Anyone else have jello video on P4Pro?! Send back or !?
1361 9 2017-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JeffInCanada
lvl.2
Flight distance : 264157 ft
Canada

I received my drone last year at this time (original purchase was Nov15)

All was fine, then one day it dropped from the sky.   DJI Case. CAS-799839-G5F6H1 .  Anyhow, they repaired the fall under warranty as it was deemed it was nothingj I did (It literally just dropped)  

Since I have gotten it back, I have mainly shot photos but I recently tried some videos and I had terrible jello effect.  My previous videos never had this issue.  Is there something I can tweak or adjust?!?  I have two issues with sending it to DJI.  My warranty expired on the 15th when I ordered it (althought I didnt receive it until closer to December 2016 in the mail) and it took them 2 months last time to fix it and send it back.  The support was tough to deal with and they werent in any major hurry until I complained and even then.

I have adjusted my shutter speeds.  I have calibrated IMU/Gimball/Compass, and still it records jello like video (I can attach a sample to a youtube clip)

Anyone else have this experience?!?  Any easy at home fixes or does DJI need to tweak something?!  Ive already been without the drone for 2 months, I guess I'll have to wait again until spring if I send it in for repair (that could cost me how much)

Thanks for any help/suggestions!
2017-11-20
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Knock on wood... Nothing yet since it was released! Probably you got a LEMON!
2017-11-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Please post a video clip of the jello effect.
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are sorry to hear the drone still has the problem after repair, could you please help us to verify the following info?
1. Did you fly against wind? Was the wind strong?
2. Have your checked if the vibration absorbing board is mounted properly.
3. Did you fully push the stick?
4. Please check if the firmware has been up to date?
Could you please post the link of sample clip in Youtube here?
2017-11-20
Use props
JeffInCanada
lvl.2
Flight distance : 264157 ft
Canada

Here is a quick clip (currently uploading, its small but look in the lower right at full screen and you get a better idea)

2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I'm sorry for the inconvenience first. Per the case log of last repair, the drone has been tested and worked well at that time, so the local team shipped it around 23rd August. Regarding the jello video, please upload some original videos for better assistance, thanks!
2017-11-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

JeffInCanada Posted at 2017-11-20 18:59
Here is a quick clip (currently uploading, its small but look in the lower right at full screen and you get a better idea)

Yes, there is definitely some jello there, just perceptible when the image is still but becomes less obvious when it starts to move. Jello is caused by the camera vibrating, so the first thing to do is check if it is vibrating when on a bench top. No need to run the motors, just power it up and gently touch the gimbal to see if it is vibrating.

If not, then put the aircraft in a hover over your head, reach up and gently touch the landing skids to see if it is vibrating. If so, give some thought to balancing the props. If no success there, then it may be best to send it back for further repair.

2017-11-20
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

"My warranty expired on the 15th when I ordered it (althought I didnt receive it until closer to December 2016 in the mail)"
I don't know the Canadian rules but it is my understanding that your warranty in DJI terms start when you register the devices and under no circumstances before you even has received it?
2017-11-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Do you have a spare set of props?
I know some users had similar issues that were gone when 1 prop was replaced.
2017-11-20
Use props
Mactech
lvl.2
United States

After installing the beta firmware to fix the gimbal calibration stopping at 50% I noticed this problem.   I never had this problem before, the gimbal still makes a slight noise and it gets warm after the beta firmware update.
2017-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules