Aircraft Motor Overload
2336 25 2017-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans463c6a99
lvl.1
United States

Anyone have a fix for "Aircraft Motor Overload. Check whether gimbal clamp is removed." on a Mavic?The physical gimbal is acting bazzar, moving up and down left to right. The controller has no effect when trying to move the gimbal. Before I send it in for repairs, anyone have suggestions?

2017-11-21
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

I would think
Aircraft Motor Overload" would refer to the main motors, not the gimbal.  I think I've seen a "Gimbal Motor Overload", but the reference to checking the gimbal clamp points in that direction.  Make  sure the gimbal   is properly aligned in it's vibration supports and try a gimbal calibration.
2017-11-21
Use props
fans463c6a99
lvl.1
United States

Griffith Posted at 2017-11-21 08:13
I would think
Aircraft Motor Overload" would refer to the main motors, not the gimbal.  I think I've seen a "Gimbal Motor Overload", but the reference to checking the gimbal clamp points in that direction.  Make  sure the gimbal   is properly aligned in it's vibration supports and try a gimbal calibration.

Thank you for your reply.
There is no substance obstructing the motors.
The gimbal base that is on my Mavic hangs freely. Look at the pics, is this right?

2017-11-21
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

Can't tell from the photos, But do you have a lens filter installed. And to clarify, is it an Aircraft motor overload or a Gimbal Motor Overload.
2017-11-21
Use props
fans0a7c786d
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 780285 ft
South Africa

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-11-21
Use props
fans463c6a99
lvl.1
United States

fans0a7c786d Posted at 2017-11-21 10:49
I see your problem, check out picture number 3, your base plate for the gimbal has jumped over a little retaining hook, this hook just stops excessive movement but your on the wrong side of it

Thanks!
I'm not sure if I see what your seeing.
2017-11-21
Use props
fans463c6a99
lvl.1
United States

fans0a7c786d Posted at 2017-11-21 10:49
I see your problem, check out picture number 3, your base plate for the gimbal has jumped over a little retaining hook, this hook just stops excessive movement but your on the wrong side of it

It's saying "Aircraft motor overload" not "Gimbal motor overload".

In the back of the baseplate, I see a metal little clamp held down by two little holes that keeps the baseplate in place,  this is above the plate and is not obstructing it.

2017-11-21
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just confirming, MP never crashed?
2017-11-21
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

You are right your gimbal seated correctly. Usually when you push your flying to the limit and or something obstracting the motor fans and gets overheated you will ge this error. Try this, First perform an AUTO GIMBAL CALIBRATION. If the gimbal is NOT behaving crasy then start the RC/ AC as normal and then see if the gimbal is behaving normally. If yes then turn the RC/AC and let it run without taking off for few minutes and see if you still have the error. then try lifting off and let it hover for few minutes and check on the rror again and let us know. Good luck dude!
2017-11-21
Use props
fans0a7c786d
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 780285 ft
South Africa

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-11-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans463c6a99 Posted at 2017-11-21 13:47

In the back of the baseplate, I see a metal little clamp held down by two little holes that keeps the baseplate in place,  this is above the plate and is not obstructing it.

Please try to restart the drone and app for several times, and also try to refresh the firmware, if it doesn't help, please send it in. You can click here for applying an online repair case: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2017-11-21
Use props
fans463c6a99
lvl.1
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-11-21 21:51
You are right your gimbal seated correctly. Usually when you push your flying to the limit and or something obstracting the motor fans and gets overheated you will ge this error. Try this, First perform an AUTO GIMBAL CALIBRATION. If the gimbal is NOT behaving crasy then strat the RC/ AC as normal and then see if the gimbal is behaving normally. If yes then turn the RC/AC and let it run without taking off for few minutes and see if you still have the error. then try lifting off and let it hover for few minutes and check on the rror again and let us know. Good luck dude!

I am fairly new to the drone world. What is RC/ AC ? and how do I do what your recommending
2017-11-22
Use props
fans463c6a99
lvl.1
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-11-21 21:51
You are right your gimbal seated correctly. Usually when you push your flying to the limit and or something obstracting the motor fans and gets overheated you will ge this error. Try this, First perform an AUTO GIMBAL CALIBRATION. If the gimbal is NOT behaving crasy then strat the RC/ AC as normal and then see if the gimbal is behaving normally. If yes then turn the RC/AC and let it run without taking off for few minutes and see if you still have the error. then try lifting off and let it hover for few minutes and check on the rror again and let us know. Good luck dude!

Auto Gimbal Calibration tried, gimbal not responding at all.
2017-11-22
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
United States

Guessing that must be a typo in the App.  Before you return it for service, try the firmware re-install as DJI Thor suggests.

RC = Remote Controi
AC  = Aircraft
2017-11-22
Use props
fans463c6a99
lvl.1
United States

Griffith Posted at 2017-11-22 06:10

Guessing that must be a typo in the App.  Before you return it for service, try the firmware re-install as DJI Thor suggests.

Stupid question, how do you strat?
2017-11-22
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Griffith Posted at 2017-11-22 06:10

Hey Griffith,

Thx for explaining the secret code to the newbie dude...
2017-11-22
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-11-22 07:15
Hey Griffith,

Thx for explaining the secret code to the newbie dude...

Hi Dronist,

I'll let you explain "strat" .  Sounds like one of my sceret code words :-)
2017-11-22
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans463c6a99 Posted at 2017-11-22 06:36
Stupid question, how do you strat?

First you turn on the RC = REMOTE CONTROLLER, then turn on the AC= AIRCRAFT. Keep an eye on the Gimbal see if it is initiating its dance routine.

Now if the gimbal did not do the turning hold the aircraft with one hand then try to move the gimbal GENTLY with the other hand in deifferent direction to it's limit WITHOUT forcing it out.

To do AUTO GIMBAL CALIBRATION from the main menu, click on the gimbal icon and then click on the auto calibration and make sure it is on a flat surface.

Let us know!!
2017-11-22
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Griffith Posted at 2017-11-22 07:21
Hi Dronist,

I'll let you explain "strat" .  Sounds like one of my sceret code words :-)

one of those really really LATE NIGHT reply!
2017-11-22
Use props
fans463c6a99
lvl.1
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-11-22 07:22
First you turn on the RC = REMOTE CONTROLLER, then turn on the AC= AIRCRAFT. Keep an eye on the Gimbal see if it is initiating its dance routine.

Now if the gimbal did not do the turning hold the aircraft with one hand then try to move the gimbal GENTLY with the other hand in deifferent direction to it's limit WITHOUT forcing it out.

The latest firmware is installed and I tried the "strat" thing, didnt work. Im going to send it in
2017-11-22
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans463c6a99 Posted at 2017-11-22 07:36
The latest firmware is installed and I tried the "strat" thing, didnt work. Im going to send it in

Sorry dude! Good luck! Keep us posted on the result.

2017-11-22
Use props
fans463c6a99
lvl.1
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-11-22 08:13
Sorry dude! Good luck! Keep us posted on the result.

Will do! I've had the mavic just over a month, just long enough to call it my second love.
2017-11-22
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Dear fans463c6a99,

Yeah!
You must send it to DJI.
Despite of popping up: aircraft motor overload, it is referred to gimbal and this is a problem with the ribbon cable that will need to be changed, or the circuit.
It is a common problem and a curse to the Mavics!.
2017-11-22
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans463c6a99 Posted at 2017-11-22 08:15
Will do! I've had the mavic just over a month, just long enough to call it my second love.

Maybe your first love messed it up out of jealous rage...   

Advice for life and for free, Always tell your first love they are the ONE AND ONLY!  

or you have to sleep with one eye open or

2017-11-22
Use props
fans463c6a99
lvl.1
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-11-22 08:25
Maybe your first love messed it up out of jealous rage...   

Advice for life and for free, Always tell your first love they are the ONE AND ONLY!   

Good Advice. I hope to make my first love my wife one day .. I can't really say that with medal and plastic..
2017-11-22
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

fans463c6a99 Posted at 2017-11-21 13:47

Has this gimbal ever been repaired? I had a look at my Mavic and the tabs that allow movement in the gimbal on mine are stabilised with black rubber. Yours look like some sort of brown cord.
2017-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules