Follow feature
1661 12 2015-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dennis
lvl.3
United States

Any body out there use this ? what were the results.
2015-4-11
Use props
tpallai
lvl.4

United States

I don't think this feature has been released.  I think DJI is going to let developers incorporate this when the Inspire SDK is releases (I was told by DJI the SDK will be released very soon).
2015-4-11
Use props
bornish
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91447 ft
United Arab Emirates

tpallai Posted at 2015-4-12 05:04
I don't think this feature has been released.  I think DJI is going to let developers incorporate th ...

SDK for Inspire 1? Was that from an official source? Could they be more specific about what "soon" means (min-max range)?
2015-4-11
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

bornish@gmail.c Posted at 2015-4-12 15:11
SDK for Inspire 1? Was that from an official source? Could they be more specific about what "soon" ...

Could DJI be more specific?
2015-4-11
Use props
ausidcstaff
lvl.2

United States

LOL specific is word DJI doesn't understand much like customer support/service.
2015-4-12
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

Follow mode on the app to hold  forward in flight , FPV mode locks the cam somewhat but has stability in flight, in Free mode my camera acts like a follow mode or point of interest sort of staying on where I have the cam pointed as the bird changes direction and altitude, Recenter mode returns  the cam nose forward of bird . This is what I've expeirienced testing all four modes. Any one else ?
2015-4-13
Use props
baron.oishi.gma
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2456043 ft
Canada

Do you mean gimbal ' follow mode ' or follow me around feature?
2015-4-13
Use props
dennis
lvl.3
United States

daver/m Posted at 2015-4-14 05:23
Follow mode on the app to hold  forward in flight , FPV mode locks the cam somewhat but has stabilit ...

Ok thanks for that, I will play with it and experience it for myself.
2015-4-13
Use props
bornish
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91447 ft
United Arab Emirates

dennis@aerialpe Posted at 2015-4-14 09:12
Ok thanks for that, I will play with it and experience it for myself.

Dennis,
I would not compare the Follow mode with the Free mode but instead with the Fixed mode and below will try to explain why.
Lets say you are not planning to rotate the camera around Z-axis and always keep it looking at the front of the I1. To "see" around the I1 you would rotate the aircraft instead of the camera. In this scenario, the difference between the Follow mode and Fixed mode is that the camera will "follow" the aircraft rotation instead of moving "with" the aircraft rotation. Thus, a smoother rotation of the camera is achieved in Follow mode when rotating the I1.
Hope this helped.
Regards,
Bogdan
2015-4-13
Use props
dennis
lvl.3
United States

bornish@gmail.c Posted at 2015-4-14 13:38
Dennis,
I would not compare the Follow mode with the Free mode but instead with the Fixed mode and ...

Yes it does thanks.
2015-4-13
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

Dennis,
I would not compare the Follow mode with the Free mode but instead with the Fixed mode and ...

That was what I thought I said , follow nose forward gimbal in full stability, fpv mode gimbal somewhat locked . and the free mode when I hovered and point the camera at one target and then I flew backward  rotating the bird  a little the camera stayed pointed at that same target until I rotated the bird too much , like poi ? Or ? Return cam forward is programmed to the right back button . So is the free mode for ?
2015-4-15
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

Dennis,

Well I never said you want to use free mode to fly with normally ,just the way it seemed to stay on a target , poi ?
Follow or fpv are fixed forward that's right ! if you want to see what's in front of you when flying always made sense to me ... Dji didnt choose the camera mode of operation words to well for the app. But they work as they do.
2015-4-15
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

Dennis,

Fixed mode ? No nothing locks the camera completely from the gimbals stabilization it does hold the horizon more still in fpv I believe , looks more like flying when played back ...I don't use fpv much anyways ....
2015-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules