Can't Upgrade Controller Firmware
2695 6 2017-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Darnel
New
Canada

I'm trying to upgrade my P3A controller(GL300A) from 1.3.20 to 1.9.3 with the DJI app. The new firmware downloads ok and starting the upgrade, the light on the controller turns blue and the unit starts beeping. The progress bar never moves and after about 20 seconds or so, the app shows "Failed to Upgrade". The light on the controller stays blue and the beeping continues. I've tried it multiple times from both my iPhone and my iPad. I've tried reinstalling the app on both devices, but I get the same results. I've also tried putting the firmware .bin file(and nothing else) on a USB key and plugging that directly into the remote. Nothing happens when I turn on the controller and no new .txt files are written. I've also tried putting only the .bin file on the mini SD card in the camera and plugging the controller into the camera. Again, nothing happens. I'm pretty stumped. Has anyone had and solved this issue?
2017-11-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Please turn off the RC, hold the C1, C2, Record button and toggle the ISO dial at the same time, then turn on the RC, and connect it with APP. I'll attach the tutorial video for double check. Please let us know whether it helps.

2017-11-20
Use props
Darnel
New
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-20 00:16
Please turn off the RC, hold the C1, C2, Record button and toggle the ISO dial at the same time, then turn on the RC, and connect it with APP. I'll attach the tutorial video for double check. Please let us know whether it helps.

That worked great. I had to re-link the RC to the aircraft after the upgrade, but that went smooth and it's all working fine now. Thanks!
2017-11-20
Use props
Captain Uncreat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45489 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-20 00:16

https://youtu.be/PfWixVdZkbc

Hey Susan,
I have the same thing, but that trick didn't work.  Initially I downloaded from the application, seemed to work, but now it's just red light.  Within the app it's saying the firmware is "latest firmware!" and all my attempts to update do not work, but the RC will not connect to aircraft anymore.   The camera screen is black, and connection is weak, etc.  My firmware update to the aircraft was successful, seems that the broken part here is the RC with red light, yes??  I've tried multiple attempts to update new firmware to RC via USB; USB>SDcard; application.  Help?
Thanks,
David
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Captain Uncreat Posted at 2017-11-20 18:13
Hey Susan,
I have the same thing, but that trick didn't work.  Initially I downloaded from the application, seemed to work, but now it's just red light.  Within the app it's saying the firmware is "latest firmware!" and all my attempts to update do not work, but the RC will not connect to aircraft anymore.   The camera screen is black, and connection is weak, etc.  My firmware update to the aircraft was successful, seems that the broken part here is the RC with red light, yes??  I've tried multiple attempts to update new firmware to RC via USB; USB>SDcard; application.  Help?
Thanks,

Have you tried to relink the RC to the drone? Here is a video for your reference.
2017-11-21
Use props
Captain Uncreat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45489 ft
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-11-21 01:32
Have you tried to relink the RC to the drone? Here is a video for your reference. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNIqifYefow&list=PL8-vxWY64sBMWJEBFEM6Jc_nLk0zfyPtS&index=13

OK, that worked.
Everything is updated and functioning, thank you!
2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Captain Uncreat Posted at 2017-11-26 05:49
OK, that worked.
Everything is updated and functioning, thank you!

Glad to hear that, enjoy the drone, happy flying!
2017-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules