHz or 900MHz. The RF connection does not use a WiFi protocol instead the iPad connects to the ground Tranceiver unit via a Bluetooth link. The ground unit then connects to a separate  transceiver on the craft to convey telemetry and receive the mission waypoints.

Regards

Nidge
2015-4-12
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

Are you talking about the P2 Vision+ or 2.4 MHz datalink? The datalink will only work on a PC or IPad rev 3 or later.
2015-4-12
Use props
gherewith
New

Lithuania

I hawe P2 Vision ( not + ) . How i can control it direct from pc ground stasion ( without datalink,......etc ). I can control it only from android phone ground stasion? ( its work ) but android to small screan so i need control it from loptop ( i buy loptop for that ). I connect my loptop via wifi to my DJI P2 controler and its steal invizible in ground stasion software..
2015-4-13
Use props
gherewith
New

Lithuania

nig_smith@o2.co Posted at 2015-4-12 17:53
I think you might be confused about the App for the Vision and the App for the Datalink Groundstatio ...

Hmm, so how control it from loptop?? Emulate android on loptop only??
2015-4-13
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

You would need the Datalink to use it with the laptop and PC Groundstation version. The Datalink plugs into the laptop using a USB cable. The groundstation software then uses the datalink for communication with the Phantom.
2015-4-14
Use props
dave
New

United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-4-14 22:53
You would need the Datalink to use it with the laptop and PC Groundstation version. The Datalink plu ...

So it is not possible to establish a USB connection directly between PC Ground Station and Phantom?
2015-4-19
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

No. The usb datalink connection is used to transmit the GS waypoints to the Phantom.
2015-4-20
Use props
dave
New

United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-4-20 19:23
No. The usb datalink connection is used to transmit the GS waypoints to the Phantom.

Thank you for your reply. So short of investing $200 to $300 in hardware upgrades, there's no way to upload a mission to the Phantom? Wow. Unbelievable.

So on my v1.1.1 I'd need, what, the upgrade board, iOSD for a CAN Bus port and the BTU, plus the BT DataLink for my PC or iPhone?
2015-4-20
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

I believe you are correct. For just groundstation you need the datalink. It comes with the BTU for use with an IPad. The datalink works on a PC with USB. The IOSD mini is only for telemetry.....battery...altitude...distance info.
2015-4-20
Use props
dave
New

United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-4-21 06:44
I believe you are correct. For just groundstation you need the datalink. It comes with the BTU for u ...

Thanks again for your feedback. Looks like I'm best off just to ditch my P1 and look for a bargain on a P2.
This is disappointing news considering my $230 CX-20 was able to accept Mission Planner input right out of the box.
2015-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules