Constant Unwanted auto return to home
1852 23 2017-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Artillery
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hello
Im want to know if anyone else has the same issue and if anyone recognises this as a known problem. Ive have stopped using the thing as I just cant rely on it to perform especially if clients are stood there watching.
I find 75% of the time when I launch the Mavic it will decide it needs to return home due to one of a list of reasons. The Wind, Magetism, Interference etc.
it tends to happen as soon as its launched it goes straight into the alarm noise and comes home. Ive found that sometimes if I flick it into beginner mode and then back out that the issue dissappears. Sometimes is dissapears with a reboot. Ive flown it in the middle of the highlands scotland and get warnings of interferance! impossible.
Bottom line is it more likely to do this than not. Any reccomendations welcome.

Thanks
Rich
2017-11-14
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

The Wind, Magetism, Interference etc.

None of those will cause RTH to be initiated. One thing that can, though, is if a connection to the remote controller is lost. The first thing I'd try is re-linking the remote to the aircraft, and a tutorial on how to do that is shown below. The disconnection could also be something as simple as improperly aligned antennae or needing to put your mobile device into airplane mode during the flight.

If none of that fixes the problem, you should upload the flight log (TXT file) from your mobile device to PhantomHelp and provide a link to it in this thread using these instructions.

If that still doesn't reveal the cause the last option -- and the one most likely to produce a definitive answer -- is to retrieve the DAT file (a different flight log stored on the aircraft itself), upload it to DropBox, and provide a link to it here. The instructions for retrieving it are here, and the correct file will have a date and time corresponding to when the flight occurred and will be tens or hundreds of megabytes in size. If you aren't sure which is the correct one then include any that you think might be the right one.

2017-11-14
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please ensure that your have a good GPS signal and over 6 satellites to record the home point successfully. Any other error message from your app? When did it happen?
2017-11-18
Use props
Artillery
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks for the tips above. Sorry for the late reply. Ive been away working. Ive found the txt files from some flights I did today that had the same issue again! It looks like jargon to me though? Ive followed your instructions but not sure where that will be sent...
2018-1-30
Use props
Artillery
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-11-14 07:20

None of those will cause RTH to be initiated. One thing that can, though, is if a connection to the remote controller is lost. The first thing I'd try is re-linking the remote to the aircraft, and a tutorial on how to do that is shown below. The disconnection could also be something as simple as improperly aligned antennae or needing to put your mobile device into airplane mode during the flight.

ill have to post a few logs as Im not sure which was the issue flight.
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/39RR02ZDYKKHYRJ4KH8V/
2018-1-30
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

LOL, DJI strikes again!
2018-1-30
Use props
Artillery
lvl.1
United Kingdom

None of those will cause RTH to be initiated. One thing that can, though, is if a connection to the remote controller is lost. The first thing I'd try is re-linking the remote to the aircraft, and a tutorial on how to do that is shown below. The disconnection could also be something as simple as improperly aligned antennae or needing to put your mobile device into airplane mode during the flight.

THIS IS IT,
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/JD03F68PEPTTEWSGZLH8/

you can see in the messages that it constantly kept entering RTH - Id cancel it and it would do it again automatically! for the small moment it gives you out of RTH I could try and fly home manually until RTH kicked in again.
2018-1-30
Use props
Artillery
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Here is a DAT file that seems to be from the App.
https://we.tl/NFDEub1YSt
2018-1-30
Use props
Artillery
lvl.1
United Kingdom

here is the DAT file from the App.
https://we.tl/NFDEub1YSt
2018-1-30
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Bulldog Posted at 2018-1-30 07:40
LOL, DJI strikes again!

How about you cut all your negativ crap Bulldog..?
My advice is that you solve your problems in a thread of your own, rather than spamming someone else.
2018-1-30
Use props
Artillery
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Bulldog Posted at 2018-1-30 07:40
LOL, DJI strikes again!

very helpful.
2018-1-30
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

FlyDK Posted at 2018-1-30 07:59
How about you cut all your negativ crap Bulldog..?
My advice is that you solve your problems in a thread of your own, rather than spamming someone else.

Negative? My own thread?.......G I wish I would of thought of that first...........
2018-1-30
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Bad/stuck RTH button on the remote?

Have you tried flying in WiFI mode to rule out problems with the remote?
2018-1-30
Use props
Artillery
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-1-30 10:55
Bad/stuck RTH button on the remote?

Have you tried flying in WiFI mode to rule out problems with the remote?

Ive just re- paired it and about to test the flight.
I will try the wifi mode but unsure what this requires to do this? flick the switch and then what?
2018-1-31
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Artillery Posted at 2018-1-31 02:59
Ive just re- paired it and about to test the flight.
I will try the wifi mode but unsure what this requires to do this? flick the switch and then what?

Flick the switch, connect to and control the aircraft from just your mobile device. Good luck.
2018-1-31
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

Look at all that help from DJI your getting........ It's amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2018-1-31
Use props
Artillery
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Bulldog Posted at 2018-1-31 04:57
Look at all that help from DJI your getting........ It's amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't ask DJI. Now get off my thread you looser
2018-1-31
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

Where did I say you did? Why are you calling me names? It's ok, I would be butt hurt too. Try to take deep breaths.......... Inhale, exhale....... Repeat.

2018-1-31
Use props
Artillery
lvl.1
United Kingdom

please can I ask you kindly to stop dropping litter when Im trying to get help from other users. You are not being helpful and merely mudding the forum and making it harder for me or anyone else looking to help each other. No more comments please
2018-1-31
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

Deep breaths man....... Deep breaths..........

You asked me kindly? Are you smoking crack? You called me a looser. NOt sure where you are from, that that isn't being nice to somebody..........

FYI, I have started 4 threads, have had hundreds of replies, and no help. It's not me that isn't allowing you to get help. Wake up, and stop blaming me. Good luck. I will leave your thread as requested. Good luck with your problems. I know how frustrating it can be. Really a shame DJI treats their customers this way, isn't it?
I am sure with how nice you are, and how helpful DJI is, this will be fixed in no time..........SARCASIM!

2018-1-31
Use props
duke123
lvl.3
Flight distance : 78930 ft
United States

Artillery Posted at 2018-1-31 05:29
please can I ask you kindly to stop dropping litter when Im trying to get help from other users. You are not being helpful and merely mudding the forum and making it harder for me or anyone else looking to help each other. No more comments please

Bulldog is a JERK for sure
2018-1-31
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

Jerk, or "looser". Not sure what I have done to deserve the looser comment. I wear clothes that fit........... My muscles are tight........ Maybe he meant loser........? Who knows.

Why all the name calling guys? I keep trying to leave, but you keep calling me names.  Or try to insult me like the OP.
2018-1-31
Use props
Vincent.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459738 ft
United States

Bulldog Posted at 2018-1-31 06:29
Jerk, or "looser". Not sure what I have done to deserve the looser comment. I wear clothes that fit........... My muscles are tight........ Maybe he meant loser........? Who knows.

Why all the name calling guys? I keep trying to leave, but you keep calling me names.  Or try to insult me like the OP.

You seem kind of salty
2018-1-31
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

If I were a snail I would be mush.
Sorry to the OP, people in your thread keep addressing me. So I am responding.
2018-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules