Return to home in Naza
1246 5 2015-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tom.loader
lvl.1

Canada

I recently switched over to Naza mode on my Phabtom 2 v2. I like the IOC modes!

my only problem is return to home... in Phantom mode I am stil lable to control it, so I can take over when it tries to land, but in Naza mode once it is returning to home I am not able to regain control.

I first discovered this when I attempted to launch from a clearing in some woodland, I turned it on and waited for good GPS, but then decided to launch from a different location, with fewer trees, but I apparently didn't give it sufficient time to acquire a new home possition before launcing. the battery dies sooner than I expected and it went into return to home mode... returning to the wooded area! I wa snot able to regain control, so I had to watch it crash it's self into the trees.

Fortunatly no dammage was done!

I have since discovered that if I use the toggle switch to activate return to home mode and switch back it stays in return to home mode and I am not able to control it.

Is this normal... or do I have somethig set up wrong?

2015-4-11
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

When in NAZA to regain control, switch S1 down to ATTi  and back is all you have to do to regain control..As far as controlling on an RTH, the new firmware only allows you to control orientation etc. during its descent while in RTH..the old software did not allow this...
As for going into RTH, did you have enough height set to clear the trees?
2015-4-11
Use props
tonyray955
lvl.3

United States

I have tried RTH just to see if it works and it was going to land in a bush so I switch from RTH back to gps mode and was able to regain control before it landed.

I really don't know if you can regain control once it's in fail safemode because of low battery.
2015-4-11
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

tonyray955 Posted at 2015-4-12 04:12
I have tried RTH just to see if it works and it was going to land in a bush so I switch from RTH bac ...

Tony
Yes you can, did it twice the other day on both batteries,
Once RTH enabled due to low battery, just S1 down to ATTI and back and you are in control..but not for long..Lol!
2015-4-11
Use props
tonyray955
lvl.3

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-4-12 04:32
Tony
Yes you can, did it twice the other day on both batteries,
Once RTH enabled due to low batter ...

Thanks good to know
2015-4-11
Use props
tom.loader
lvl.1

Canada

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-4-12 02:26
When in NAZA to regain control, switch S1 down to ATTi  and back is all you have to do to regain con ...

Yes, plenty, but then it came down into a tree. I did not seem to have any control once it was returning to home.

I'll have to experiment a bit... away from any trees :-)
2015-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules