Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Thisvca
New
Flight distance : 23504 ft
Brazil

Hello friends,

Firstly I will introduce myself:
I am from Brazil, I build and I have racing drones for more than a year.
So I already have familiarity with the RC and quad flight, although a low rank in the DJI.

Well I bought a DJI. The Spark Fly More Combo.
And I did a few flights in wide open areas with it but I started to face problems and I did not find another post on this subject.

What is happening is this:

After taking off in p-gps, normal mode, 10+ satellites, 99% batteries, set home point etc, I position the drone to take some photos.
I switch camera mode and start recording a video.
Everything seems to be happening well, with rotating and tilting movements within the expected (but actually things are no longer well, I explain below) ...
Finally, when clicking to end the video that is being recorded, the problems are highlighted:

First: still during the recording the battery stops decaying, getting static in percentage value (it took me a while to realize this).
By clicking on it all information fields are written "N / A".
Second: Through the app the drone don't event want to stop recording, even by pressing the control button or the virtual button many times, continuing with red dot on the app, blinking and the timer running (the file of the recording ends on the first touch but this information does not go to the app).
Third: Almost immediately the drone changes the green In-Flight (GPS) line to a dreaded red line with the words "No Signal" and the general screen changes to a sepia tone ("the sepia tone of death").
Fourth: Some 1 to 3 seconds and a frame informs the message: "Image transmission lost. Return home now?"

OBVIOUS!! I tell myself, already beginning to pray to have the drone again!

And the screen is flashing but "No Signal" is highlighted.

And for now Spark has returned to the launch point ... this has already occurred 5 times (two were testing), but since the second I'm worried.
I do not want to lose (read Flyaway) this "investment" and I do not want it to fall on people.
Today I made videos of children playing a soccer championship. Just imagine the tragedy and panic ...

The Spark is upgraded .0701, batteries too and upgraded .0401 control (I think that's the FW of it).

With the old FW (.0601) I had made movies without the signal problem.

From potential solutions I tested:
1.Repeat the procedure with other batteries: same error occurs.
2. Format card (Samsung 64gb U3) by application: same error occurs.
3. Turn Spark On without a memory card and restart it with the card: Same error.
4. Replace card with another (Samsung 32GB U1): Same error.
5. Empty cache: Same error.

OMG...

I have recorded three flights on phone where this occurs.
Suggestion were to show them???

Thanks
Thiago

Screenshot_2017-11-17-22-05-33.png
Screenshot_2017-11-17-22-05-18.png
Screenshot_2017-11-17-22-03-47.png

No Signal

No Signal
2017-11-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Did you use OTG cable at that time? How far did you fly your drone? Please export the flight data for further analysis. Thanks for your support.
2017-11-17
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

You are using the OTG cable, right?
What is the device?
Can you use another one, for testing?

In my experience it looks like, the connection loss is 'only' the video feed.
"imge transmission lost"
Aand therefore most of the app.
Since the "RTH now" tells you, you still have a RC-AC connection. In case you experience this in close sight, you can fly your bird back by yourself.
But pushing the RTH button on the RC will do the trick, too.

I think, if video feed goes, DJI is assuming worst case, out of direct sight.
Only unlike with Compass loss, where it switches off the GPS, it let you decide, if you want/can fly the bird directly home or around by yourself.
2017-11-17
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Please also inform, which version of the App on which platform (Android or iOS) you are using. The problems you are facing are not very common and could indeed be related to the device you are using.
2017-11-18
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

I get that "no signal" sometimes, but I always attributed it to my very old phone not being able to handle the app properly. The RC remains in control of the AC.
But I too encounter the issue of the photo/video buttons not functioning. Surprisingly, if I land and take off again, they go back into business. So that's a bug.
2017-11-18
Use props
Thisvca
New
Brazil

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-17 19:41
Did you use OTG cable at that time? How far did you fly your drone? Please export the flight data for further analysis. Thanks for your support.

Hello Elektra, please to meet you

A do use OTG cable, at all times. Also put phone on airplane mode and position on.
The most far is the log i'll put below, 430m (1410ft), straight line above water. I usually fly it less than 200m.
A exported the .txt file of the 430m flight. I'll reply with the others soon (i need first to find what is what). Do you need the DAT (380MB+) file? Black Box?

well, here:
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/NCZDK67YJOT2JVSP4LGH/

I did not flight recently because of raining...

regards,
Thiago Smith
2017-11-22
Use props
Thisvca
New
Brazil

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-17 21:14
You are using the OTG cable, right?
What is the device?
Can you use another one, for testing?

Hello friend,

OTG cable, yes. Airplane mode and position On.
Samsung Galaxy S5
I'll try my wife's phone over the weekend; Motorola G4...

Regards
2017-11-22
Use props
Thisvca
New
Brazil

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-18 01:18
Please also inform, which version of the App on which platform (Android or iOS) you are using. The problems you are facing are not very common and could indeed be related to the device you are using.

Hello,

Replying:
Go 4 app: 4.1.15
Android 6.0 on a Samsung Galaxy S5
Offline mode and Position On during flights.
Lots of free space on phone and SD card.

Regards,
2017-11-22
Use props
sibu
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

Definitely the SPARK current version has issues with Wifi disconnection, RC disconnect in mid air and bad video signal within 20 meters ! !

Is there any use of a drone without these primary functions ))
2017-11-22
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Thinking on my latest experience, I think you should check 4.1.14 on your Samsung S5

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... o-4-4-1-14-release/

There are also .15 abnd .18, now.
Anyway, if you dont have the DJI go4 on your wifes phone, it will be almost certain the 4.1.18.
Which can get you in trouble if using the cable.
2017-11-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Thisvca Posted at 2017-11-22 15:49
Hello Elektra, please to meet you

A do use OTG cable, at all times. Also put phone on airplane mode and position on.

Please upload your flight data to dropbox instead. Thanks for your cooperation.
2017-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules